Calgary Boler Meet for keeners - May 2007 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #1

Trailer: Star Stream 19ft Aluminum
Exclamation

Is it just me itching to get a jump start on the season or are there other people just dancin' to get out there and Boler !?!?

Andrea and I always start our camping season a little earlier than the May long weekend - I thought I'd post this and see if anyone local is interested in joining us?

We were thinking something local for either one night (Sat) or two (Fri Sat). We've read about lots of winter reno projects and talked to lots of people that we'd love to meet. Likely the weekend of May 5/6, two weeks before the May long, subject to weather. (Although we'll probably go anyway)

Any interest out there in the community? Email or reply here!
Darren C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
We too are chomping at the bit to get our trailer out for the first time ever. Would you be heading a little north of Calgary???
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Where would this be located at?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #4

Quote:
We too are chomping at the bit to get our trailer out for the first time ever. Would you be heading a little north of Calgary???
Sure! You bet - how about we meet halfway somewhere around Rocky Mountain House or Sundre? There is a few provincial parks there that might be open a week or two before the long weekend ... or there is always year-round wilderness camping.

How does that sound?

We would love to see that Trillium up close! Is it original or renovated?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Where would this be located at?
Looks like between Calgary and Edmonton - a ways for you guys to travel perhaps, but you'd certainly be very welcome!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #6

This is great, we have about 5/6 trailers (tentative) between this forum and the forums.delphiforums.com/bolerama/ message group.

Any more ?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #7

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Sure! You bet - how about we meet halfway somewhere around Rocky Mountain House or Sundre? There is a few provincial parks there that might be open a week or two before the long weekend ... or there is always year-round wilderness camping.

How does that sound?

We would love to see that Trillium up close! Is it original or renovated?
Rocky Mountain House area would be great, but we are still a maybe, it would probably be our first ever trip with a trailer and we were planning to do it closer to home (about the same time of year), but we might try to get out sooner.

We do like the idea of not going on a long weekend when it will be crazy busy at the campgrounds and on the highways, might it be better the weekend before the long weekend? Maybe campgrounds will be open by then? Maybe better weather?

The outside was painted 2 years ago by the prior owner, the inside is all original until we finish replacing the worn out cushions and fabric, it is in very good shape for its age.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Rocky Mountain House area would be great, but we are still a maybe, it would probably be our first ever trip with a trailer and we were planning to do it closer to home (about the same time of year), but we might try to get out sooner.

We do like the idea of not going on a long weekend when it will be crazy busy at the campgrounds and on the highways, might it be better the weekend before the long weekend? Maybe campgrounds will be open by then? Maybe better weather?

The outside was painted 2 years ago by the prior owner, the inside is all original until we finish replacing the worn out cushions and fabric, it is in very good shape for its age.
Definately we could do the weekend before the long weekend, however I wonder how many people (esp those with f amilies) will be able to take off two consecutive weekends. I'm certainly open to it.

As for weather .. there is just no way to predict one weekend vs the other - either May weekend could be nice ... or not. I think we just have to choose a weekend, and live with it. If the weather is bad a couple of days before and people don't want to go, that's fine. Likely Andrea and I will still go anyway. We don't mind if it's a bit rough.

What do the other interested parties think?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #9

Name: janel
Trailer: 77surfside TM 14 & 79 argosy
Alberta
Quote:
Is it just me itching to get a jump start on the season or are there other people just dancin' to get out there and Boler !?!?

Andrea and I always start our camping season a little earlier than the May long weekend - I thought I'd post this and see if anyone local is interested in joining us?

We were thinking something local for either one night (Sat) or two (Fri Sat). We've read about lots of winter reno projects and talked to lots of people that we'd love to meet. Likely the weekend of May 5/6, two weeks before the May long, subject to weather. (Although we'll probably go anyway)

Any interest out there in the community? Email or reply here!
scratching that itch...it is contagious, or is that just the fiberglass itch?
long time watcher, first time forum member. hubby and i spend most of the summer weekends in our 1977 TM 14. have great spots for bush and "honor system" campsites for thoes less self contained, all around central and north alberta. how about nordegg? know of some great places with tons to do (bring your golf clubs). might have to hook up with you sometime around the long weekend, as having first child two weeks before may long. yup, i sure look like your boler, just not quite as orange.
janel
janel.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #10

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Hmmmm....we'll have to do a little creative calendering, but I think I could talk Richard into this. We're in Lethbridge. Name date time and place and I'll get back with a confirmation.
Janel, it'll be fun to see your Surfside!

