East Coast Fall Scramble? Any interest? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #1

Trailer: 1972 MKP Grandesse T (made in Denmark)
Hello everyone!
Well, there was a lot of talk about trying for a Fall get-together at our May rally in Front Royal, VA. It was so much fun I can't wait to next year's rally!!

Just sending out a feeler to see if there might be interest in it? I'm thinking the same campground (Country Waye) since it was so beautiful and clean and offers an almost 360 degree view of mountains and trees that could be really colorful around then. If someone has a different campground to suggest, that could work too.

I've thrown out a couple of weekend dates that would work for us (Oct 5-7 or 26-28), but open to other suggestions....

Any thoughts/interest???
Denise K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Hi D
October would work better for me, last week in September is Moose River Booondocking
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Hi Denise!

I agree with Al V., the end of October would be better for Al and I too! I'm sure my Al will be up for it!! Hopefully the 'ol gang will be able to get together again!! What a blast we had!! It gives us all plenty of time of get the girls polished up!!
And, you are absolutelty right, Country Waye is GORGEOUS!!! and CLEAN!! We realized how spoiled we were the next weekend when we camped someplace else where the bathrooms weren't nearly as nice!!

Donna
Al & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #4

Why don't we aim for the weekend of Oct 26-28?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Burro
End of Oct sounds good to me. Sam and I will be there.
Mel
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:28 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Hi Gang

While we would love a reunion, we are unable to fit one in this fall. If it flys, post lots of pictures and we will live it vicariously.

D & D
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #7

Has anyone contacted the campground yet? is there an area we want to request?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Has anyone contacted the campground yet? is there an area we want to request?
I haven't, but would be happy to do so... Same area? or different spots preferred? Date Oct 26-18 OK?
Just let me know, and I'll give her a call, then we can make reservations like before.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Date Oct 26-18 OK?.

Oct 26 through Nov 18??? Sound fun But a liitle far to commute to work.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #10

OOPS!!!
Sorry about that!!

I meant: October 26-28!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #11

bumping up and makeing sure there is still interest. I am planing out my weekends.
Mel
Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #12

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Tundra TRD
Quote:
Why don't we aim for the weekend of Oct 26-28?
hey to all at east coast rally Pat & I will be up in NJ to see kids at that time may be able to streach a few more days and hit the gathering on the way back to SC ,would be great to see every one again and see how we spent the summer..Don`t want to hear about WORK only weekends and vacations and glass upgrades and such, will keep eye on site for details.........
kerberdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #13

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
Hi all, Will try to make the Oct. meet. Had good time before and would be nice to see everyone again B&S
Bill Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #14

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
The fall get together sounds like a lot of fun. As far as I know Bill and I will be there. Let us know about the eats, etc. After all that's what we all go for that and the good time together. Looking forward to it. We got a new model egg since then, a 2005 Spirit Deluxe. We really like it. I will try to locate the coffeepot for you, Don if you didn't already buy one.
Dorothy Reihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #15

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Tundra TRD
Quote:
The fall get together sounds like a lot of fun. As far as I know Bill and I will be there. Let us know about the eats, etc. After all that's what we all go for that and the good time together. Looking forward to it. We got a new model egg since then, a 2005 Spirit Deluxe. We really like it. I will try to locate the coffeepot for you, Don if you didn't already buy one.
thank`s Dorothy,for the thought but i did get a pot at local fleeeee mart,.We still are working on dates for oct.know we will be in ny /nj in middle of oct,just dont know dates for return yet will sure try to make the numbers work would be a great stop over.Did youall sell the 16 yet? when i talked to bill you had both, sounds like our tail in may, sitting with 2 17`s for a few days. we will keep in touch and a eye on egg basket(MLFR) Don& pat
kerberdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #16

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hi
Im new here but I think I may be able to make the late October get together. With my Wife of course. We are from Harrisburg Pa area and have a Scamp 13. Just bought a Honda Element to tow with so this would be a great test trip after Element is broken in good.
What should I do ahead of time as far as reservations etc?
Eric Hughes Mechanicsburg Pa (the 17055 mechanicsburg)

Quote:
Hello everyone!
Well, there was a lot of talk about trying for a Fall get-together at our May rally in Front Royal, VA. It was so much fun I can't wait to next year's rally!!

Just sending out a feeler to see if there might be interest in it? I'm thinking the same campground (Country Waye) since it was so beautiful and clean and offers an almost 360 degree view of mountains and trees that could be really colorful around then. If someone has a different campground to suggest, that could work too.

I've thrown out a couple of weekend dates that would work for us (Oct 5-7 or 26-28), but open to other suggestions....

Any thoughts/interest???
eric hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #17

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I'm thinking the same campground (Country Waye) since it was so beautiful and clean and offers an almost 360 degree view of mountains and trees that could be really colorful around then. If someone has a different campground to suggest, that could work too.

CountryWaye ADVERTISES that they have wifi, but they don't. They have a tiny satelite dish and smaller antenae which you can sometimes get some signal from if you take a lawn chair and sit next to the mens toilet. The download speed is so bad you would be better off sending smoke signals. I speak from experiance.

There is a lovely little KAO in Verona/Staunton off rt81. It's a bit further down the road, but it has a clean, pretty creek running thru it, that you can tube on and an honest to goodness waterfall (very rare in Virginia). It also has decent wifi (for those of us who must work or have email addictions) and a nice pool. It has no dramatic scenary to speak of, but it's surrounded by trees and has a lovely quiet feeling to it.

I particularly like this KAO because it's about 30 minutes from a Walmart and Circuit City, about 30 min. from Skyline drive, about 30 mins from historic New Market, and about 30 mins from some of the most beautiful countryside in the Shenandoa Valley. Plus, it has tame bunnies.

FWIW.

Disclaimer: I don't have an egg yet....still shopping. But, I do camp a LOT in VA.
Laura K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #18

Just want to bring this up and see if this is really going to happen.
Has everyone made their reservations?
I think we all enjoyed CountryWaye Campground, the scenery was superb, and the bathrooms sparkled.
Personally, the WIFI issue is no biggie, we use an air card and had no problem with staying connected.

Thank you Laura for suggesting the KOA, though. Will you be joining us too? It would be great to meet you!!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #19

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I think we all enjoyed CountryWaye Campground, the scenery was superb, and the bathrooms sparkled.
Personally, the WIFI issue is no biggie, we use an air card and had no problem with staying connected.

Thank you Laura for suggesting the KOA, though. Will you be joining us too? It would be great to meet you!!
I will certainly come by on the weekend! I don't have an egg yet, so probably won't stay overnight.....unless you don't mind having a tent in your midst? I would love to admire all your eggs, and inspire as much envy in my SO as possible.

Sadly, the wifi is a big issue for me. I have one of those funny IT jobs. It doesn't matter where I am so long as I'm a good watchdog and wear my electronic leash at all times. I can't make do with a dial-up speeds either. The machinery only runs on high test.

Thanks for inviting me!
Laura K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #20

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Being new here I was wondering ...do I make my own reservations or do I let someone here know and they get a block area of camp spaces.? If I make my own do I say Im with any certain group or anything? I have been involved in groups that do this sort of thing in many different ways. So just wondering.
Thanks
eric

Quote:

eric hughes is offline   Reply With Quote