AB Classic Car & Camper Cruise to Chicken Alaska - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
RXN

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Classic Car & Camper Cruise to Chicken Alaska

For anyone that is interested in this,

I've also posted in the Events Calendar on here. From what I've heard its a great trip however mine will be a rushed condensed version. More driving, less sight seeing. That damn work thing gets in the way.

We are going to try something a little different here. and see how it turns out.
This isn't just for Fiberglass Campers, nor is it just for Classic Cars. I am combining my two summer hobbies and making this open for everyone. And by that : Classic camper Classic tow vehicle. Classic camper modern tow vehicle. Classic tow vehicle modern camper, Modern camper Modern tow vehicle. Classic Vehicle no camper or modern tow vehicle an no camper. Its open for everyone.

People can join in and pull out along anywheres on the route. if you can get more time off and want to stay longer, thats up to you. If you are limited on time and can only do part of it, again, thats entierly up to you. There is no registration.

The plan is to meet up and start in Beaver Lodge Alberta.
1st night will be spent at Liard Hot Springs. Bring your bathing suit.
Now every stop has lodging near the campgrounds, this allows people with out trailers to attend and be part of the group.
2nd night, will be in Whitehorse, Yukon. At Tahkini Hot Springs. We will also have a break in Watson Lake at the Sign Post Forest on the way up. Please bring along a home made sign to mount.
3rd Night will be in Dawson Yukon. I dare you to do the sour toe shooter, yes its a real shooter with an actual severed human tow in it. You can drink it fast, you can drink it slow. the only rule, your lips must touch the toe.
4th night will be spent in Chicken Alaska. {Warning, approx 50 miles of gravel}. And I will wear the chicken suit.
5th night will be in Haines Junction.
6th & 7th nights will be in Skagway. As there is lots to see and do in Skagway, we will spend a full extra day there. Remember to book your ferry ride from Haines ahead of time.
8th night will be back in Watson Lake Yukon
9th night will be at Bucking Horse River BC.

From there its back home to Edmonton for us and home to where ever for everyone else.

Thats it in a nut shell, lots of driving, 8 to 10 hours on the road each day. quick over nighters, then gone again. This is a long distance and really should be done in a month, but seeing I'm lucky enough to get two weeks off together we are pushing it into a 10 day venture. Please feel free to join us.

For more info Contact Ryan at 58rocket88@gmail.com or Cheryl at blossom333@gmail.com or call us at 1-780-942-3239

I will be more then happy to forward a PDF copy of the cruise flyer. it has the names and phone numbers of the campgrounds/hotels/motels & ferries.

Also I do collect donations for the Canadian Daibetes Foundation, if people are interested in donating.

thank you
- Ryan Rexin
RXN Classic Rides
RXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
RXN

Alberta
Getting closer, only 5 months away.
Attached Thumbnails
chicken teaser jpeg.jpg  
Old 06-10-2015, 03:25 PM   #3

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
It is 300km or more between gas stations along the northern highways , many stops on travel guides are no longer in operation . Extra gas may be a need for some of the older gas guzzlers ,but the trip is wonderful.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
RXN

Alberta
Hi Bob, Yeah, my wife and I went back in 2011, different truck and trailer. we didn't make it north of Whitehorse. but yeah gas stations are few and far between, i get 8mpg towing, with an 80lt tank. so i'll be packing jerry cans. looking forward to it, wish i had more time to have made it a longer trip. damn that working for a living thing.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:03 AM   #5

Name: Sam
British Columbia
Registry
What are the dates of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #6
RXN

Alberta
August 17th, leaving Beaver Lodge Alberta. August 27th returning back into Edmonton. People can join in or pull out at any point along the way.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #7

Name: Sam
British Columbia
Registry
I'll be home from my Alaska roadtrip by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
RXN

Alberta
cool, hope you have a good one.

Well, we are all booked,
1st night = Liard Lodge - Liard Hot Springs
2nd night = Takhini campground - Whitehorse
3rd night = Gold rush campground - Dawson
4th night = Chicken Creek RV Park - Chicken
5th night = Fas Gas - Haines Junction
6th/7th night = some field in Skagway. (free camping, as camp grounds are all booked up).
8th night = Watson lake camp ground - Watson Lake
9th night = Bucking horse River
Old 06-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #9

Manitoba
A conversation that I just had with a friend made me remember that, when you are travelling north in fire season, there may be days when the road is closed and you are not allowed to progress. If that happens, stop and enjoy the day!!
Old 06-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #10
RXN

Alberta
I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but with only a few roads, it is what it is, and like you said Bob, stop and enjoy the day. :-)
Old 07-26-2015, 07:34 AM   #11

Trailer: 73 Boler and 78 Biggar
Sounds like it would be a blast !
John J. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #12
RXN

Alberta
cancelled

For the past 5 years my wife and I worked on making this trip fit into a 10 day window.
We dumped a bunch of parts time and money into our 1965 Chev tow vehicle. We made flyers and advertised trying to encourage others to join. Even made a sign for the sign post forest.

So cancelling this did not come lightly. Family will always be 1st.

Last week I found out my Grandma has pancreas cancer. This is a quick killer. Not sure what she has left. So instead of Chicken. We will be going to BC to spend one last summer with Grams.

Chicken will have to wait.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #13

Manitoba
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma and will be thinking of you all. You have made the choice filled with blessings. Your time spent together will be very special.
And you can keep the signpost for another year.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #14
RXN

Alberta
Thanks Bob,