First Annual S.D. Egg Rally has been confirmed!! - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #141

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
By now...or at least by last Wednesday, the last egg trailer should have rolled out of Hart Ranch, ending the first egg rally in SD...At least that I know of!! For a first rally, we had all but one trailer show up, arriving from Thursday to Saturday, and leaving from Sunday to Wednesday. It was really awesome meeting people, putting faces to names, and sharing steaks, potluck, and breakfast with all!! I think it would be safe to say that no one went away hungry!!

We even met a casita owner at Hart Ranch, who joined us at the potluck, and vowed to join Fiberglass RV!!! If you are here, please stand up!! Mike (doing the documentary) chased us down, and ran around taking pictures, dissapointed that we didn't have 80 or a 100 trailers-said he chose rallies based upon how many postings, and we have over 10 pages on ours...

Mike, be sure, before you use those photos in an actual documentary, that you get signed releases from all, including Hart ranch, as it is a private resort-

It was absolutely awesome to see a range of trailers, lots of Scamps, a casita, some 5th wheels, a burro, Uhaul and an EGG Camper!! Pretty good turn out in variety-my poor burro had challenges that weekend, not the least of which was trying to lose a tire on thursday, but ending the trip with pulling out its wire harness...pretty cool stuff. Fortunately, we arrived home safely, and were pretty happy to arrive.

Hart Ranch is happy to sponsor our rally again next year, we can do it during the buffalo round up again, the dates are up in the air at the moment- They promise a closer set of sites to one of the comfort stations.

Dawn, did you make it to yellowstone?
And we got out just in time...snow yesterday morning (Thursday)-we had a range of temperatures to very chilly at our steak dinner, to 90 degrees on Saturday- Had some cold nights and some hot nights.

Hart ranch also gave us their restaurant for our potluck, which went over quite well. It was actually nice to have airconditioning after a 90 degree day!!

After seeing all the bigger trailers, it really makes me want one...I think I will put it on my christmas list for next year...

Santa...I REALLY want an EGG CAMPER!!!-2010?

It was awesome meeting everyone-I look forward to next year.

Pam

Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #142

Trailer: 2007 Casita
LOL Pam, I knew you would like their trailer.

Hope everyone got home ok! I have been gone, got home last night so I missed hearing any news. Did anyone post pic's of the Rally? Please send a link if so. Thanks Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #143

Trailer: Casita 17 ft
Quote:
All,

We need to plan some events...I have a fire ring, sometimes campfires are not allowed in the black hills. However, there is a large ring that we can reserve for Friday night. We can plan a SMORES event...or a weinie roast...and then do a potluck/dutch oven cookoff on Saturday. There is another rally at the campground at this time...should we issue a cookoff challenge? Any excellent cooks in the bunch?

Or...we can borrow an idea that Robin had, and have steaks on Friday night. What do you all think? We can also reserve the picnic shelter...

Pam

Hi Pam & Dave
We are Dave & Kay Stewart who checked-in at Hart Ranch while your rally was going on. Thanks for your invitation to join the rally. It was very educational talking to the attendees. Enjoyed seeing the Scamp 5th wheel, also, Orlen Wolf owner of the Eggcamper very interesting. Appreciated the invitation to join the Dinner. Thanks

Dave & Kay
davids1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #144

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Hi all,
I started a photo album and posted my photos from the rally at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Scampers_Tri...408265/pic/list

Feel free to add some more if you want.

Thom
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #145

Thom, hmmmmm Yahoo seems to be having issues so the pic's are not available. And the Album is not accessible. Can you post them here? Thanks Robin
Old 12-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #146

Quote:
Thom, hmmmmm Yahoo seems to be having issues so the pic's are not available. And the Album is not accessible. Can you post them here? Thanks Robin

Robin,
The photo albums here seem to be by trailer make. If you can find someplace for me to post them as a rally let me know and I'll set it up.
Thom
ps:
The Yahoo album link seems to work OK for me on my computer/internet connection.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:48 PM   #147

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
YahooGroups can be a PITA. But, if you already belong to Yahoo(anything) you can setup an account with Flickr very simply: Flickr Photo Sharing Site
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #148

Quote:
YahooGroups can be a PITA.
No kidding! But I didn't give up this time and finally got thru................

Great Pic's Thom. Thank You! It was nice to see how green the grass was, since as you know we are covered again in white here in Colorado. And the Pic of Eli's Birthday Cake, yummy! Thanks again Thom.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #149

Tooooooo Cute!
Attached Thumbnails
SD_Birthday_celebrate.jpg  
Old 01-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #150

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Hey! That's my little Eli in that picture! I somehow missed this thread. (For some reason, I am not able to blow up the picture.)

He is already talking about how he wants to go back to South Dakota for his next birthday too. I just don't have the heart to tell him that we didn't got here for his birthday, but rather that his birthday just happened to be the same week. I'm thinking we may have created a little problem here!

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #151

Bryan, you can't just click on the pic and it opens up? Hmmmm, If not email me at rv bella of course [at] g mail dot com I will send you the size I got.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #152

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Bryan, you can't just click on the pic and it opens up? Hmmmm, If not email me at rv bella of course [at] g mail dot com I will send you the size I got.
After the upgrade we're having problems with pictures. It's a bug being worked on, be patient. For more info see this topic: Site Maintenance - Please Be Patient
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #153

Quote:
Hey! That's my little Eli in that picture! I somehow missed this thread. (For some reason, I am not able to blow up the picture.)

He is already talking about how he wants to go back to South Dakota for his next birthday too. I just don't have the heart to tell him that we didn't got here for his birthday, but rather that his birthday just happened to be the same week. I'm thinking we may have created a little problem here!

Try this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Scampers_Tri...408265/pic/list
Eli is in 20 and 21.
Thom

Tags
eggcamper