Before End Of Season Camp Closures - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
An informal gathering -at HeartBar Campground on Calif. State HWY 38 near Onyx Summit between Angelus Oaks and Big Bear. Tell your friends!
Would you like pot-luck dinner or pot-luck dessert Sat. evening or just piece and quiet? Suggestions are welcome!

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
uhm....

I'll be there
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
Send a message via MSN to James Harper Send a message via Yahoo to James Harper
We 2 We 2 !!!

James Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #4

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Welcome James, the more the merrier.
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #5

When originally posting the dates, I indicated the start date was on Sunday. Thanks to Gina, the dates have been corrected. Actually, Ann and I will be arriving Friday afternoon and will be in Aspen Loop. It's first come, first served, so come when you are able and stay as long as you like. Our personal plan is to stay until mid-morning on Monday.
This is a very scenic area with some nice short hiking (or longer if you prefer). Bring cameras---sometimes even the chipmunks cooperate (briefly)!

Kurt & Ann K.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:56 AM   #6

Come and enjoy where the weather is a little cooler! After the Labor Day week-end hoop-la has died down and kids have gone back to school, the campground should be nice and peaceful. Time to renew old friendships and make some new ones.
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #7

Registry
We are entering "RV weather" here and it will continue to be thru closing. Perfect for our rigs.. come on up!

Today was one of those cozy days we all love.. slight drizzle for most of the day with intermittent downpours. Enough to create the mood, but not dampen the spirits!

I had one of the most relaxing and bestest naps I have had in a long while today.. listening to the drizzle on the roof but staying warm all along!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #8

Registry
A note... we have shut down one loop for the season, as the qty of campers will drop dramatically after yesterday (As of last nite, we had all of 6 folks there)

I can check and see if we can put rally folks in the closed loop.. after all, it's me that does the clean up and I could make an exception for folks bringing their own bathrooms
Old 09-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #9

Gina,
Thanks, that's a good thought, I don't think our wild group practicing baying at the moon with coyotes will create much of a mess. Shall we scrounge up some fire wood? I'm guessing night time temps will be in the mid 40's at that elevation, unless we get a warming trend.
Think I'll bring a good book so I can sit out under the trees and read for awhile----then again Destiny may have other ideas. Her new Jolly Ball might get a good workout.
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #10

There is relief from the heat in Southern California! Come up to HeartBar Campground next weekend and meet a few others who are like minded.
Bring your friends who own stickies, tents, motor homes, pickup campers or...?

See you there!
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:20 PM   #11

Registry
No need to bring wood, I have plenty, and theres more where that came from.

We had all of 13 sites taken this weekend, and next is supposed to be even slower..

SOOOO.... you pretty much have pick of the campground.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #12

Registry
I forgot to mention...

FREE GOLF CART RIDES!!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #13

Gina,
Thanks for your help!

Anyone else interested?
It's this coming weekend!
Bring friends, relatives, boating buddies, fishing partners, etc., We're a friendly bunch and welcome new faces for relaxation, conversation, elucidation, commiseration, recreation, the opportunity for deep, fresh respiration or just plain solitude and rest.

Hope to see you soon,
Kurt & Ann K.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #14

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I'm so disappointed we won't be able to make it. Eric is going up to Kernville to pick up the big trailer for wedding house guests and I'm making an attempt to paint the living room if my body will allow. Camping sounds so much more fun!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #15

Lizbeth & Eric,
You will be missed, but you gotta do what you gotta do! The more effort in planning and execution the better the outcome. We pray the entire event goes smoothly, and the couple have a long successful marriage.

Relief is just around the bend, or is that "just over the next hill"?
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #16

It was nice to actually see some of the people we've met on the FGRV Forum.! Joyce and Jim in their Fiber Stream were first to arrive, and on Sunday, Nancy and Patrick showed up with their Casita. Friends from church, Jean and Ted, week-end camp host Gina, Scamp owner Erwin and Ann and I completed the group.
It was quite handy to have Gina save some sites and furnish the campfire location and firewood. Thanks!!

Hopefully everyone else had as enjoyable a time as Ann and I. Thanks to all for a relaxing, interesting week-end of sharing!

Kurt & Ann K.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #17

Registry
no one wanted a golf cart ride.. they said something about being seen with toilet brushes and ran the other direction.

It was fun to sit by the fire and have company.. thanks all!