WOO-HOO!!!! A camping we will go......
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #11

Quote:
... might have to hook up with you sometime around the long weekend, as having first child two weeks before may long. yup, i sure look like your boler, just not quite as orange.
janel
Whoa!! Normally I'd give you a hard time about missing a fibreglass meet ... but ok, you seem to have a good reason!!!

I hope everything goes well for you, good luck! And for sure, we'll see you on or after the long weekend. Since there is lots of interest locally, perhaps we can do a few regular and/or long weekend through out the summer?

Can I lean on you for advice for good camp spots? I know that area a little bit, but perhaps not as much as you appear to do. That ok?

Regards,
Old 02-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Hmmmm....we'll have to do a little creative calendering, but I think I could talk Richard into this. We're in Lethbridge. Name date time and place and I'll get back with a confirmation.
Janel, it'll be fun to see your Surfside!

WOO-HOO!!!! A camping we will go......
Hey, great! Between this group and the 'other' one, I think we have about 9 trailers now. That's more than I thought, and I'm thinking that more will come along in the coming weeks ... either we have ourselves a weekend!

Hey by the way, was this picture from the Bolerama last year or '05? Something tells me I've seen a surfside that color in one of the photo galleries. It's just a beaut! Hard to forget.

The date is still tentative for the first weekend in May, but I'll confirm that with you in a day or two once I collect up all the feedback - it can be that one or the next but if we did it the second weekend in May, I'm thinking that people might have a tough time with two consecutive weekends, as the following one is the long weekend. What's your preference Miriam?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #13

Name: janel
Trailer: 77surfside TM 14 & 79 argosy
Alberta
Quote:
Whoa!! Normally I'd give you a hard time about missing a fibreglass meet ... but ok, you seem to have a good reason!!!

I hope everything goes well for you, good luck! And for sure, we'll see you on or after the long weekend. Since there is lots of interest locally, perhaps we can do a few regular and/or long weekend through out the summer?

Can I lean on you for advice for good camp spots? I know that area a little bit, but perhaps not as much as you appear to do. That ok?

Regards,
know alot of great spots near nordegg that can accomidate many trailers, with little off roading. can give info on rockey area also. if you venture more north, i have great spots, one site on a little lake with great fishing. i preffer regular weekends camping, not so many yahoos with monster rigs (small in the pants symdrome). thats when bush camping prevails. fab-u-glass.
i relish the opportunity to hang with other fiberglass-ers.
cheers
Janel
janel.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:10 PM   #14

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
I'm interested. Where and when and I'll check my schedule to see if I can fimr up and make it.
Robert B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #15

--><div class='quotemain'>
I'm interested. Where and when and I'll check my schedule to see if I can fimr up and make it.
[/quote]
Be great to see you there, Robert

Stay tuned and I'll be finalizing it within the next week.

I'll be sure to post it here!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #16

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
Hey by the way, was this picture from the Bolerama last year or '05? Something tells me I've seen a surfside that color in one of the photo galleries. It's just a beaut! Hard to forget.

... tough time with two consecutive weekends, as the following one is the long weekend. What's your preference Miriam?
*blush* Thank-you for your comments. The pic is from Bolerama '05. The interior is in robin's egg blue and the unit's had quite a few upgrades, mostly cosmetic.

Preference: Either weekends are fine as far as I know. So far I'm not booked for work, but that may change. If it does, I'll deal with it when it happens.

Do you think we'll be able to pre-book / guarantee or sites? I know some of the provincial campgrounds near where I live are 1st come, 1st served, and are often full by Wednesday / Thursday night.

