First Annual S.D. Egg Rally has been confirmed!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #15

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
Pam, No couldn't get your link to enlarge, and never have got it to open with my computer. Actually I am over it, I have deleted and reloaded the program, still hiding the darn map. But was able to go on a friends computer and see it. And actually I really don't care what site you put me in. Just put me somewhere with a full hook up. Thanks Robin

Robin,
do you want an end site or an inner site?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #16

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I don't care, what ever! They all look pretty much the same so whatever you want to choose is fine. Thanks! Robin

Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #17

By the way, for those of you who are egg owner wanna-bees, there are cabins available for rent, at $36/night and up. They have cabins that will sleep 8 people, and they are very comfortable.

Pam
Old 02-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #18

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
we would like to come.
we were there 8 years ago with ctoc and when we made reservations, the ladie told me that this
"is the best rv park in the country". since then we have been all over the lower 48 and we have
never been in a nicer park.
terrible herbst's in parump, nv is nice, but can't compare for size and spaciousness.
ya'll might know that this is part of the Hart Ranch. a large cattle ranch. of course in sd, they all
large.
we were given a tour of Custer State Park by the Olsen's of Custer (she was a Ranger there)
and we went thru the buffalo herd. John told us about the round up and have wanted to go
back for that ever since.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #19

Quote:
we would like to come.
we were there 8 years ago with ctoc and when we made reservations, the ladie told me that this
"is the best rv park in the country". since then we have been all over the lower 48 and we have
never been in a nicer park.
terrible herbst's in parump, nv is nice, but can't compare for size and spaciousness.
ya'll might know that this is part of the Hart Ranch. a large cattle ranch. of course in sd, they all
large.
we were given a tour of Custer State Park by the Olsen's of Custer (she was a Ranger there)
and we went thru the buffalo herd. John told us about the round up and have wanted to go
back for that ever since.
What site would you like? Do you have a camping membership? (RPI or CC)
Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #20

Quote:
I don't care, what ever! They all look pretty much the same so whatever you want to choose is fine. Thanks! Robin
Robin,

What about site 305?

Pam
Old 02-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #21

All,

We need to plan some events...I have a fire ring, sometimes campfires are not allowed in the black hills. However, there is a large ring that we can reserve for Friday night. We can plan a SMORES event...or a weinie roast...and then do a potluck/dutch oven cookoff on Saturday. There is another rally at the campground at this time...should we issue a cookoff challenge? Any excellent cooks in the bunch?

Or...we can borrow an idea that Robin had, and have steaks on Friday night. What do you all think? We can also reserve the picnic shelter...

Pam
Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #22

Pam 305 works for me! Thanks Robin

As far as a cook off....................... hmmmmmm........................... Please no dutch oven cook off, I have never even had mine out of the box! So I won't be able to help you all. A Pot Luck sounds great, but since we will be a small gathering how about everyone bring their own meat and a dish to share (sides).

As for maybe getting together with the other rally going on, we could invite them for smores or let me think on this a little. When Dh and I had the resort we did a scavenger hunt with the guests one year. Ran them all over the 20 acres and around the area. They had a great time and got competitive with other campers (all in good fun) on who was going to find all the clues. Not knowing the area up there it might be difficult but we might be able to pull it off anyway. We would need to get prizes for the winners but I think we should be able to work that out. Might have to get Hart Ranch to donate a 2 night stay or something!. hmmmmm let me think about this a little bit and see what I can come up with. Robin

Maybe even a ice cream social with them?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #23

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Quote:
What site would you like? Do you have a camping membership? (RPI or CC)
we are rpi, but we must wait to see how the "state of the state" is doing.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #24

Quote:
we are rpi, but we must wait to see how the "state of the state" is doing.
I think the rates for RPI are $8, (plus maybe that $2.50) they had some changes on the first of Jan. They said that you make your "reservation" with me, (to get your site no.) and then call them and tell them that you are with the rally.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Pam 305 works for me! Thanks Robin

As far as a cook off....................... hmmmmmm........................... Please no dutch oven cook off, I have never even had mine out of the box! So I won't be able to help you all. A Pot Luck sounds great, but since we will be a small gathering how about everyone bring their own meat and a dish to share (sides).

As for maybe getting together with the other rally going on, we could invite them for smores or let me think on this a little. When Dh and I had the resort we did a scavenger hunt with the guests one year. Ran them all over the 20 acres and around the area. They had a great time and got competitive with other campers (all in good fun) on who was going to find all the clues. Not knowing the area up there it might be difficult but we might be able to pull it off anyway. We would need to get prizes for the winners but I think we should be able to work that out. Might have to get Hart Ranch to donate a 2 night stay or something!. hmmmmm let me think about this a little bit and see what I can come up with. Robin

Maybe even a ice cream social with them?
Oh come on, Robin...you have about 7 months to perfect that DO recipe! time to dust off the DO, take it out of the box...season it...

I got shelter 1 reserved from 4-11 on Saturday. Do you'll think that will be early enough, or would you like it for all day?

The campfire (the BIG one) is not reservable until April, but there is lots of room on a few of the sites. I have a propane fire ring, does anyone else?

The other rally is the "mile high trailblazers" you know...a scavanger hunt might be kind of fun...Any kids or pets coming? I am bringing my basset...
Old 02-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #26

Pam, if I can get thru kitchen remodel I might give it a whirl. As for us, will for sure be bringing the fur babies. Two Doxies, One is getting to where it's day by day. But the other is a for sure. I think your timing is great. Some might want to explore the area during the day so that gives them time to do so. I think a camp fire in our sites would be ok, but see what others might think. I will have to check out what Mile High Trailblazer group is about. Might be a fun thing to do to get them involved in a scavenger hunt. Let me see what I can come up with. Robin
Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Pam, if I can get thru kitchen remodel I might give it a whirl. As for us, will for sure be bringing the fur babies. Two Doxies, One is getting to where it's day by day. But the other is a for sure. I think your timing is great. Some might want to explore the area during the day so that gives them time to do so. I think a camp fire in our sites would be ok, but see what others might think. I will have to check out what Mile High Trailblazer group is about. Might be a fun thing to do to get them involved in a scavenger hunt. Let me see what I can come up with. Robin
On the thought that you had about a prize from Hart Ranch, They are looking at seeing whether or not they can donate a 2 or 3 day visit to the resort. They should get back to me in the next day or so.

Pam
Old 02-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #28

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hi Pamela,

We are in the winter doldrums, so camping in SD at the end of Sept sounds great! We (Terry & Judy) would like site 303 (if it's not taken yet) from Sept 25 - Sept 28. We are not part of any groups you named, so let us know how & when to pay!

Tags
eggcamper