Cambria, CA Rally - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #141

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Greg and Fred,
Thanks for the picturesque views of and from your camp! Looks like Saturday was a winner! But it seems as if Sunday was quite a bit different.
We pray everyone had a safe, if adventuresome journey home. Thats how we become "seasoned" travel veterans. Enjoy the memories that were created.
One thing about "armchair" travelling, it's a lot less tiring when one doesn't have to contend with the elements. We do miss the camaraderie and the opportunity to meet everyone, though.
We appreciate the "blow-by-blow" accounts of the rally,
Kurt & Ann K.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #142

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
I want to thank Lori and Mike Sanders for all the work they did to set this Rally up. EVERYONE I talked to at the Rally loved it and would love to do it again. I would have loved to stay rain and all if it wasn't for the trailer problems I was having. Having a dinner cooked for all was a real treat and the fire was one of a kind. Also the free wood was a real plus. We were tossing at least a $5 bundle of wood on that monster fire every half hour or so. Again I want to say we couldn't have had a nicer trip. The people who came were all so lay back and yet there was a steady stream of people to chat with through out the day. We loved looking at the trailers and talking about the new modifications. Thanks to all, and again thanks to Ron for the help with my tire, Ken and Chris Hildner, 1979 Fiber Stream

Old 05-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #143

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
What a nice weekend and great place to camp. This being my first fiberglass meet I was amazed at alll the wonderful trailers and the mods that make these little traillers so special. Thanks so much Mike and Lori for for all your hard work to put this meet together. I met some great people and had a good time.
A quick tip to fellow Fiber Stream owners. If you are going to tow in the rain, not only should you close the stone guard on the front window but you should also close the inside window. Failure to close the inside window will allow a considerable amount of water to enter the trailler. You are probably wondering how I know this. Oh well, just remove the cushions, hang them up to dry, mop and dry the floor, run the heater all night, remove all beding and pleace in dryer and try to remember not to do that again. I realy I thought I checked that window. No harm done and lesson learned.
That being said, thanks all for a great weekend and hope everyong had a safe trip.

Ron & Sandy
Old 05-22-2006, 11:59 AM   #144

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
WOW, what can I say, the pictures posted are great, the rally was great. Even the rain (a little water never hurt anyone) didn't put a damper on the atmosphere. It was one of the best! Thanks to all who made it such a nice gathering. Thanks again, Lori & Mike.

Jeanne
Old 05-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #145
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Gee, too bad nobody had any fun...
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 PM   #146

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Lori and I had a great time getting to see everyone again. We just got home and had a quick bite to eat. Lori is off to work and the cat is glad we are home.

We had a beautiful Saturday. The weather was perfect. I got some great sunset photos.

Sunday morning, the storm announced itself with wind about 3 AM. There were quite a few people up checking their awnings and making sure everything was batten down.

It rained all day Sunday. Now you would think in small trailers that could be a problem, but no, it was terrific. We all went down to the lodge, which we had reserved, and had a big-o fire in the fire place. There were several groups of people playing board games and several warming by the fire chatting and eating snacks. The camp provided unlimited coffee, reg & decaf, and hot coco.

We discovered why the camp is looking for someone to donate a new roof.

This morning we woke up to another beautiful day. In California we like the rain. We get so little it is really a blessing when it comes. The hills are green and the sun is out. It is a good day.

Several of the dye hards are on their way to Morro Bay State Park for continued camping. It should be very good there. That camp was just recently totally re-done.

I’ll unpack and find my camera to post some photos.

We were asked by many to see if we can get this camp again next year. So I guess it is on our to do list. We are the only RVers they allow.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #147

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
I am adding this post here as the other two fiber stream owners Ron and Fredrick will probably see it and I need some advice on new tires. I don't want to have to leave early from a rally again due to the tire problem I had.

Hi I have a 1979 Fiber Stream and I want to get new tires for it. It has tandem wheels even though it is a light weight fiber glass trailer. Some tire stores say I NEED "trailer tires" for $300 out the door and some places say I can use car tires for $200 out the door. I don't mind paying the extra for trailer tires but don't want to have tires on the little trailer that are really made to fit on larger tandem wheel stick trailers. The size is 155/12 which is really small and really cheep in just steel belted radials. What does everyone think I should do? Ken
Old 05-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #148

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We'll add our thanx for a great account (with super pitchurs!) of your wonderful weekend. Last year's Cambria rally was our very 1st FGRV event and it was terrific. For those of us who were unable to attend this year, the vicarious experiences are appreciated!! Wow, now we are REALLY counting the days 'til we head for the Oregon Gathering! Thanx again, and hope to see everyone at Bandon!
Regards, L 'n D
Old 05-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #149

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, Ken - glad you had a great weekend & a safe arrival at home.

Re: tires - there have been some good threads on this subject. I seem to remember reading that trailer tires are subjected to much different stresses than tires on the tug, and are constructed accordingly ... something about sidewalls, etc. Just thought I'd pass that on for what it's worth - perhaps others will chime in. LdB
Old 05-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #150

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
We made it home safely too! The Boler and Jeep performed very well on their first outing.

Thank you Lori and Mike for putting together this great outing. What a lovely setting with fun things to do locally. We vote for a fall outing next year (sneeze, sneeze!), or we will have to find some stronger allergy meds before we come!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #151

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Except for the Texas faction (Who weren't going home anyway) I think I am the last to get back to my driveway. I took a liesurely trip out the 46, across all the pretty rolling green hills, dropped into the the valley and went up to Tehachapi. Had a clever lunch in a gift shop there, then continued on across the desert and back up the hill. A 6 hour trip, but well worth it!

Stopped along the way to pick up a truck driver in distress that was at least 30 miles from ANYTHING. 1/2 way between Paso Robles and Lost hills! He was grateful and hopefully, his truck is back running again so he can get home to his family.

Thanks again to Mike and Lori! Great place and good company! With all the coastal rain, it felt like "home" to me, a dyed in the wool Oregonian.

Can't wait to see Mikes pictures.

Thanks again to Ron and company for finding my webbed chairs for me! My back side was VERY happy and they now have a permanent place in the rig!

Everyone needs to give Liz kudos for the great tranformation of her Boler. I have never seen such a rising from the ashes of near death to triumph into the cute and clever little slick rig she made!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #152

Gina,

There are three or four couples still on the road.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #153

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
I think I followed em out!

Who was staying on the road? I ferget.. I am old.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #154

There are 6 Roadies: Nick & Marlene, Jim & Carol, Wes & Maggi, Ted & Priscilla, Luo & Lora, and John & Nancy as far as I know.