First Annual S.D. Egg Rally has been confirmed!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Cool

Okay, Everyone!! Its official! We are registered for the First annual S.D. Egg Rally from the 25th of September thru the 28th of September, 2009!! The map of sites is at:

http://www.hartranchresort.com/images/big_rv_map.pdf

We have available to us spaces 303-307 and 331-350. If we have more than 25 reservations, they can accomodate us, you just might be a bit separated. In order to reserve, I have to coordinate the event. Please PM me if you need phone numbers or addresses. Like with the other rallies, just post here what site you want, and then we will update it. Let me know if you are an RPI, CtC or hart ranch member. Those reservations are done thru the resort, but we still need to check you off on our site list.

The buffalo roundup is the 28th of September, in Custer state park. We will have to come up with some ideas on activities...such as a DO cookoff or something as such. I will start the ball rolling: We will be in site 350! Next?
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Joe and Vivian would like to have site #331 from 9/25 through 9/28. We are not members of any of the groups you mention. How do you want us to pay? Thank you very much for putting this together.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Were in! I will call tomarow and make a reservation........ Hopefully I will be able to get on to the map site, Never did get it to come up. Hmmmm. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Were in! I will call tomarow and make a reservation........ Hopefully I will be able to get on to the map site, Never did get it to come up. Hmmmm. Robin
With the number of people involved, Hart ranch has the coordinator i.e. me, handle reservations and payment, then I pay for the group in entirety. I am a bit unsure as how to handle coast to coast or RPI, so if anyone is a member, let me know and I will work the details with the resort. Members to the resort are $2.50 per day, I think I posted coast to coast and rpi rates, and I think they need that utility charge also, ($2.50). non member fees are around $21 per day.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #5

Try www.hartranchresort.com and go to their site map from there.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #6

Pam, I still can't get to the site map..... So you are the one I need to make a reservation with. OK, hmmmm If I could get the darn map to come up I would pick a site. I will keep trying. Robin
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Pam, I still can't get to the site map..... So you are the one I need to make a reservation with. OK, hmmmm If I could get the darn map to come up I would pick a site. I will keep trying. Robin
The map should just come up. Anyone else having problems? Maybe a software problem? It is a pdf...Do you have acrobat?

Pam

Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #8

Pam, that map and I are gonna go to war! I tried every which way to save it, open it, etc................... Still no map. I also tried to go to their site and save it, open it, ect........... Still no luck! I can see the darn little thing, but can't get it to become full page. grrrrrrrrr! I am over it! So if you would pick us a site full hook ups please, 30 amp. Just so were not backed up the the bathrooms/shower cause my little fur baby would drive me to drink if she had an audience to entertain. Thanks Robin
Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 AM   #9

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
http://www.hartranchresort.com/sites_and_cabins.html

Try this.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:34 AM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Pam, that map and I are gonna go to war! I tried every which way to save it, open it, etc................... Still no map.
It's a PDF. If you're on a PC, right-click the link and save the PDF to your desktop. Open in Adobe Reader. You can manipulate the zoom in Reader. If you need the free reader or an upgrade, get it here: Adobe Reader
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Please count me in. I think site 304 is the one I would like.
Thom Rowland

Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:02 AM   #12

Thanks Donna, I think it's my Adobe Reader thats an issue. Last night I thought about it, with my new computer I don't think it's downloaded. Or if it is, I need to reload and try again. Robin
Old 02-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #13

Ok...
So far, we have:

Pam and Dave site 350
Joe and Vivian site 331
Thom Rowland site 304
Robin site ?

Ok...we need lots more...we need to fill in some spots.

Name:   hart_ranch1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  61.0 KB

is this readable to you Robin? The sites are in the lower right hand of the map. Someone had an idea of going to the sales presentation, Hart ranch offers a 4 day 3 night for 39.95 deal, which would be cheaper than $21 per day. If there is any interest, I could check with the resort and see if they could set up a group presentation, and we would have to make sure that you are registered for the rally. The sites would be handled thru here. I would have to check for further details.

Pam
Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #14

Pam, No couldn't get your link to enlarge, and never have got it to open with my computer. Actually I am over it, I have deleted and reloaded the program, still hiding the darn map. But was able to go on a friends computer and see it. And actually I really don't care what site you put me in. Just put me somewhere with a full hook up. Thanks Robin
Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Pam, No couldn't get your link to enlarge, and never have got it to open with my computer. Actually I am over it, I have deleted and reloaded the program, still hiding the darn map. But was able to go on a friends computer and see it. And actually I really don't care what site you put me in. Just put me somewhere with a full hook up. Thanks Robin

Robin,
do you want an end site or an inner site?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #16

I don't care, what ever! They all look pretty much the same so whatever you want to choose is fine. Thanks! Robin
Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #17

By the way, for those of you who are egg owner wanna-bees, there are cabins available for rent, at $36/night and up. They have cabins that will sleep 8 people, and they are very comfortable.

Pam
Old 02-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #18

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
we would like to come.
we were there 8 years ago with ctoc and when we made reservations, the ladie told me that this
"is the best rv park in the country". since then we have been all over the lower 48 and we have
never been in a nicer park.
terrible herbst's in parump, nv is nice, but can't compare for size and spaciousness.
ya'll might know that this is part of the Hart Ranch. a large cattle ranch. of course in sd, they all
large.
we were given a tour of Custer State Park by the Olsen's of Custer (she was a Ranger there)
and we went thru the buffalo herd. John told us about the round up and have wanted to go
back for that ever since.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #19

Quote:
we would like to come.
we were there 8 years ago with ctoc and when we made reservations, the ladie told me that this
"is the best rv park in the country". since then we have been all over the lower 48 and we have
never been in a nicer park.
terrible herbst's in parump, nv is nice, but can't compare for size and spaciousness.
ya'll might know that this is part of the Hart Ranch. a large cattle ranch. of course in sd, they all
large.
we were given a tour of Custer State Park by the Olsen's of Custer (she was a Ranger there)
and we went thru the buffalo herd. John told us about the round up and have wanted to go
back for that ever since.
What site would you like? Do you have a camping membership? (RPI or CC)
Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #20

Quote:
I don't care, what ever! They all look pretty much the same so whatever you want to choose is fine. Thanks! Robin
Robin,

What about site 305?

Pam

Tags
eggcamper