East coast Rally??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Burro
I am in awe of the fact that people are making reservations for the Oregon rally 9 months in advance. Reading through last years post it sounds like a blast. Will there be anything similar to this on the east coast. I just can’t make 3000-mile trip this year
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Don't know about anything in the east.
The reason it necessary to get reservations very very early is the spot is on the Oregon Coast, the time is in the Summer. Oregon beaches are all public property so the desire for people to go the beach is great and the summer is tourist time. A very large percentage of cars and RVs you see in that area in the summer are NOT from Oregon. The coast people love it because of the $$$. The inland folks dispise it because we can't play on OUR beaches, the beaches that all Oregon residents own.

If there's nothing like going on like this is east, you can always start it.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
How bout the X Rock Crusher, it happens every year but this year in a different place and the last weekend in March with Apr 1st the last day. We average about 75 trailers at each event, wife and I have been to all of them and last years was a beaut. We attended the Oregon gathering this year and had a wonderful time, Nancy and her crew do a great job of organizing it.

Our crew was every bit equal to the task of organizing ours and its a lot of fun. Come on down and join us.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
well there is Emily every July.
best way to get a group together is post it and they will come.
oh sure some will complain about the date or the place or the phase of the moon.
but those who show up are interested in meeting new folks and seeing new places.
Now if someone would post a Halloween party at Bolar Mt in Va it might be fun to see who shows up
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
I am in awe of the fact that people are making reservations for the Oregon rally 9 months in advance. Reading through last years post it sounds like a blast. Will there be anything similar to this on the east coast. I just can’t make 3000-mile trip this year
The Oregon Gathering started with just a few trailers the first year Nancy put it on. Every year it becomes more & more popular.

It fits for us to travel the distance because it follows my Dad’s birthday. We go see my Dad, who will be 92 yrs next year, and then stop, the following week, for the Gathering.

Lori & I organize a Rally in the Spring for those that can make it to the California Central Coast. This year we will probably be holding it at San Antonio Lake. Last weekend we met some folks at the RV.net rally there at SAL (San Antonio Lake) as they call it.

Check with a couple of other folks you know and pick a place and time and post it here on FiberglassRV.com in the Rallies section. We will make a NEW forum if you like to support you & your Rally.

Good Luck
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:12 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Quote:
How bout the X Rock Crusher, it happens every year but this year in a different place and the last weekend in March with Apr 1st the last day.
Hi Bill,

That timing sounds great. By the end of March we are usually ready to go meet Spring on its way north. Has the "different place" this year (2007?) been settled yet?

Please keep us posted (an obsolete term, wot?) -- keep us advised; alerted; bulletin-boarded?

Des & Diane
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Al is right. If you plan it they will come. There are a lot of wonderful areas in the Va, NC, Tenn area that would be beautiful in the spring.

Where in SW Virginia are you? Mount Rogers is great, the Virginia Creeper Trail is fun - I could go on and on.

If you start talking about it you can probably make it happen. We would love to do something in the spring.

Kathy and Doug
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Quote:
Al is right. If you plan it they will come. There are a lot of wonderful areas in the Va, NC, Tenn area that would be beautiful in the spring.

Where in SW Virginia are you? Mount Rogers is great, the Virginia Creeper Trail is fun - I could go on and on.

If you start talking about it you can probably make it happen. We would love to do something in the spring.

Kathy and Doug
Spring??? How about one in Florida now? I already have cabin fever and want to go camping.

Kathy & Doug, I know it is the busy season down your way, but I know I would come on down and I am sure some more folks would to escape the cold.

I have enjoyed you web site (really sat and dreamed) and if anyone could find a spot for a few of us to gather, it would be you!

Please, please.......
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #9

well i know of this little city park in s@#%t fl lol nothing there but a field and electrical boxes and a central shower and bath house. lots of nice city parks and not so nice ones. Ps i was joking about Bolar Mt when i posted bfore but i think i might just head on out there for halloween as it is a nice time of year still for camping .

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/warmsprings/re..._rec_area.shtml
Old 10-16-2006, 05:04 PM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Burro
We might just pull this off. I am near Lynchburg Va and can scout some of the campgrounds. What do people need for a rally. I gather we need sites with eletric and water hook-ups. Should there be sewer hook-ups or will dump stations be enough? The camp gound should allow dogs, What else should be looked for? How many sites do you think we will need?
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:31 AM   #11

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
OK Folks, here is the official announcement.

