FALL Northern California Get Together - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #21

Trailer: Spacemaster Michiganti Lite 1987
Quote:
I just made OUR reservation! We ARE[b] IN, baby!

With the KOA discount that is extended to the group it is $45.90 per night. Like Joy sez... it IS a bit high, but I figgered, what the hey. If we get something in Northern California STARTED, we can certainly move Next Year... There are SO MANY places in the Sierra. And also lower elevation for Sping or Fall camping. But for now, THIS ONE is a GO!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady I talked to [at] KOA, Sandy, ALSO did not know about the KOA disco being extended to the group, but I explained the whole situation and she went ahead and extended it... she said that ONE of the group (Rick, is this YOU) has a KOA Kard and I think based on that she made an executive decision and gave it to me... the OTHER option would have been to wait for the regular reservation person to come in.

Woo-Hoo!!

Also, I asked if she knew where they were going to put us, but she didn't know yet.

Here is a link to a Printer Friendly version of their campground map.

http://www.laketahoekoa.com/images/campground_map.jpg

Is there a general area that strikes anyone as more (OR LESS) desirable???

If so, **someone** (hint, hint, Rick) should call up and kind of rattle their cage a bit. Just to be MORE sure we are all close together.

My wife, Michele, was wondering... is there a potluck planned? Friday and/or Saturday? If so, does anyone want to do a themed dinner... i.e. Mexican, Italian or whatever.

See you all Friday after W*rk. (Sorry about that 4-letter word.)

Alan (& Michele too!!!!!!)
Saturday nite is great for a potluck. Any idea's on a theme. I will call the Campground tomorrow and find out what they are planning on for setting us up together. I agree with Alan. It is a start to get something going here even though a bit pricey. My inexperience in picking campgrounds I guess. I'm still in anyway. Less then one week. I have to wait for my wife to get off of work as well on Friday, so I will be there as soon as we can Friday nite. We are coming from Lincoln (actually Roseville is where my wife works and I will pick her up and leave from there.)
Rick Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #22

We are at 6 now! Please call the www.laketahoekoa.com camp site if you would like to attend as well. We are having a potluck on Saturday nite and playing some golf horsehoe's as well.

Don't be shy, come along and meet some others of our kind and hopefully we can get something going here in Northern California. I know that Northern California is a big geography, but we have to start somewhere. I think we are going to try and do something in the Redwoods next time. But in the mean time, join us at South Lake Tahoe for a beautiful weekend. The weather promises to be awesome in the high 70's during the day and mid 40's at nite. So bring lots of blankets or make sure your heater works well.

The campsite has promised to keep the pool open for our group for the weekend. They usually have it closed right after labor day so that was nice of them. They are also extending the KOA group discount to us, so make sure you mention you are with Rick's group and they will do that.

We are currently all in full hookup sites all in a group. Each site has a picnic table and barbeque.

I should be leaving home around 2-3 and get there around 5-6pm.

If anyone else decides to come please let me know and call the KOA and make your reservation.

Thanks, see ya'll there.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #23

OK, Here are a few pictures of the 1st Annual Northern California Fiberglass Get Together. It was all Scamps but my Mity Lite Spacemaster. We had 6 trailers including 2 5th wheels, 2 13 footers, a 16 footer, and my 13 footer. A total of 10 people attended.

We played Horseshoe Golf Saturday morning, then most of use just when our seperate ways for a few hours around South Tahoe to the Car show and shopping, and a few just stayed back at camp. We had a nice little pot luck dinner Saturday night including spaghetti, chili, rice, barbeque chicken, crackers, cheese, and meat slices, etc. A pretty good spread for everyone. I think we all got our fill.

All in all a nice little event that we all thought would be nice to do again and to grow it. We can pick another spot no problems. We thought this spot was pretty good but would be interested in finding other spots. Maybe somewhere in the redwoods or Napa, etc.

Thanks for everyone that attended and April and I had a great time meeting you and have some round the picnic table chats. We look forward to other camps with you all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fgrvbobsmall.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	23608

Name:	fgrvearlsmall.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	23609

Name:	fgrvdianesmall.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	23610

Name:	fgrvgroupsmall.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	23607

Name:	ricksrigsmall.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	23606
Old 09-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #24

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Darren Miller
Quote:
OK, Here are a few pictures of the 1st Annual Northern California Fiberglass Get Together. It was all Scamps but my Mity Lite Spacemaster. We had 6 trailers including 2 5th wheels, 2 13 footers, a 16 footer, and my 13 footer. A total of 10 people attended.
I think it's pretty safe to say that a grand time was had by all. Thanks for organizing it.
Darren Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #25

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Yep!! I had a great time. I stayed over Sunday night and arrived back home this afternoon about 12:15. We all had a grand time playing Golfball Horseshoes and are now all practiced and ready to take on the competition at Bandon next July! - - Earl
Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
We, too, (Alan & Michele) had a GREAT time.

Thanx, Rick, for organizing.

It was really nice to meet some fine F'Glass folks.

AND we are now SERIOUSLY thinking of attending the Johnson City Gathering in Texas in February.

GEE this is fun!
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote