First Annual S.D. Egg Rally has been confirmed!! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #101

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
We are planning on rolling in on Thursday night provided that we make it with no problems. We are leaving Wednesday afternoon and stopping for the night in Nebraska at my wife's cousin. We will then drive the rest of the way on Thursday. We'll be in the minivan with the two cranky kids coming out of it!

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #102

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
We'll be in the minivan with the two cranky kids coming out of it!
LOL........................... See you there. Safe Journey!

Pam, glad your feeling a little better. We will try and be in early. I am shooting for leaving early Thru's morning.......................... If all goes as planned. Yep, I think your right, after a few ooooo'eeee, goooooo'eeeee smore's and a few Martini's who cares if they go together. I guess we will see how well they mix........... Can we say belly ache! LOL..............
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #103

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Pam,

Please send your address to judyprof[at]gmail.com & I'll send you a check for 4 nights!

Judy

Quote:
Judy,

We have been doing the payments through me because I have to cancel sites if people don't come, or pay if I don't- (which...could be...expensive) Some of the ladies at the front desk aren't familiar with rally procedures. If you want to send it to me that would be fine-then I pay for everyone at one time.

Pam
JJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #104

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
Pam,

Please send your address to judyprof[at]gmail.com & I'll send you a check for 4 nights!

Judy
Done!
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #105

I am excited!!! We are going to have an Egg Trailer, complements of Orlen!! This is coming together really well-though if anyone is thinking about adding on...(or coming in and hasn't reserved)please try to let me know by next monday, because I have to release reservations for those spots not reserved

Rally activities:
Smore's and martinis thursday night!!
More Smores and whatever Friday night...shall we do steaks or something?
Saturday-Potluck?
When shall we do a gift exchange?
How about a drawing for the 3 day 2 night Hart ranch camping?
How many are playing in Custer for the Buffalo run? (Me!! Me!!)

Only a week and a half to go!! Bad news-the pool looks like it will be closed by then...but I think we anticipated that.

Pam
Old 09-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #106

Pam, we are up for just about anything. The pool is not an issue for us.

Do we wanta grill steaks Friday Night? Or everyone can just eat together. Up to everyone else.

I figured for the Pot Luck I would grill chicken then put it in a crock pot with bbq sauce. Seems like meat dishes are harder to come by plus some other kinda of dish which I will figure out later.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #107

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
I am feverishly sewing some curtains right now. Two more windows to go! I might tackle the floor before we go but I'm not too sure about that. I'd like to put in cork but I'm not too sure what to do about the edges as I don't want to lift all of the seats and everything for it to go underneath.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #108

Quote:
I am feverishly sewing some curtains right now. Two more windows to go! I might tackle the floor before we go but I'm not too sure about that. I'd like to put in cork but I'm not too sure what to do about the edges as I don't want to lift all of the seats and everything for it to go underneath.
I reminded my hubby about the rally...and he said..."what do we have to do to get ready...???"

I said..."hmm"...look in the trailer...hanging cabinet doors would be nice...flooring would be nice...and about 2 dozen other things...

Sewing? do you sew? I don't...embarassed to show you my "drapes"!! They now clash with my other goodies I picked up at wal-mart-I think I need to work on my color scheme!! (Purple and maroon...) Started with Maroon-couldn't find any goodies that I liked...so going away from the maroon.

Of course...mine is a work in progress. I should have Dave bring some early photos of our egg.
No windows...no vent...no appliances...cabinets...foam...etc.

Pam
Old 09-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #109

Quote:
Pam, we are up for just about anything. The pool is not an issue for us.

Do we wanta grill steaks Friday Night? Or everyone can just eat together. Up to everyone else.

I figured for the Pot Luck I would grill chicken then put it in a crock pot with bbq sauce. Seems like meat dishes are harder to come by plus some other kinda of dish which I will figure out later.
Steaks sound really good to me...should we all bring our own....or send someone over to Sam's club...or ...

No one has sounded interested in my green chili...(melt the spoon green chili..) (For the potluck) Is that because no one read the suggestion, or everyone ran away screaming when they heard hot?

Robin...chicken sounds really good!!

Pam
Old 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #110

Bryan, perhaps Gina D's solution would work for you.Gina D's post on flooring trip solution

Sam's Club? Yeah........................... then I don't have to figure out where to try and keep chicken cold till Sat.

Green Chili? Yummmmmmmmmmy, Rod and I are always up for green Chili ( sorry didn't see where you said you make it)

Pam, the chicken is easy to do and as I said is a meat dish. I will make something else but I will wait to figure out what. Have you figured out how many of us yet? Thanks Robin
Old 09-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #111

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I am excited!!! We are going to have an Egg Trailer, complements of Orlen!! This is coming together really well-though if anyone is thinking about adding on...(or coming in and hasn't reserved)please try to let me know by next monday, because I have to release reservations for those spots not reserved

Rally activities:
Smore's and martinis thursday night!!
More Smores and whatever Friday night...shall we do steaks or something?
Saturday-Potluck?
When shall we do a gift exchange?
How about a drawing for the 3 day 2 night Hart ranch camping?
How many are playing in Custer for the Buffalo run? (Me!! Me!!)

Only a week and a half to go!! Bad news-the pool looks like it will be closed by then...but I think we anticipated that.

Pam
This being my first "egg" rally, I'm also open to just about anything.
I'm not a martini drinker so I guess I'll bring frozen pina coladas Friday night.
I do plan to go to the buffalo roundup on Monday.
Is there a cost suggestion for the gift exchange?
Steaks on Friday and a Pot Luck Saturday sound good. Should I bring my own or will we all chip in and have someone go buy them?

Thom
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #112

Steaks sound good for Friday ... and should we bring our own?

We were planning to make chilie for the pot luck, but not if there is going to be green chile! So let me know by Tuesday, since that is when we are planning to leave Madison.

Judy
Old 09-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #113

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette Deluxe / 1997 Toyota T-100
Sorry to miss this we will be in SD the week after will wave to anyone we see with a FIBER.
Dave
D Tharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #114

All,

For the potluck, red chili is fine!! I will bring green chili- Robin is bringing bbq chicken...we need some salads/sides, deserts... (maybe one more meat dish?) I may try to do a peach cobbler-but without a campfire...havent done the dutch oven version on a cooktop.

Lets get the steaks at Sams, and everyone throw in money-if thats ok with everyone. This way we don't have to keep it cool, and we will have the same type for everyone and we don't have to figure out who brought the tbone and the ribeye...and the filet...

Hart Ranch told me that they have a problem with the covered shelter reservation. We have been reserved for 8 months, but someone didn't write down the other rally's reservation which has been since november.

We can go to shelter 2 which is in the Meadowlands, (other side of the Park,) or just have it at our site-what is everyone's thought? I think we should reserve the shelter in the event that there is bad weather-

Pam

Old 09-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #115

Pam, If everyone wants to stay in Camp instead of moving everything to the 2nd pavilion option, I have an Easy Up (not sooooooo easy to put up!) But if I can get some help putting it up, then we can move it anywhere to use it for cover in case of weather issues. Up to you guys what you want to do. Your idea of getting steak there is probably a good one. Make it easy! I will make Ranch Beans for Friday night. Not to hot, but spicy yummy cheesy beans that go well with steak and super easy to make.

Seems like the last few weeks have flown by, and we will be heading to SD next week, Hope everyone has safe journey! See you there.

P.S Pam are you feeling better?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #116

Quote:
Pam, If everyone wants to stay in Camp instead of moving everything to the 2nd pavilion option, I have an Easy Up (not sooooooo easy to put up!) But if I can get some help putting it up, then we can move it anywhere to use it for cover in case of weather issues. Up to you guys what you want to do. Your idea of getting steak there is probably a good one. Make it easy! I will make Ranch Beans for Friday night. Not to hot, but spicy yummy cheesy beans that go well with steak and super easy to make.

Seems like the last few weeks have flown by, and we will be heading to SD next week, Hope everyone has safe journey! See you there.

P.S Pam are you feeling better?
Robin & Pam,

I also have an Easy-Up that I will bring along.

Thom
Old 09-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #117

Terry & I will make ham & beans for the potluck. Steaks sound fine and we'll chip in what we need to. Would everyone like a spinach salad for Friday to go along wth the steaks?

Judy
Old 09-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #118

Quote:
Robin & Pam,

I also have an Easy-Up that I will bring along.

Thom
Tom, Oh good, then we can help each other put the darn things up. Mines new so it's still a struggle to get it up (or at least that's what I have determined from a Easy Up post topic. I hope their right, that with time it will become easier.)

[b]Judy, spinach salad sounds wonderful. Actually food in general is wonderful! See you soon.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #119

Quote:
Steaks sound really good to me...should we all bring our own....or send someone over to Sam's club...or ...

No one has sounded interested in my green chili...(melt the spoon green chili..) (For the potluck) Is that because no one read the suggestion, or everyone ran away screaming when they heard hot?

Pam
I sound interested in your green chili...looking forward to it.
David
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #120

Quote:

Pam

Pam,
I am also looking forward to trying your green chili.
Thom

Tags
eggcamper