Kathy and Doug are leaving Florida. We are moving to Johnson City, TN in early November. I am starting a job on 13 November, Doug will move up as soon as he sells our house in Miami. (anyone interested?)

At some point we will try to make a Florida winter campout.

Taylor, there are many great campgrounds in SW Virginia and NE Tennessee. I think you are correct that the main considerations are water and electricity. Also access to restrooms. One additional item that is nice is a meeting or congregating area. Some campgrounds have fields or shelters you can use for pot-luck dinners and such. Some private parks will give a group rate if you get enough people.

The Virginia state parks such as Grayson Highlands, Hungry Mother and Fairy Stone are nice. Al V. is familiar with several others in Virginia. Al is great with a pot-luck dinner so be sure he can come.

If you put out a couple of suggested dates, that will get the interest sparked. I know there is a significant group from the Va, Tenn, NC and Georgia area that might be able to make it.

Kathy
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #12

congrats on the new job kathy! thanks for the pot luck kudos. DO lasagna is really turning out great. Taylor i think you will get more of a turn out if the place has electric and hot showrs. Lifts arms nope not for me lol i just rolled over in the kayak last month
Rainy day shelters are a all so a must i think that is one of murphys laws if you dont have shelter it is going to rain.
first monday in May is the 7 th and Memorial day is on the 28th. Spring Mill Indiana is growing might be fun to go from one rally to another one. Are the Dates out yet ?Karen bill steve mike?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
Hi Bill,

That timing sounds great. By the end of March we are usually ready to go meet Spring on its way north. Has the "different place" this year (2007?) been settled yet?

Please keep us posted (an obsolete term, wot?) -- keep us advised; alerted; bulletin-boarded?

Des & Diane
http://www.oldemillstreamrv.com/
the florida rally is on march 30 to april first and is at the above location
steve w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:42 PM   #14

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Hi Steve. We will be in the vicinity at the end of March. What's the deal with "non-Casitas"? Are avocado Trills allowed in the sea of white rigs? Does OMS have a policy of "newer" rigs only? Who do we contact? The park looks fantastic! and the facilities look very clean.
Cheers...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #15

there where 3 Trilliums at the First Rock crusher all where yellow i guess a green one would be ok
Old 10-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #16

Quote:
there where 3 Trilliums at the First Rock crusher all where yellow i guess a green one would be ok
only 44 rally sites? seems pretty small
Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #17

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
only 44 rally sites? seems pretty small

Al' these sites are big enough and our trailers small enough they said we can double up so that makes 88 and cozy
Old 10-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #18

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
At the Florida March (X Rock Crusher) get together last year there were bigfeet and scamps, previous year bigfeet and boler. We'll be back again this year if I can get off the witches brew injections in time!!

And as Al said, there's always Emily, on the North side of Lake Ontario first week in July every year. Kathy & Doug, Des & Di, Alistair & Inge, Al & Mac don't know anything about this secret!!!
Attached Thumbnails
DK2.jpg   AI.jpg  

Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #19

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Howdy Charlie...good to hear from you Hope you are able to "fly south" this winter.
Nice pix! I think I recognize the little avocado flag be-decked number It will be headin'south mid January again. Old Mill Stream Rally looks like a go for Inge and me. Still don't have a contact person to register with ( or do we just show up? ). Anyway-good hearing from you and hope you can get off that "brew" in time for the rally. We'll keep the good thoughts for ya'...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #20

Trailer: 1972 MKP Grandesse T (made in Denmark)
Quote:
We might just pull this off. I am near Lynchburg Va and can scout some of the campgrounds. What do people need for a rally. I gather we need sites with eletric and water hook-ups. Should there be sewer hook-ups or will dump stations be enough? The camp gound should allow dogs, What else should be looked for? How many sites do you think we will need?
Hi! I'd be interested in hearing more about what you come up with. It's about time an East coast Rally was organized!
I'm not too far away from Lynchburg, and I've heard of a couple nice campgrounds in Virginia. There is one in/near Luray, Va that is supposed to be great.
As far as I understand it, all that is needed is a place and a date. (Elec/water of course, and some folks like shower facilities in case their FGRV doesn't)
Count me in, hope I can work it into my schedule whenever you set a date!
Denise K is offline   Reply With Quote