Thank-you for arranging this! I'm thrilled about an early start to the camping season. Hope the weather muses will be on our side although a chilly evening won't scare us away.
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #17

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
We just signed up, hope this goes thru. We are very interested in joining u in May, depending on work.
Thelma & John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #18

Quote:
We just signed up, hope this goes thru. We are very interested in joining u in May, depending on work.
Welcome guys, we'd love to have you join us! Check back within the week for all the finalized details, we look forward to seeing your Trill!

Darren.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:04 PM   #19

*** MAY WEEKEND DETAILS FOLLOW ***

Folks, thanks for your interest and your patience - we have ourselves a date AND a location for a Alberta 'Meet for Keeners', here we go ...

Consensus was for the weekend of May 5/6 because the following one is Mothers Day and the one after that is the Long Weekend .. and then we're into June .. and, hey, that's just TOOOOO FAR AWAY!

Taking on board various people's feedback, we've settled on a location between Calgary & Edmonton, away from the Mountains (for warmer nights). Based on this, the location will be Spruce Bay Resort campground in Pine Lake, just outside of Red Deer, Alberta.

Personally, Andrea and I will be doing two nights - the Friday and the Saturday (May 4 & 5) - some may prefer to do just the one. It's up to you. But we will find interesting and fun things to do on the Friday to get as many there for two nights as we can

There WILL be electric hookups available for those that want it. Water hookups *** SHOULD *** be available, depending on the weather, but are NOT guaranteed. Regardless there will be some kind of water supply even if hookups are not ready.

Space is definately limited
- you guys have been very responsive to this impromptu meet (we appreciate it! thank you) and, due to the size of the campsite and the long-term trailers checking in around this time, we have 30-35 spaces available only. Judging by how many people have expressed interest, we MIGHT be a little short.

The cost is 23.54 taxes in for an unserviced lot and 29.96 taxes in for a water/power service. It is ok to put two trailers on a single lot, but not all have two hook-ups. I suggest one trailer requiring service teams up with one that is self-contained to save on space and cost.

TO REGISTER:
If you are considering joining the fibreglass community for this weekend to meet other enthusiasts and share your passion for these awesome 'lil trailers, please email me and I'll keep track of who is 'interested' and who is 'confirmed'.

DEADLINE TO REGISTER:
I have to let the campground know within 2 weeks approximately how many trailers are coming and need to commit final numbers at the beginning of April. So, if you are thinking about this please act quickly!

HOW TO REGISTER:
For now, please just email me : allthepies[a/t]yahoo.com - replace [a/t] with @ to get my email address. If you can't figure out my email from this 'puzzle', post your email address here and I'll get in touch with you.

Soon we will figure out what we are going to do this weekend - mostly, it will be very, very laid back and casual, but it might be an idea to have a bar-b-que or pot luck. Perhaps some people have advice and/or tips or renovation presentations they'd like to facilitate?

Thanks for everyone's interest in this event. As facilitators, Andrea and I are going for two nights for sure of course and we encourage as many of you to come as possible - without support from the community, events like this would just disappear - they depend on folks like you to take place

We look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Darren & Andrea.

PS: When emailing me to register as 'firm' or 'interested', please send me a pic of your trailer. I'll be posting an 'attendees' page some place on the Internet so everyone can see who is coming
Old 02-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #20

WOW! What a great response!

I posted the details of the Alberta 'Meet for Keeners' on Tuesday night - so far we have 12 confirmed spots and 2 'interesteds' - that's just great folks, so thanks for all your support! Since there are only about 30 main spots available, that's over 40% booked (including 'interesteds') already

From this point forward I'll be sending most updates by email, but I wanted to post this message here so that anyone thinking about joining knows that we have a decent number of trailers already coming.

If you are thinking about attending - or inviting others that might be interested - I encourage you to do it quickly, as I'm confident that we will be booked up within the next few days.

Soon I'll post a list and pictures of those that are attending and I'll be setting up PayPal to collect the campsite fees. I'll send an email when this is done.

Looking forward to seeing you all - and your trailers - and thanks again for supporting this meet!

Darren & Andrea

Tags
boler