First Annual S.D. Egg Rally has been confirmed!! - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #121

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:

Pam,
I am also looking forward to trying your green chili.
Thom
Ok!!!I will bring green chili-someone bring a fire extinguisher!! I also have an easy up, and mastered the erection process, after breaking my first one... <LOL> Walmart takes back anything!!

Is anyone coming before Thursday?

I look forward to meeting everyone! Robin- I am feeling better-but suspect I caught that flu-its been 4 weeks and still have respiratory issues. Its gone, but have residual issues. My chili should burn out the remainder!

Did anyone find out how much Hart ranch was charging for their transportation for the round-up?

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #122

Site Reservations:

Pam and Dave Hobden site 350
Thom Rowland site 304
Robin and Rod site 305
Terry and Judy Jones site 303
Sharon and david site 332
Jim and Connie site 333
Norma and Lee Sen site 340
Orlen and Carolyn Wolf Site 306
Ed Smith Site 307
Bryan-Bryan-I need your site number...am checking

If I miss anyone-please yell!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #123

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Site Reservations:

Thom Rowland site 304
Robin and Rod site 305
Jim and Connie site 333
Ed Smith Site 307

For our meal contributions, Sharon & I, and Jim (Connie unfortunately is unable to attend) will bring a pasta hot dish, and 3 pecan pies. Steaks sound great!

We're looking forward to our time with you. Roundup sounds like great fun from what I've read on the internet.
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #124

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Back on page 5 of this thread I requested site 331 because someone else had given it up. Hope that saves you "checking" time.

Quote:
Site Reservations:

Thom Rowland site 304
Robin and Rod site 305
Jim and Connie site 333
Ed Smith Site 307

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #125

Trailer: 1999 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I am excited!!! ...
Only a week and a half to go!! Bad news-the pool looks like it will be closed by then...but I think we anticipated that.

Pam
Hello Everyone,
Rick and I are excited to be attending our first Egg Rally and doing our first big camping trip in our Scamp! I'm sorry we'll be missing the Smores and Martini night, maybe someone will indulge me on Saturday night too

We'll be arriving on Saturday. I sent my Money to Pam but I'm not sure at which camp site we'll be located. Is there anything I need to have at the camp ground entrance to gain access?

I'll be sure to have a salad to share for the pot luck.
We're looking forward to meeting everyone!
Dawn
Dawn Gundermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #126

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Dawn. you guys have a safe trip. And yep we can do Martini's on Saturday. Look forward to it. See you there. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #127

Quote:
Dawn. you guys have a safe trip. And yep we can do Martini's on Saturday. Look forward to it. See you there. Robin
Hey guys!!!

Only one day left for some of you guys!! Keep in mind-check in is by 5, or call and do late check in. The resort is supposed to have your name and sites so just say you are with the SD Egg Rally, and give your name...you should be all set.

They told me that there will be $1.16 tax per night-I apologize, this is new, and I will cover it for anyone that has heartburn about it...I would understand if you do. Don't give it to the resort...we can straighten out this weekend. They tried to go up to $22.50 plus tax...a change in management since the rally was scheduled...and I have talked repeatly with them so they will honor the $21-but tax is not negotiable...to them.

Looks like they will be busy this weekend, the roundup is bringing people out. If you want to book seats on their bus, it is $22 per person, cc reserved. Their phone no. is 605-399-2582.
For me, and 4 people, $88 is too much for a half hour drive. BUT, remember, there is a $15 charge for a week's pass into Custer State park. Maybe we can ride/drive together? I have a suburban which seats 6...anyone is welcome to ride.

Mt. Rushmore has no entrance fee, but has a $10 parking fee-
Crazy horse does have an entrance fee, it is privately ran-don't know what it is.
Bear country, if it is still open is $55
Reptile Garden is across the street from the turn off of Mt rushmore road...fees somewhat reasonable.

Does everyone have directions? it is apprx. 3-4 mi off of Mt. Rushmore rd. It is NOT the campground right off of Mt. rushmore rd across from Reptile gardens. However, the turn for it is there. I think that resort is happy holidays CG-if you turn like you are going into it, but parallel it to the end of the little road, make a left, then you will make a left just passed this little restaurant and supposedly a B &B that is forsale...(very close to Mt. Rushmore rd-(which is hwy 16 I think) There is a sign for Hart ranch at that turn.

You will go down a little country rd, you will pass condos, hart ranch golf course, and then will see Hart Ranch Camping resort on the right. (Turn) follow that road, it will turn to the left, and then stay to the left into the resort.

Please PLEASE call the resort if you are going to come in after 5pm- They will have packets for you. If you come in Thursday, you will probably get there before me- But CALL ME if you have any questions about anything. If you need my phone number, PM me or leave a message here on the thread. I will check prior to going to bed tonight.

