Ca. Desert Winter Warm-up Feb.9-12, '07 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #41

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Quote:
Hi Lou
Try clicking on this website.. Change the dates at the top and then highlight a campsite.
http://www.rivcoparksreservations.org/rese...ns.asp?parkId=4
Hi Carol...did it ..it kept reverting....called like Marlene and told them website was not very friendly...the girl said she was...and she was.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #42

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Casita Liberty
Send a message via AIM to Maggi Rudy
Glad you guys are figuring it out, the website that is, or did you cheat and call!
Just spent two nights at Lake Cahuilla with Shirley and Keith Williams. Really a great campground. The water is a bit low at the moment and they are also re-doing the water and irrigation so at the moment the camping area is a bit dug up, but the diggin' should be over soon. Always a nice place to spend a few days anyway. And besides that, Shirley and Keith are always fun to camp with! I wouldn't be surprised to see them drive over from Mesa to join us in Feb!

So get off your duff the rest of you and get signed up before all the good sites are taken! We are going to have a great time and you will be sorry if you miss out!

Maggi
Maggi Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #43

Trailer: 77 Scamp 13 ft / Landrover Freelander
all ready came down to palm springs to get out of the denver winter. I will see you all there!
brian dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:05 PM   #44

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Hi all, We just got space 59 for 9th, 10th and 11th leaving Monday.
Looking forward to seeing ALL.
Have Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, Happy Hannakuh, Merry Kwanzwa and the very BEST in the coming New Year!
Chuck n Nancie
Chuck-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #45

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft
As usual, we procrastinated, you would think we would learn. We had to take a site out in the hinderlands, #32. At least we are close to the showerhouse and will be able to wander in to be with the core group.

See you there.
Larry Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:47 AM   #46

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Ian has just PMed me, saying they will be there in the new Escape 5er!

Everyone, sign up just to come see!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #47

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft 2002
Better late than never!!
Barbara and Jim Davis will be in Site-35.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #48

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Hi Jim, Glad you can come.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #49

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2005 / 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Dual Cab Pickup ('The Little Saints')
Send a message via AIM to Mary Ellen St. Louis
We have recently registered to go to this rally. We are traveling with Gene Layton and family. We have a site already but wondered what if anything was on agenda??? Do we need to bring for potluck, social hour??? Just want to be prepared. We are easy and go with the flow so if nothing is planned, that is ok with us also. We went to Fiberglass Rally in Nevada last Spring and look forward to seeing many of you again.

Mary Ellen & Mel
Mary Ellen St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:52 AM   #50

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
I just got #39 for Friday and Saturday nights. Hubby wanted the hookups, but it looks like we're backing onto the road. Oh well.
I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. This will be my first rally with you all, and I'm excited.

How far is it from the front to the back of the campground? A reasonable distance or do we need to set up a secondary social center at the end?

May/can we put stakes in the ground for a shade? Or do I need to contact the park?

Marian
marian a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #51

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Casita Liberty
Send a message via AIM to Maggi Rudy
It looks like we are going to have a great turnout for our Winter Warm Up! Not so warm at this point in time but hopefully by next month we will have our typical warm and balmy weather. BUT...............NO PROMISES!

If you check the campground map you can see that the campground is actually not terribly large. It would only take a few minutes to walk from one end to the other. There are no FULL HOOK UPS. Only water and electric, but the dumpstation is close. Also the dry camp sites are very nice.

We just came back from a 3 day stay at Lake Cahuilla. A few of us met at Quartsite and afterwards 3 of us spent 3 more days at the lake. It was in the mid 80's one of those days. Almost too warm.

Wes and I will be in the first site just past the camp hosts rigs as you come into the campground. This makes for a great place to gather and has adequate space to sit around the campfire. You can't miss us you know, we have one of those tiny funny little white egg-like trailers called a Casita!

Friday late afternoon and probably late into the night, we are planning a wine and cheese get-to-gether. A good time to get aquainted and or re-aquainted. If everyone would bring a snack to share, we will furnish a couple of those exquisite "boxed wines" and some Cheese to go with your snacks. Keep it simple!

I will try to find a tent or something to use for cover in case of rain. If any of you out there in Casita Land has one that we could use, please do bring it. I know Gina has one, eh GINA? And of course if we have any rain at all, a couple of tents for covers would be great!

Saturday at 5PM are going to have a hamburger barbeque. This will be in lieu of a potluck. We will furnish the hamburger and buns. (Wes doesn't know it yet but he will cook the burgers and of course keep the fire a burnin') Anyone out there want to furnish the condiments like onions, relish, catsup, etc? Just post a note here and let me know who would want to so that we don't end up with 12 jars of mustard and the likes! Perhaps a couple pots of beans, a few salads, and cookies for desert would be all we would need to enjoy a hopefully great dining experience under the stars. (KEEP IT SIMPLE)

We have a couple of boce ball sets and weather permitting we will have a boce tournament! Fun and Easy! Carol Upton might bring her golf ball toss yes Carol? Also if you like to hike or walk there are some trails close by. There is fishing, if anyone wants to fish, (requires Ca. fishing license and I think a couple of bucks extra per day). There are some very large trout along with some catfish and who knows what else, just waiting to grab onto a fish hook.

Now, all this sounds just wonderful but February weather can be unpredicatable so in case of inclement weather Saturday night, you can hop in your tow vehicle and drive less than 2 miles to the Rudys' where under cover of a patio and or the house we can have a dry and cozy hamburger barbeque.

There is a street fair on weekends at the local college which is always fun to go to. Also Palm Springs proper is about a 30 mile drive. Lots to do, some theatres for movies if it does happen to be cold, rainy, windy, or all of the above.

It is less than a month away now before the camp-out so be sure and register for a site if you haven't already done so. SEE YOU SOON! DRIVE SAFELY!

WES AND MAGGI
Maggi Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #52

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2005 / 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Dual Cab Pickup ('The Little Saints')
Send a message via AIM to Mary Ellen St. Louis
Quote:
Saturday at 5PM are going to have a hamburger barbeque. This will be in lieu of a potluck. We will furnish the hamburger and buns. (Wes doesn't know it yet but he will cook the burgers and of course keep the fire a burnin') Anyone out there want to furnish the condiments like onions, relish, catsup, etc? Just post a note here and let me know who would want to so that we don't end up with 12 jars of mustard and the likes! Perhaps a couple pots of beans, a few salads, and cookies for desert would be all we would need to enjoy a hopefully great dining experience under the stars. (KEEP IT SIMPLE) SEE YOU SOON! DRIVE SAFELY!

WES AND MAGGI
Mel and I will bring sliced onions for the burgers and a pasta salad. If anything else is needed, just let us know.
We are looking forward to this and hope the weather is good. If not, we will make due anyway!!! Our little Casita does not see much rain in Arizona!!!!

Mel and Mary Ellen St. Louis
Mary Ellen St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #53

Registry
I'll bring the beans!

And then we can all blame it on my dog!

Yep, the screen room is always with me.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:36 AM   #54

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Mike and I will bring a potato salad and 2-10' x 10' shades.

We're really looking forward to coming to Lake Cahilla, especially since we missed out on our planned trip over New Year's.

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #55

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I'll bring a jar of relish and some pickles, too.

I got bummed the other day when I looked at the calendar I realized that the gathering is further out than I thought. I think I was doing a little wishful thinking when I looked at the calendar. I've been cooped up, as My niece gave me a cold for Christmas, so I had been under the weather for a couple weeks.

Rain.....what rain!!! Doesn't that old song say something about "It doesn't rain in Southern California".

Maggi, you should be glad you folks aren't up in Mi-Wuk. It's 26 degrees down here in Sonora at 11:00pm. Supposed to 20 or less by morning. At this rate it'll be less than 20 before 2:00am. Any way, it's got to be a lot colder up in Mi-Wuk. I just went out and turned a heater on in my Scamp.

See you folks soon.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #56

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Maggi,
We will bring the sliced Tillamook Cheese for the burgers and also Mayo & Mustard.
Gene & Nelene
Gene L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #57

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Lora said she'd bring Brownies
how many people have reservations now?
glad too see you are coming also Gene, which site do you have.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #58

Registry
Lou

Signed up

I don't see your name, did I miss it? Post your names and spaces and I will update the list.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #59

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
I'll bring a macaroni salad.
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #60

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

Lou and Lora signed up Nov 20....Space 54...
It was easy to miss as he mentioned Nick.

Carol
----------------------

Hi Nick...yea i finally did to....got space 54....thinks it's the high rent district
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote