AL Fall Gathering of the Eggs, Huntsville AL - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Smile Fall Gathering of the Eggs, Huntsville AL

Short update...

Hello folks, I trust this note finds everyone well. I just got home from a two week multi city trip for work and am pretty exhausted! This use to be fun but now it’s not so much! Anyway enough of my belly aching, at least I got a JOB!

The Fall Gathering of the Eggs is almost upon us! I realize that there are other activities planned during this time frame (6-9 Sep 12), but in the intrest of giving folks choices, I provide the following.

I will throw away my iPhone and concentrate on doing NOTHING, but meeting with the fine participants. As many of you know I take great pride in scheding activities, cook outs, etc… for the Green Eggs and Ham rally, but this one is a little different… All we have sched is relax time. I have provided local info on Mount Sano State Park and the many activities that can be enjoyed in the Huntsville/Madison Alabama area. If you need these links resent please advise. The only real sched items as previously indicated are as follows:

Thursday Night: Campfire at the stone fire place in the Pavilion (If you can bring a few pieces of fire wood that would (no pun intended) be great. Come on out with your favorite beverage, chair and meet everyone…

Friday Night: Campfire at the stone fire place in the Pavilion (again, If you can bring a few pieces of fire wood that would (repeat pun) be great, I kill myself with my wit… Come on out with your favorite beverage, chair and share your experiences of the day…

Saturday Night: Campfire at the stone fire place in the Pavilion (no more jokes), Pot Luck and fall themed gift exchange.

This entire event is purely to get together and kibitz, no sched, no timelines, no nothing. There will be enough of that at the next GREEN EGGS and HAM RALLY III in March 2013!

There has been some talk of getting together for a group breakfast or lunch at the Blue Plate Café in Huntsville; we can play that by ear. I will have a sign up board at my site for those of you that are interested. The Blue Plate Café gets busy so I would like to close on interested participants and which meal you prefer NLT Thursday evening. Specific menus for the “Blue Plate” menus can be found at http://blueplatecafe.com/menus.php . Of course breakfast is breakfast don’t think you need a menu for that? BTW I do not have any monetary interest in the Blue Plate Café and eating there is at your own risk… sounds kinda of scary huh…?

Anyway this is as good as it gets. Look forward to seeing you all. If you have any questions or need further info please contact me at huevo_movil@yahoo.com . Travel safe, see ya soon. Shorty sends…
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Hello all, the 2012 Fall Gathering of the Eggs at Monte Sano State Park, in Huntsville, AL is in the books… at the events end we had 16 rigs of different sizes, shapes, colors and manufacturers; 31 human participants; and more cool pooches than I can count in attendance. All in all it went off without a hitch if I say so myself. We did have a few rain showers throughout the event, but they quickly dissipated. Thanks to all who came and participated in the nightly campfires and the highlight of the event the POT LUCK!!! Look forward to seeing you all real soon at GE&H III in Camden, AL. This year's event will run Wednesday (early bird) through Sunday, 13 – 17 March 2012. More to follow soon on that event. Travel safe and stay alert. Shorty sends…
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall