East Coast Rally! IT'S HAPPENING! - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #61

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Al and I are planning on leaving Thurs am. So, if all goes as planned, (you can stop laughing now) we should be there around 2. I think we have everything done on the camper that HAS to be done, but of course, this is our 1st real trip, so, it's going to be an adventure!! Campfire is a good idea, got the marshmallows yesterday!
Al & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:48 AM   #62

Trailer: 1972 MKP Grandesse T (made in Denmark)
The electricity works!! YAY!
I know what you all mean! It took forever for me to get on this and get it done. Now that the day is almost here, I've been pushing to finish, so I'm glad I'll have electric at least!!
Of course, I did this all backwards....when I got the rolypoly I took care of all the fru-fru decorator upholstery stuff .... after all, wiring is no fun!
LOL...now to test the water lines

It's beginning to sound like my kind of weekend...marshmallows, wine, relaxation.....

We're planning on getting there around noonish on Friday...see you all then!!
Denise K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #63

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
Hi All, Bout got the Gypsy ready for the trip. A lot to do trying to gather everything you think you may need knowing darn well you will forget something inportant. See ya'll about 11 am on Fri. Drive carefully and remember " There's a trailer back there" Bill And Sylvia
Bill Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #64

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 2002 Tundra TRD
Talking

Quote:
Hi All, Bout got the Gypsy ready for the trip. A lot to do trying to gather everything you think you may need knowing darn well you will forget something inportant. See ya'll about 11 am on Fri. Drive carefully and remember " There's a trailer back there" Bill And Sylvia
Don& Pat K say hey: We too are busy packing stufffff and last minute check`s like bill said there s a rig back there, so be everyone be careful and have a good trip, see you all some time fridayOH!! buy the Way our 96 Casita 17 sd is for sale>>>Just bought a 2002 ,17 sd pick up next week.....C U SOON D&P.....
kerberdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #65

Quote:
Don& Pat K say hey: We too are busy packing stufffff and last minute check`s like bill said there s a rig back there, so be everyone be careful and have a good trip, see you all some time fridayOH!! buy the Way our 96 Casita 17 sd is for sale>>>Just bought a 2002 ,17 sd pick up next week.....C U SOON D&P.....
Well we just got home,What a weekend::::Pats still unpacking << I just had to jump in here and say WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAD::::::Thanks to everyone for a great time it was wounderful to meet such a great bunch of folks , Of course the food,food,food was outstanding as was the entertainment BILL, DES & SYLVIA... the camp fire`s ,tours and chat`s ,of mods and Al & Donna`s U Hall restoration(what a paint job) ,A burro with a dog just as Big,AKA taylor, and the Hollywood class of fiberglass,Denise & Alek`s 72 MKP, and of course the GYPSY, loaded like santa`s sleigh We can`t forget our northern pal`s Des & Diane`s Boler(they never stop to long at home I guess..) Thank`s to our flea market friend and Bill who are still on the road to BAMMA. ... We think the EAST COAST RALLY was great hope to see all next year or sooner;;;;;DON PAT & Wiggles........
Old 05-22-2007, 06:14 AM   #66

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!
Don, you said it all! Al and I had a great time too, glad to see you and Pat made it home safely. I'm sure we all will have safe trips, either continuing on, or returning home.

What a wonderful weekend to establish new friendships that I'm sure will last a lifetime! Woke up this morning missing everyone, wishing reality wasn't going to bite us in the butt at the office this morning. Oh, that's right, you retired folks (lucky you and YES we are JEALOUS!!!) don't remember what an office is!! LOL!!

Des, Bill and Sylvia when is your new CD coming out? We'll be first in line to get it!! Great voices and ability to play the mandolin and guitar!! Lets's all practice and we can all play next year, Bill R, I heard Dorothy say you're learning the harmonica GET R DONE!!

And who knew there could be so much delicious food!!! Sylvia, you'd better get an oven in that Gypsy before next year! Al is craving those biscuts and sausage gravy!!

Sorry so many of you missed it, but hopefully next year we'll be able to fill up that campground with egss!! As Al says, it'll look like an Easter Egg hunt!!!

You're right Don, a year is too long! Hopefully we can see each other again in the fall. Those trees will be GORGEOUS!!

Thanks everyone for making our first trip such a wonderful one, who knew people could be so nice!!
Al & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #67

Trailer: 1972 Burro
I agree with every thing said.
The company, food, wine and entertainment was great. I will have to try to make the lasagna. I may even have to learn to play the spoons so I can join in the camp fire activities.
Sam passed out all day Monday He got worn with all the attention paid to him.
Thanks Don for the Burro stuff Now I have literature so I can prove that the Burro is not an alien artifact.
Thanks to Bill ands Silvia for the raffle I will now stay nice and warm in my sleeping bag, maybe Sam won't steal the covers
And a special thanks to Denise for finding to great campground to hold it in and for setting everything up.
We definitely need to have one in the fall when the leaves change.
Where are the pictures?

Mel
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #68

Hi all, East Coast Rally has happened!!! What a great time we had too. Everything went well and all semed to enjoy the meet. Very glad to meet all ya'll and also hope we can do this again. We all made history with the first east coast rally which means we are now all veterans to the cause.

I would also like to thank all you folks for coming and making this meet a good one. Thanks Denise for setting it up and thanks to Taylor-Mel for suggesting it in the first place as she was in awe of all you west coast folks for having so much fun. We had enough food for all of you but we ate it.

Donna D. !!!!! we all took pictures at the meet and want to know if we can maybe have a space to post them on this site or a link somewhere. Need someone that can guide us as to posting. I have read the tutorial on posting but think it would be nice to get a moderator that is more knowing of these things. Help!

Nouf for now Bill
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 AM   #69

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Donna D. !!!!! we all took pictures at the meet and want to know if we can maybe have a space to post them on this site or a link somewhere. Need someone that can guide us as to posting. I have read the tutorial on posting but think it would be nice to get a moderator that is more knowing of these things. Help!

Nouf for now Bill
Bill just post some of them in this topic, or use one of the free picture posting places (Photo Bucket, Web Shots, etc.) on the web and provide a URL back in this topic. If you use one of the free sites, they'll guide you in the posting method. I know a number of members are having success.

Can't wait to see them
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #70

It was FABULOUS!!! Thank you everyone for making it so much fun!

The food was yummy...Al V's campfire lasagna was sooooo good, Donna's layered chocolate cherry dessert was delicious, the meatballs, the chicken and mushrooms, the traveler's stew....the list goes on, and it was all so wonderful!

Bill and Sylvia put together a raffle and we all came away with cool prizes! The tours of our eggs, the wine tasting (gotta find that 'blue hawaiian' wine for my fridge!!) and the camraderie. Excellent weekend!!

And the campground was something else, too! The views, the owner (and those squeaky clean bathrooms!) will definately have me going back again!

The very best part? All of you! You guys made that weekend so special for us! What a treat to meet such great folks!! And talented!!! Sylvia's lovely singing voice, Des's guitar, and Bill's mandolin...just a perfect ending of a day around a campfire.

Mark you calendars for next year and let's do another East Coast scramble again!!
I'm up for a Fall scramble too, it would be awesome with the leaves changing colors in mid-October.....

Thank you, everyone!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EastCoastRally1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	8071

missing in picture is 1/2 of Alek, Donna, Denise, and Al V and our mascots, Sam (the Newfie), Wiggles (the cutie), and Mac (the cat).
Attached Thumbnails
EastCoastRally2.jpg  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #71

Well, I didn't know where else to post this, but I just had to since it was our very first time out with the rolypoly!!

Name:	EastCoastRally3.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	8073
Old 05-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #72

Here's a couple photos.
Attached Thumbnails
The_whole_group__East_Coast_rally_2007.JPG  
Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #73

Name:	Des___Diane__s_Boler_13.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	7948
Another. Des & Diane's Boler
Old 05-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #74

Another

Name:	Don___Pat__s_Casita.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	7949
Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #75

another
Attached Thumbnails
Al_V.__s_Cassita_and_tug.JPG  
Old 05-24-2007, 07:55 AM   #76

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Hi All

We're home again after two more nights "on the road"; full of pleasant memories of a fabulous trip, of friends old and new, and full of superb food and wine!

For those on FGRV who keep track of "pot luck" logistics, for the wine and cheese on Friday, after consuming copious amounts of interesting vintages we had enough left over for the Saturday Banquet.

Food, FOOD -- we had such variety and volume, both delicious main dishes and scrumptious desserts, that we stuffed ourselves full and then did it all over again on Sunday (including left-over wine!).

Thanks to Denise for making it "Happen", to all for pitching in and for the pictorial proof posted above.

We're looking forwad to the "reunion".

D & D
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:53 PM   #77

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Hi All

We're home again after two more nights "on the road"; full of pleasant memories of a fabulous trip, of friends old and new, and full of superb food and wine!

For those on FGRV who keep track of "pot luck" logistics, for the wine and cheese on Friday, after consuming copious amounts of interesting vintages we had enough left over for the Saturday Banquet.

Food, FOOD -- we had such variety and volume, both delicious main dishes and scrumptious desserts, that we stuffed ourselves full and then did it all over again on Sunday (including left-over wine!).

Thanks to Denise for making it "Happen", to all for pitching in and for the pictorial proof posted above.

We're looking forwad to the "reunion".

D & D
Hey, all you new friends from the Virginia get-together. What a great time. You were all such a fun group. It seemed like we knew you all before. Didn't we have great food and all that wine!!!! Al you make really good lasagna and the hard way too. Good chicken Diane. Al and Donna thanks for the pancakes. We had so much food I can't remember it all. The best part was getting together to eat and talk and just have fun, and we sure did. We're looking forward to some more of that good music next time.

Melanie you sure had a good idea and thanks Denise for all the hard work of putting it all together. GOOD JOB. Found some of that Hawiian (blue) wine at a Walmart somewhere along our travels. We went down the Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway and on down to Alabama. Had a great time there to. We left Ala. Sunday morning and got home around 5pm Monday. That's the longest we have ever been gone. We actually slept in the camper 11 days. Well hope to see you all soon. Keep in touch. We have 2 e-mail addresses. I have one of my own because of all the junk mail: windyhillgram [at] yahoo.com

Until later. Dorothy
Dorothy Reihart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #78

Trailer: 1998 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
It was FABULOUS!!! Thank you everyone for making it so much fun!

The food was yummy...Al V's campfire lasagna was sooooo good, Donna's layered chocolate cherry dessert was delicious, the meatballs, the chicken and mushrooms, the traveler's stew....the list goes on, and it was all so wonderful!

Bill and Sylvia put together a raffle and we all came away with cool prizes! The tours of our eggs, the wine tasting (gotta find that 'blue hawaiian' wine for my fridge!!) and the camraderie. Excellent weekend!!

And the campground was something else, too! The views, the owner (and those squeaky clean bathrooms!) will definately have me going back again!

The very best part? All of you! You guys made that weekend so special for us! What a treat to meet such great folks!! And talented!!! Sylvia's lovely singing voice, Des's guitar, and Bill's mandolin...just a perfect ending of a day around a campfire.

Mark you calendars for next year and let's do another East Coast scramble again!!
I'm up for a Fall scramble too, it would be awesome with the leaves changing colors in mid-October.....

Thank you, everyone!!!
Just got home yesterday from picking up our new little "egg". Would love to join in the fun the next time you get together. How do we find out more?
Thanks bunches,
Karen
Ed & Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #79

Quote:
Just got home yesterday from picking up our new little "egg". Would love to join in the fun the next time you get together. How do we find out more?
Thanks bunches,
Karen
Hey Karen & ED ,congrats on the new little one. The best way to join in on the fun & get togethers is to keep a on fiberglass for info around your area or even casita club or any of the glass websites... hope to meet you all at a future rally .Don& Pat K
Old 06-03-2007, 07:27 AM   #80

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Karen & ED and all others.... You are all welcomed to come to our fiberglass rally June 22-23 in Rutherfordton, NC.

We will be having a potluck Friday evening as well as a campfire. Saturday we will have a ice cream socail and a salad pot luck with lots of entertainments following.

Check the camping fourm for more information. The campground is filling up fast so to get a site within our rally area reservations need to be soon.
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote