Fall Meet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I guess its not too early to start a thread on our upcoming fall meet?

Note: Current info is posted in LOONIES ONLY topic.

This event (IF its not flooded out) will be held at the newly remodled Fort Campground in Fort Langley B.C. The campground is not yet officially reopened pending major remodelling currently ongoing. There is a big panic however with regards to the present danger of flooding from the very nearby Fraser River. If the river floods the island that the campground is on, it will devistate all the remodelling progress already done.

We (at our spring meet) elected to finally name our group.
After much hemming and hawing (well about 30 seconds worth, LOL) we collectively decided on the VERY original name of "The Glass Eggers".

A few of our membership have volunteered to attend the pending open house for the re-opening of the Fort Campground. This date is still on hold due to the flood issue. When the open house is held, we will be able to firm up commitments for our fall meet to be held at this location in September I'll try to keep anyone interested in attending updated on our progress.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #2

Registry
The Trailer Goddess and I drove past the Fort campgrounds today on our way to a rather large car show in Cloverdale. The campground was slated to open today but we saw signage that the opening was delayed till next weekend. This may or may not be related to the pending flood, but we noticed that the muddy Fraser River waters were starting to retreat back into their normal channels.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Hi Doug et al,
Any idea for the dates on the fall rally. And do we register individually with the campground, or is there some co-ordinating this. If we can work with the dates, this will be our first outing.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #4

Registry
We have (as yet) had no further contact with Craig Breckenridge, our wagonmaster following his serious car accident a while back. If you look under past threads he has posted, there will be a link to himself.

In the past, we have had Craig make all the reservations for us and we deal with (and pay him, usually but not always in advance) for the sites needed. I'm sorry but I have NOT had enough free time to contact him re: the fall event!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #5

Thanks Doug.
I know it's the busy time of year in the hot rod world, and it's the heart of the camping season (at least it's supposed to be) and I wasn't meaning to nag. I'll just keep monitoring the site for any updates.
Thanks for your reply.
cheers
Ian
Old 07-24-2007, 06:49 AM   #6

Registry
Ian, sometimes its tough sharing time with two 'hobbys' but the times when both activities can happen together (rodding campout weekends) the fun level just goes right off the end of the meter.

I (or someone else in our group) will post more info as we find out.

Asking questions is NEVER considered NAGGING, LOL!!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Ian, sometimes its tough sharing time with two 'hobbys' but the times when both activities can happen together (rodding campout weekends) the fun level just goes right off the end of the meter.

I (or someone else in our group) will post more info as we find out.

Asking questions is NEVER considered NAGGING, LOL!!!!
So my wife tells me.
cheers
Ian
Old 07-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Could you tell me about how many different riggs would be there? I am looking for an a trailer and want a chance to see some options. I want to be able to stand up, I would like a bed that is along the centerline rather than curbside to street side, , wide enough for comfort. and protected from weather. My wife is finding the tent trailer unpleasant especially if it is raining or damp. She suffers with Arthritis. My present tow rating for vehicles, 1000 lbs and 2000lbs.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 72 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Hi Everyone,

Be sure to check out the latest info on Doug's other thread "Loonies".

I have the web site up with the relevant information for the fall Meet. As Doug indicated, I have been out of commission for a while since typing a the computer has not been too comfortable due to a major car accident. I hate being the innocent bystander that was a bit too close; I actually ahd time to think "this might miss me". Alas I was wrong.

At any rate, the direct link to the Fall 2007 Meet is:

http://members.shaw.ca/glass.eggs.th...mber_2007.html

My contact information is posted there as is the amount required for the weekend. Sites are going fast, at last count there were only 8 left. There will be another group beside us so we can't get any more spots in the same area. Definielty first come, first serve. I will also keep a list of last minute paratroopers in case someone cancels.

Craig
Craig Breckenridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #10

Registry
Thanks for coming to my Craig. My pinkies were gettin kinda tired, LOL!!!!