Cambria, CA Rally - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #155

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Well Mike,
We still haven't been able to meet face-to-face because we didn't make it to Cambria, again.
We may make it up your way sometime in July, but we've just about given up trying to plan anything. Each day appears to be bringing it's own collection of triumphs or tribulations and neither seems to get us much closer to our "summer on the road". The only tangible evidence is Ann's retirement date the end of this month. I've not even been able to get "Nuestra Casita" ready for travel since she was winterized last fall. Is "summerized" the opposite of winterized? And we've even been sleeping in her all winter!
From all reports, it sounds as if you and Lori organized a rally which was a wonderful success. The weather even provided a little "comic" relief just to keep the occasion from becoming "hum-drum". We've enjoyed the pictures and are anticipating the ones of yours.
Thanks from us also, otherwise we'd not have been able to vicariously enjoy the rally.!

Maybe next year,
Kurt & Ann K.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #156

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
I am trying to get caught up. Also, I have to give a lecture at 7 am tomorrow. Too many things going on right now.

Anyway, Iíll get to the photos ASAP.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #157

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
We had a good time too and it was fun seeing everybody again and also meeting some newbies. (Thane is a brave young man!) Thanks to Lori and Mike for putting the gathering together and also to the the "Road Inspectors" (you know who you are!) for making us safe before we hit the road. I was a bit out of sync on the road prep, but you guys covered me well! Gina - IOU a hitch pin!

Chris
Old 05-23-2006, 11:46 PM   #158

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We had a fun time at Cambria, as usual ... Saturday was a good day for outside, but the constant rain day on Sunday just made us gather together inside the building for more fun. Sequence and dominoes were great games for the fun crowd - the toasty warm fire was delightful and the food and chatting were great.... Who knew what fun a group could have on a shut in day...

We were in the group that headed on out to Morro Bay campground on Monday .. We arrived (6 trailers) about 10:00 (give or take).... the day was absolutely beautiful.. the bluest of skies, no clouds and warm... just delightful. It was a relaxing day for us ...... Jim and I and John and Nanci went into the town.. enjoyed shopping, and ice cream.

Monday night the group had hot dogs for dinner with salads, chips etc... and then more ice cream and cookies.

Nanci and John left Tuesday morning early to head home (40 minute drive) .... and Nick and Marlene (Fort Worth, Texas) left with Maggi and Wes to their home in MiWuk ... more camping , probably.

That left Lou and Lora, Ted and Priscilla and Jim and I to enjoy the day until 4:00 when we left for home.. We spent time at the museum which is at the campground and it was the best... We ended the day eating at the Cafe - Fish and Chips ... Lou and Lora are still there.... until Wednesday morning.

Jim and I arrived home at 8:30 tonight (Tuesday) and No Traffic ... 4 1/2 hours all the way home... It was a wonderful week .. Thanks Mike and Lori....
Old 05-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #159

Name: Thane
Trailer: Escape
Thanks for putting this together, it was great fun. We are looking forward to our next Cambria trip.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #160

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Casita Liberty
Send a message via AIM to Maggi Rudy
Help
Marlene and I are being held captive by Maggi and Wes. I managed to sneak this message out while they are not watching.

Marlene and Nick
Old 05-27-2006, 06:34 PM   #161

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Just stand by, Nick, I'll throw down my lox.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 AM   #162

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Casita Liberty
Send a message via AIM to Maggi Rudy
Hey Morgan, this is Maggi, We haven't unchained Nick and Marlene yet, we are afraid they will bolt from here when we do! Weather has been oh so cold, in the 30's last night. That is what happens in the Sierra's in the summer at times. But it is somewhat warmer in the day time.

We plan on meeting you one day. Until then,...................................

Maggi and Wes Rudy
Old 05-28-2006, 01:59 AM   #163

Quote:
Hey Morgan, this is Maggi, We haven't unchained Nick and Marlene yet, we are afraid they will bolt from here when we do! Weather has been oh so cold, in the 30's last night. That is what happens in the Sierra's in the summer at times. But it is somewhat warmer in the day time.

We plan on meeting you one day. Until then,...................................

Maggi and Wes Rudy
Hi Maggi (and hi to Wes). We'll have to meet one day in warmer climes, maybe Indio.

When you unchain Nick and Marlene send them over here to warm up. It's running in the 60s at night.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #164

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
We are home now. arrived yesterday pm.

Stopped by the Twistleman Ranch (sound familiar, Lori) near Cholame to survey the pig hunting situation.

btw: Cholame is the place where James Dean bought the farm in Sept, 1955. There is a monument to him at the Jack Ranch Cafe there.

Bob Kessler, a decendant of the famous whiskey making family, is a patrolman on the ranch (14,000+ acres). We had fun visiting and he gave me a tour (for two + days). showing me where to hunt and so forth.

Lora spotted a group of pigs on the way out. 11 little ones and what appeared to be big sow.

Thanks again, Lori and Mike for a great job and a unique location. (notice who comes first)
we are waiting for word from the crew at Mi-Wuk.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:26 PM   #165

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
Thanks again, Lori and Mike for a great job and a unique location. (notice who comes first)
we are waiting for word from the crew at Mi-Wuk.
Obviously.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #166

Nick and Marlene left yesterday for Morgan's. Maggie and Wes ( with Maggie's Brother, Ken) left today for Mi-Wuk.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:52 AM   #167

Nick and Marlene arrived here at LLR yesterday afternoon.

I had pumped some MGD full of cold in anticipation of their arrival.

They brought some rain with them. Maybe it'll help control the forest fires.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:42 AM   #168

Quote:
Nick and Marlene arrived here at LLR yesterday afternoon.

I had pumped some MGD full of cold in anticipation of their arrival.

They brought some rain with them. Maybe it'll help control the forest fires.
JC did Nick develop wings on that rig? they must have taken a very short rest stop.