Boler Meet Advice - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Send a message via ICQ to Jollean Send a message via MSN to Jollean
Greetings,
I have huge interest in attending a Boler/Fiberglass Rally. Most of these meets so far are a little out of my range within the next year or two. So this leads me to one theory... Plan a Boler meet in Kananaskis Country Alberta!

I am known for party planning at home and parades of garage sales so how hard would a Boler meet be?

This is where everyones advice is needed...

1. Would anyone in the area (or outside for that matter) be interested in a FG Trailer meet in the Calgary, Alberta area?

2. For anyone who has planned these events in the past, what is involved?

Look forward to everyone's input!
Jollean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Greetings,
I have huge interest in attending a Boler/Fiberglass Rally. Most of these meets so far are a little out of my range within the next year or two. So this leads me to one theory... Plan a Boler meet in Kananaskis Country Alberta!

I am known for party planning at home and parades of garage sales so how hard would a Boler meet be?

1. Would anyone in the area (or outside for that matter) be interested in a FG Trailer meet in the Calgary, Alberta area?

I LOVE a party!! Wish I was closer. Good Luck with your plan, it will surely be great!

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:14 AM   #3

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hi Jollean,

Drop me an email and I would be glad to send you what I have on organizing a rally.

ORGathering@watsonmountain.com

Go for it! It's really fun to do and attend!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Nancy has large event planning nailed!

I've been involved in events for the past 30-35 years, but most classic car related. What I've found is you can plan to the nth degree or not plan anything at all....all you really need to do is find a place and put out the word about place/time/costs. Everyone makes their own reservations/arrangements, etc. What people want most is to just get together. Over the years, our car club has learned to NOT over plan and over schedule folks time. The best events we've had are the most simple. You're already through half the battle simply by having the idea and desire
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well, Donna its NOT to late to make new plans to venture NORTH for our May event, still one or two sites open in our area (car people part)
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
God willing and the river don't rise, I'll be there in 2007 Doug! I'm going to be in Tennessee that particular weekend this year....me and about 15,000 classic Ford truck folk!
F-100 SuperNationals
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:45 PM   #7

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
Greetings,

Woo-hoo! Sounds like FUN! Are you thinking of this year sometime? Richard and I would be game for September! Put us down as a definate INTERESTED for quesyon #1.

FYI: There's a Bolerama in Saskatchewan on the third weekend of July. It's always well attended (66 units last year). I believe they posted the info in this forum, but you can also go to the Bolerama pages for info.

Q.2: Regarding planning for the Prairie Bolerama (Saskatchewan), one of the reasons they have it there instead of Alberta (I've been told) is because of the difficulty in finding a location in AB that has flush toilets, power and showers - apparently a MUST for some people. Also in finding a place that has group camping or will take reservations. Anytime you can get the campground to handle the reservations (and the $), you lose some control over the event...and some of the work! Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #8

Send a message via ICQ to Jollean Send a message via MSN to Jollean
Thanks so much I am excited by the thought now that someone else might go! I invision myself sitting in a group camp by myself for the first one! I like your advice on the washroom that could be a challenge as the place I am thinking is Sandy Mcnabb in Kananaskis. It has a great group camp very private, large group campfire area and shelter if the weather is not so nice. No showers or flush toilette's though. Lots of well kept outhouses! I would aim for September if possible too as it will take me some time to get it together and that is IF the group camp is available and there is enough interest. If not we will aim for next year. But in the end I would really like it for this year! Thanks for your interest I hope we can make it happen!
Jollean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #9

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
We can live with outhouses. Sounds like a great trip!

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #10

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Don't worry.

"If you build it, they will come."

Kathy
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #11

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Nancy, Thanks for the info, got it and saved it today, sounds like you have all the bases covered....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #12

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
Jollean,

Here's the website for the Prairie Bolerama in case you can make it.

http://www.sasktelwebsite.net/kobitzm/index.htm

It's being held the 21st to 23rd of July at the Eagle Valley Park Campground, which is about a 4.5 hour run from Calgary.

A September get together in Kananaskis sounds like a nice idea. Consider me interested.
Robert B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #13

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry
Greetings all!
Yes the Bolerama is scheduled for the July 20 - 23 weekend at Eagle Lake campground just east of Maple Creek, Saskatchewan. I am registered. I understand there is lots of room and a whole field for overflow if we need it. Maple creek is just into Saskatchewan (25 miles east of the Alberta Border). The campground is situated in a beautiful river valley and is located right on the TransCanada Highway. We will arrive there on the 20th to see if we can help out in any way, and will stay over to the following monday, then adjourn the Court of Relaxation to the Big Valley Jamboree at Camrose Alberta for the following weekend.
These events are open to all fiberglass rv'ers who wish to attend. Call for a site and come and join us. Anyone with ambitions to organize any event in the area gets my hearty applause, and we will welcome any opportunity to meet with other Eggnut such as ourselves.
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #14

Send a message via Yahoo to KARL PROUDE
Quote:
Greetings,

Hi Jollean..Great idea..Just take the bull by the horns kiddo and getter done.I am planning our first meet here on Prince Edward Island and as someone has given you the advise do it and it will build.I am working on my old theory...KEEP IT SIMPLE..I don,t think people want or need to be led by the hand for a week-end and be told where and when to be here and there etc for planned events. I want to see people come to our meet,and if they want to take off and enjoy our Island or go out for dinner do it..The main thing is to meet and greet and talk Fiberglass when you want to and enjoy each others units etc. Relax relax relax. But we are having our meet in conjunction with the Atlantic Fiddlers Jamboree.This wil provide entertainment which I don,t have to organize or worry about. It helps them to bring people in, and also our event will provide some entertainment for their followers to see all these cute little units in the Festival camp ground...
KARL PROUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #15

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp
I had a wonderful trip to Sask. for the Bolerama 2005. We were the only USA people there and couldn't have had a better reception. It was a "free form program" so I toured to everyone's rig at my own lesuire. There was a good potluck, also.
If you Canadaiens do an Athkanaskis event, count me IN! I have never forgotten the wonderful golfing there and am dying to repeat that and the camping in beautiful Alberta.
shirley munson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler