AZ Feb 8-10,2013 Quartzsite Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #41

Name: Tom
Trailer: BIGFOOT 25 R.Q.
California
Any other BIGFOOTS goin to Dome Rock ? Be cool to hang out with other BIGFOOT owners. Cant wait to get there, leaving Lodi, CA on Wed Feb 6th arriving mid day on Thursday the 7th. Look forward to seeing some friends from last year as well as meet a bunch of new ones. A big thanks to Geo, and Betty for hosting this event. This my favorite gathering and they are great hosts.I am going to try to bring a nice travel trailer cover that I have never used to enter into the swap meet. Im sure it will fit anything in 24 to 26 foot 102''wide trailer range.. It was on my 25' bigfoot when i bought the trailer, but have no use as i keep the bigfoot inside and dont want the hassel of a cover. Its like new condition and has a storage bag.Stop by and say hi, ill be the 25' Bigfoot with the Rottweiler on the porch.
dustchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #42

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
FYI, I moved to Dome Rock today. John (post #18) is here too. We're trying to strategically stake us out some turf.

A stone's throw away there's a silver Trillium 5500. Is that you Tony (post #34)?
KamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #43

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I'll be down Fri the 8th.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I'm jealous! 16°F tonight, 25MPH winds, Lake Effect snow, and I'm here & you all are there. I'll be there next year.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #45

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Look forward to meeting you next year, Jon!
www.justfinding.blogspot.com
John & BJ S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #46

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Leaving Wichita Ka the 5th for Dome Rock.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #47

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
we are here where are you ?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #48

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
while ruining Quartz site today , i saw a casita for sale 03 mod he said some one was coming back in the am and if they did not by it he is going to make the rally next week ,i looked at it was real clean did not ck the mechanics of it but shure looked good , if some one is instred i will ck it out futher has a heater and twn bed mod give me a call 479-414 - 7153
Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #49

Trailer: Boler 13 ft and 16 ft Scamp
We are in Tyson Well RV camp spaces among the venders,
we will start camping at Dome Rock on the 6 Feb
P & C
21 ft BigFoot
Philip & Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #50

Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: CASITA
Arizona
We will be coming in on Wednesday early afternoon and leaving as soon as the first mud puddle forms. Yep, we are weather weenies....BOB AND JACKIE
Rose Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #51

Name: Lorraine
Trailer: 2008 13' Trillium Outback
British Columbia
Hello... We are on the road and have made it to Portland so far. Are there any other Trillium Outback owners on their way to Dome Rock. Or ukulele players??
55goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #52

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yo Lorraine, are you talking about Portland, Oregon? I LIVE HERE! But not heading for Quartize and don't play a ukulele.... coffee? Send me a PM.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #53

British Columbia
Coffee without ukuleles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yo Lorraine, are you talking about Portland, Oregon? I LIVE HERE! But not heading for Quartize and don't play a ukulele.... coffee? Send me a PM.
Hi Donna, Yes Portland Oregon. We are visiting friends and watching a really unexciting Super Bowl. We are near the Amtrak station. Heading out tomorrow morning. What part of town are you in?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #54

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
BUMMER! I'm going to miss Lorraine as she passes through Portland. If ANYONE should come through, please send me a PM and let's see if we can meet
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #55

Name: Jose
Trailer: Scamp 13' 77 (:
Nevada
I would really like to go here for my first camping experience. I'm in Vegas so the trip won't be too far away. However, I'm in the middle of remodeling my scamp 13 77' and it won't be ready 100%. I won't have any appliances to use. Call me crazy but I still want to do the trip (: I have done so many crazy things so it won't be the first time. Can I camp with just the basics? With just a shell to sleep?
Questions:
1- Is there any bathrooms near by to use?
2- Could I share wood fires to warm up food or water?
3- What do people do for entertainment in the camp?

Believe it or not, I'm serious. Advice will determine if I do or don't do the trip this weekend. Call me crazy!!! Thank you
Chita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #56

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Chita,
There is not any bathroom facilities that I know of, so if you could score a port-a-potty for your rig, you could enjoy the experience of the egg gathering, as I think you could warm your food & water over open camp fires or on new found friends stoves.
Hope to see you there with your 13' Scamp.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #57

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chita View Post
I would really like to go here for my first camping experience. I'm in Vegas so the trip won't be too far away. However, I'm in the middle of remodeling my scamp 13 77' and it won't be ready 100%. I won't have any appliances to use. Call me crazy but I still want to do the trip (: I have done so many crazy things so it won't be the first time. Can I camp with just the basics? With just a shell to sleep?
Questions:
1- Is there any bathrooms near by to use?
2- Could I share wood fires to warm up food or water?
3- What do people do for entertainment in the camp?

Believe it or not, I'm serious. Advice will determine if I do or don't do the trip this weekend. Call me crazy!!! Thank you
Hi Chita, Last year we missed the gathering but we went to Dome Rock for a couple of days on our own. At that time we had a 1975 Boler that I had been working on for two years. I also survived 8 days at Burning Man with that same trailer so here are a few pointers.

1- Get some kind of a port-a-potti. The easiest to use and least expensive is the Luggable Loo. Because this is a desert environment guys CANNOT just go out and water a tree as you might in the forest. This is completely NOT allowed by the BLM.

2. We had no heat in the Boler but in the evenings I would light 3 emergency candles and put them in the metal sink for safety. They seemed to take the chill off the trailer and with a good sleeping bag we were fine at night.

3. Break out your tent camping gear. Bring a cooler with a block of ice. It will last the weekend. Bring foods that don't require refrigeration...Trader Joes makes a great canned Turkey Chili:-) Starkist tuna salad in a foil pouch makes a great sandwich without having to refrigerate mayonnaise.

4. Fibreglass RV people are a friendly lot. I'm sure someone will lend you a corner of their BBQ. Bring your own mug and paper plates to cut down on the need to wash dishes.

5. As I have not been to the Dome Rock gathering before I do not know what they do for entertainment but I know they have the "Soup Thing" pot luck so be sure to bring a can of NON-Cream based soup. (Chicken noodle, minestroni, beef barley, etc.) They will also be having a swap meet so you might find some things to use for your trailer renovation. There will also be someone giving a talk on solar power.
At other gatherings we have played Bocci, gone on treasure hunts, done some geo-cashing, had campfire sing-alongs, had costume contests, learned new skills, had theme nights ... and the list goes on.
So please come ... I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #58

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
And I besides you will get to hear Lorraine play a mean ukulele! :-))

Have fun down there Lorraine...... wish I could get the trailer out this winter....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #59

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Lorraine, how was Burning Man? I've always wanted to go. Not so much of a desire to camp in a 100 degree plus, dusty, desert but for the event itself. The schools here in Vegas start in late August so I'll probably have to wait a few year until I retire before I can go.

Jose, did your Scamp come with a bathroom? If not you were going to need to purchase a porta-potti anyhow. I have my old table top mini bbq I'll just give you if you want it. Karma was smiling on me last summer when I was out doing yard sales. I came across a brand new "fancy" table top model with gauges and all. I asked how much and they told me $5, sold! Also, if you want more privacy, Walmart used to have little tents meant for showering/changing that work perfect for a porta-potti. I think they run about $20. Let me know what else you need.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #60

British Columbia
Now Feb 4 to 6, is the time to register to purchase Burning Man tickets for 2013 Steve. Some California teachers have the same problem as you with the timing of Burning Man so, believe it or not, they organized workshops out there in the Black Rock desert that qualify them to count Burning Man as professional development so they can get the time off.