Calgary Boler Meet for keeners - May 2007 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #1

Trailer: Star Stream 19ft Aluminum
Exclamation

Is it just me itching to get a jump start on the season or are there other people just dancin' to get out there and Boler !?!?

Andrea and I always start our camping season a little earlier than the May long weekend - I thought I'd post this and see if anyone local is interested in joining us?

We were thinking something local for either one night (Sat) or two (Fri Sat). We've read about lots of winter reno projects and talked to lots of people that we'd love to meet. Likely the weekend of May 5/6, two weeks before the May long, subject to weather. (Although we'll probably go anyway)

Any interest out there in the community? Email or reply here!

Old 02-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
We too are chomping at the bit to get our trailer out for the first time ever. Would you be heading a little north of Calgary???

Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #3

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Where would this be located at?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #4

Quote:
We too are chomping at the bit to get our trailer out for the first time ever. Would you be heading a little north of Calgary???
Sure! You bet - how about we meet halfway somewhere around Rocky Mountain House or Sundre? There is a few provincial parks there that might be open a week or two before the long weekend ... or there is always year-round wilderness camping.

How does that sound?

We would love to see that Trillium up close! Is it original or renovated?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Where would this be located at?
Looks like between Calgary and Edmonton - a ways for you guys to travel perhaps, but you'd certainly be very welcome!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #6

This is great, we have about 5/6 trailers (tentative) between this forum and the forums.delphiforums.com/bolerama/ message group.

Any more ?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Sure! You bet - how about we meet halfway somewhere around Rocky Mountain House or Sundre? There is a few provincial parks there that might be open a week or two before the long weekend ... or there is always year-round wilderness camping.

How does that sound?

We would love to see that Trillium up close! Is it original or renovated?
Rocky Mountain House area would be great, but we are still a maybe, it would probably be our first ever trip with a trailer and we were planning to do it closer to home (about the same time of year), but we might try to get out sooner.

We do like the idea of not going on a long weekend when it will be crazy busy at the campgrounds and on the highways, might it be better the weekend before the long weekend? Maybe campgrounds will be open by then? Maybe better weather?

The outside was painted 2 years ago by the prior owner, the inside is all original until we finish replacing the worn out cushions and fabric, it is in very good shape for its age.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Rocky Mountain House area would be great, but we are still a maybe, it would probably be our first ever trip with a trailer and we were planning to do it closer to home (about the same time of year), but we might try to get out sooner.

We do like the idea of not going on a long weekend when it will be crazy busy at the campgrounds and on the highways, might it be better the weekend before the long weekend? Maybe campgrounds will be open by then? Maybe better weather?

The outside was painted 2 years ago by the prior owner, the inside is all original until we finish replacing the worn out cushions and fabric, it is in very good shape for its age.
Definately we could do the weekend before the long weekend, however I wonder how many people (esp those with f amilies) will be able to take off two consecutive weekends. I'm certainly open to it.

As for weather .. there is just no way to predict one weekend vs the other - either May weekend could be nice ... or not. I think we just have to choose a weekend, and live with it. If the weather is bad a couple of days before and people don't want to go, that's fine. Likely Andrea and I will still go anyway. We don't mind if it's a bit rough.

What do the other interested parties think?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #9

Name: janel
Trailer: 77surfside TM 14 & 79 argosy
Alberta
Quote:
Is it just me itching to get a jump start on the season or are there other people just dancin' to get out there and Boler !?!?

Andrea and I always start our camping season a little earlier than the May long weekend - I thought I'd post this and see if anyone local is interested in joining us?

We were thinking something local for either one night (Sat) or two (Fri Sat). We've read about lots of winter reno projects and talked to lots of people that we'd love to meet. Likely the weekend of May 5/6, two weeks before the May long, subject to weather. (Although we'll probably go anyway)

Any interest out there in the community? Email or reply here!
scratching that itch...it is contagious, or is that just the fiberglass itch?
long time watcher, first time forum member. hubby and i spend most of the summer weekends in our 1977 TM 14. have great spots for bush and "honor system" campsites for thoes less self contained, all around central and north alberta. how about nordegg? know of some great places with tons to do (bring your golf clubs). might have to hook up with you sometime around the long weekend, as having first child two weeks before may long. yup, i sure look like your boler, just not quite as orange.
janel
Old 02-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #10

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Hmmmm....we'll have to do a little creative calendering, but I think I could talk Richard into this. We're in Lethbridge. Name date time and place and I'll get back with a confirmation.
Janel, it'll be fun to see your Surfside!

WOO-HOO!!!! A camping we will go......
Old 02-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #11

Quote:
... might have to hook up with you sometime around the long weekend, as having first child two weeks before may long. yup, i sure look like your boler, just not quite as orange.
janel
Whoa!! Normally I'd give you a hard time about missing a fibreglass meet ... but ok, you seem to have a good reason!!!

I hope everything goes well for you, good luck! And for sure, we'll see you on or after the long weekend. Since there is lots of interest locally, perhaps we can do a few regular and/or long weekend through out the summer?

Can I lean on you for advice for good camp spots? I know that area a little bit, but perhaps not as much as you appear to do. That ok?

Regards,
Old 02-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Hmmmm....we'll have to do a little creative calendering, but I think I could talk Richard into this. We're in Lethbridge. Name date time and place and I'll get back with a confirmation.
Janel, it'll be fun to see your Surfside!

WOO-HOO!!!! A camping we will go......
Hey, great! Between this group and the 'other' one, I think we have about 9 trailers now. That's more than I thought, and I'm thinking that more will come along in the coming weeks ... either we have ourselves a weekend!

Hey by the way, was this picture from the Bolerama last year or '05? Something tells me I've seen a surfside that color in one of the photo galleries. It's just a beaut! Hard to forget.

The date is still tentative for the first weekend in May, but I'll confirm that with you in a day or two once I collect up all the feedback - it can be that one or the next but if we did it the second weekend in May, I'm thinking that people might have a tough time with two consecutive weekends, as the following one is the long weekend. What's your preference Miriam?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #13

Name: janel
Trailer: 77surfside TM 14 & 79 argosy
Alberta
Quote:
Whoa!! Normally I'd give you a hard time about missing a fibreglass meet ... but ok, you seem to have a good reason!!!

I hope everything goes well for you, good luck! And for sure, we'll see you on or after the long weekend. Since there is lots of interest locally, perhaps we can do a few regular and/or long weekend through out the summer?

Can I lean on you for advice for good camp spots? I know that area a little bit, but perhaps not as much as you appear to do. That ok?

Regards,
know alot of great spots near nordegg that can accomidate many trailers, with little off roading. can give info on rockey area also. if you venture more north, i have great spots, one site on a little lake with great fishing. i preffer regular weekends camping, not so many yahoos with monster rigs (small in the pants symdrome). thats when bush camping prevails. fab-u-glass.
i relish the opportunity to hang with other fiberglass-ers.
cheers
Janel
Old 02-09-2007, 11:10 PM   #14

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
I'm interested. Where and when and I'll check my schedule to see if I can fimr up and make it.

Tags
boler