Pam
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #128

Quote:
For our meal contributions, Sharon & I, and Jim (Connie unfortunately is unable to attend) will bring a pasta hot dish, and 3 pecan pies. Steaks sound great!

We're looking forward to our time with you. Roundup sounds like great fun from what I've read on the internet.
Pasta and Pecan Pies...sounds Yummy!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #129

Thanks for the well wishes, Robin! I'm looking forward to a Martini! Pam, I PM'd you for camp site 334. If you didn't get the message please let me know, otherwise, as I said before, any site will work for us just fine

Any recommendations from people on where we might want to stay in or near Sioux Falls, SD?

We look forward to meeting you all on Saturday.
Dawn
Old 09-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #130

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Quote:
Any recommendations from people on where we might want to stay in or near Sioux Falls, SD?

Dawn
Palisades State Park at Garretson is very nice. Exit 410 off I-90. We have stayed at the KOA in Sioux Falls several years ago and it is okay, but expensive as is Yogi Bear. Tower Campground in the middle of town is awful. Don't have any information on the Sioux Empire Fair Campground, but it has low ratings in a national directory.

We are so sorry to have missed the South Dakota gathering. Will be with you in spirit if not in body.
Maybe next year!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #131

We will take pictures!! Also...guys...make sure your heaters are working...its nippy in SD this week!

Pam
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #132

Robin,

I sent you a text message by phone with my phone no.

Pam
Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #133

Thanks Pam! Extra blankie's! Same here in Colorado this week.

Everyone have a safe journey to the rally. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Orlen, I think I am gonna go up 25 to Lusk exit then over into SD (mapquest it and that seems to be the best direction) We will see! Some friends of mine just came down from that area last week and they said 85 was full of road work. So I will try this direction, see you guys soon.

Vivian, Sorry you won't be joining us, but hopefully next year.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #134

Quote:
Thanks Pam! Extra blankie's! Same here in Colorado this week.

Everyone have a safe journey to the rally. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Orlen, I think I am gonna go up 25 to Lusk exit then over into SD (mapquest it and that seems to be the best direction) We will see! Some friends of mine just came down from that area last week and they said 85 was full of road work. So I will try this direction, see you guys soon.

Vivian, Sorry you won't be joining us, but hopefully next year.
Robin...I am in denver tonight
lots of driving tomorrow
Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #135

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes, Robin! I'm looking forward to a Martini! Pam, I PM'd you for camp site 334. If you didn't get the message please let me know, otherwise, as I said before, any site will work for us just fine

Dawn
Dawn,
Just to make sure you got the PM, I have you in site 334-

Pam
Old 09-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #136

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Dawn,

Hey, we're from Madison also! Can't wait to meet you & Rick. Terry & I arrived today (thursday - as we are retired!)

Judy & Terry

JJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #137

Quote:
Palisades State Park at Garretson is very nice. Exit 410 off I-90. We have stayed at the KOA in Sioux Falls several years ago and it is okay, but expensive as is Yogi Bear. Tower Campground in the middle of town is awful. Don't have any information on the Sioux Empire Fair Campground, but it has low ratings in a national directory.

We are so sorry to have missed the South Dakota gathering. Will be with you in spirit if not in body.
Maybe next year!
Great! Thanks for the recommendations, we're going to stay at Palisades I'm sorry that you can't make it, I look forward to meeting you at future rallies!
Dawn
Old 09-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #138

Quote:
Dawn,

Hey, we're from Madison also! Can't wait to meet you & Rick. Terry & I arrived today (thursday - as we are retired!)

Judy & Terry
How fun and what a great way to meet another Madisonian We'll see you tomorrow!
Dawn
Old 09-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #139

Woooooo Hoooooooo! It was a great time in South Dakota, what a beautiful area to have a rally. Saw some great fiberglass as well as some wonderful sites! Enjoyed meeting everyone! Orlen please post your pic's of the rally. Of course I forgot my camera ( so not unusual! ).

Hope everyone had/has a safe journey home.

Pam, thanks for hosting all of us. Hart Ranch is a beautiful place. How did the trailer do going home?

Bryan, So did you make it home in time to play the volleyball game?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #140

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Haha, I was scheduled to play at 6:30 PM and we rolled in to the parking lot (with trailer still, right from the road) at 6:29. It was perfect! The trailer was fine going home. We had a really strong tailwind so I was able to put in a lower gear and really make up some time.

I also had a great time. I was really impressed with all that there was to do in the area and my wife absolutely loved the camper. That was a big deal since she wasn't too hot on me buying it in the first place. We're already planning our next weekend a little closer to home.

Thanks to Pam and Robin for organizing and especially to Pam for allowing us to share Hart Ranch with you. What a great place. I really enjoyed checking out everyone's eggs while we were there. Thank you to everyone for making Eli's fifth birthday special. At the end of the day on Saturday we asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said he liked the carrot cake the most! "It didn't even taste like carrots!"

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper