Fiberglass rally has moved - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2003, 04:18 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Fiberglass rally has moved

Roland wrote in the Casita Forum:

Susan Littke has contacted me with some upsetting news about the National Rally. After having our reservation for nearly a year, the RV park moved us out of the prime spots by the pavilion. Furthermore, they have taken the pavilion use away from us and given it to the new group on the weekend, when we need it most. The new group has only twenty spaces reserved and our group in up to 60 and growing. NOW, in spite of the agreement they had with Susan and Terry, the manager at Kentucky Horse Park is insisting that we all PAY FOR THE ENTIRE TIME OF THE RALLY, EVEN IF WE ARE NOT THERE EVERY NIGHT. Enough.
We don't need this kind of treatment. I say we move. There are plenty of parks in the Lexington area, most with BETTER hook-up options. And, the people I have talked too at other parks would jump at the chance to book up 60 units and would offer plenty of amenities as well as a little respect. I vote that we move.

Susan is worried that some people will cancel if such a major change is made at this time. I don't think so. This is our vacation for most of us, and the worst scenario is to have that messed up by an inconsiderate host. Please log on, and give Susan your support. She has really worked hard on this.

----Roland 1015

Susan wrote:

We have a place!!!!! Check out
Renfro Valley KOA P.O. Box 54, Red Foley Rd, Renfro Valley, KY. 40473 Phone/Fax (606) 256-2474 patricia.miller46@verizon.net

I spoke to the owners and they will charge per night upon your arrival and not for the entire rally dates like The Horse Park. When I questioned them about the contract and charging for every night he stated to me "we are here to do business". That did it and it was low of them to try and pull this over on us.

Pull up the Renfro Valley KOA site and check it out. You can even select your own site and let me know what you want. Note that some have electric-water, some electric water, sewer and some with electric, water, sewer and cable. You can pick the site that best's suits your needs.

We will have a group pavilion, indoor kitchen with stoves, sinks, and yes**refrigerators. They have a game room, swimming pool, pool table, an open air kitchen as well, shuffle board, horseshoes and lots more. Also free shuttles to the shows if anyone wants to go.

The location is perfect just off 75, 45 minutes south of The Horse Park for those that want to make a day trip and 45 minutes from the Corvette factory and Camping World.

These people were very nice and workable with all the different arrival days. And guess what, they use to have a Casita, or maybe it was a Scamp. Oh well at least they knew all about us which was more than the other place.

There is a lot to do in the area and the owners will help anyone out in suggesting places to see. They are giving us 5 days to make a decision and then I will send in the deposits. So if you can't make it to this location please let me know so I can send back your deposit.

The group fees are as followed; Full hookup=Water Electric Sewer Cable $26.00 Water and Electric= $21.00 Water Electric Sewer=$24.00

Look at the map on the web page and you can view the sites and which ones have what you want.

I am actually happy things worked out the way they did as this place is very travel friendly and have a lot more to offer us, and with a smile as well.

I have setn a personal e-mail out to everyone on my list.
If you did not get one please contact me directly.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 10:21 AM   #2

Renfro Valley update of events

We have a place!!!!! Check out
Renfro Valley KOA P.O. Box 54, Red Foley Rd, Renfro Valley, KY. 40473

Please look at the campground map and let me know which site you want. Also let me know what days you will be there as I will need to give this information to the campgrounds. Most have already given me this information but if you haven't please do so.

So far we have had nothing but great response with the move. Thanks everyone for such positive feedback.

Rally schedule so far:

Thursday late morning tour RV.
Thursday late morning: RV tours. If you do not want to show your RV let me know when you arrive.

Thursday late morning: Set up for an ongoing Sell-Buy-Trade Flee Market. Bring camping RV , traveling related items that you want to sell. This even will be on-going during the rally. Make sure your name- price and site number is on the item.

Thursday early afternoon: “How To” by Harris Dowlen

Thursday afternoon: Traveling with medication by Terry Littke

Thursday late afternoon: Pet parade, by Donna Justin. We need judges for this.

Thursday evening: Welcome party, cheese-crackers, bring your own drinks and something to share.

Friday: RV tour for those that just arrived.

Friday morning: All day trip to the Corvette Plant. I need to have a head count for this if you have not done so.

Friday all day: Good time to explore the local area on your own if you are not attending the Corvette tour.

Friday night: Hot Dog- Hamburger cook-out, bring your own meat and dish to pass along with your plate and silverware. Volunteers needed to head this up.

Friday: Group gathering, bring something to share for snacks and your own drinks.

Saturday morning: 8:00-9:00 Coffee and muffins at Host Site

Saturday 9:00-11:00 RV Safety Group Seminar Weight Safety and Tire Safety

Saturday afternoon: Dutch Oven workshop. Bring a dutch oven if you have one. By Bill Jones.

Saturday late afternoon: Winterizing by Phil Moldovan.

Saturday evening: Pot Luck dinner, bring a dish to pass along with servers. Volunteers needed to set this up and get it organized.

Saturday evening: Gathering

Sunday morning: Men's pancake breakfast for the women.. We need men to sign up to help with this. Bring your own plates, silverware and for those that wish they can donate something else to go along with the breakfast.

Sunday late morning Trailer Trash Fashion Show, Judges needed for this.

Sunday early afternoon: Home Made Ice Cream contest by Kena Quebbeman. We need someone to bring small bowls, spoons, toppings to share. We also are in need of judges. If you have an ice cream maker please join us in this event.

Monday late morning: Exploring the area.

Monday late afternoon: Shuffle board contest.

We will need prizes donated for thesed events.

All events will be held at the outdoor pavillion unless noted.

If you would like to do a workshop please let me know. The more we learn the better our travels will be.

If someone wants to share a slide show of there travels we would all enjoy seeing it.

If you have any other suggestion for the rally events or workshop please contact me. We want this to be the best experience you can have.

If you have sent in your deposit then I will send it on to the Renfro Valley KOA park. You will not have to contact them directly. I will need the days you are going to be at the rally and your selection of camping site desired if you have not given it to me already.

You can contact me by e-mail or call me directly after 5:00

Old 06-15-2003, 11:53 AM   #3

The New Location

This is the correct location !

Renfro Valley KOA in KY.