Florida Scampcamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2007, 04:57 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Hi all,
I haven't seen any mention of the Florida Scampcamp coming up next month. It will be at Highlands Hammock State Park near Sebring, Florida. It will be from February 6-10, 2007. Last year there were around 65 fiberglass campers there and 120+ people. It is a blast with potluck dinners, campfires, music, and the fabled trailer tours. The weather is great in Florida this time of year......something to consider!
Chris L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Burro
it this just for Scamps or are other eggs welcolm? anyother info?
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #3

Registry
It ends up being predominately Scamps, but anyone in fiberglass is welcome. It is also a good chance to see a lot of different fiberglass trailers for those that are interested in someday buying one. Anyone can also become a memeber of S.O.I. (Scamp Owners Internation). If you are traveling through Florida then, snag a campsite and join in on the fun!
Old 01-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #4

Registry
If anyone is interested in joining Scamp Owners Internations, there is information on the website at: www.scampcampers.com
They have a quarterly newsletter with all the different gatherings, news, modifications, and interesting stories of travels, etc....
Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
This might be of interest to us, how do we register if it fits in?????????
Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #6

Registry
Hi,
One does need to be a memeber of S.O.I. to register for this event, but anyone with fiberglass is certainly welcome to just show up! The more the merrier as it is always a fun event.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 13 ft / 2005 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Scallan
I"m driving to Backus MN next month to pick up my new 13 Ft Scamp. I did not know of this group..I wish I had, since I've had lots of questions about Scamps and not too much info in reply. The largest issue I have, and is still a mistery to me....will I be able to pull the 13 with my 2004 Jeep Wrangler, 6 Cylndr? I think so, but no one has given me a assured "YES" to that question. I installed air bags in the springs, this way I can "pump up" the rear end if I need to, I had a very good brake controller installed on the Jeep and of course I"m getting brakes on the trailer, the motor has enough power, I'm just not sure about the short wheel base and potential swaying of the trailer in high winds...I may need to install a anti sway bar.

Anyone with info on this situation, please advise me...also, can some one tell me how I can keep up with the ScampCamps etc....Thanks

Bob

rescallan@yahoo.com
Robert Scallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Robert,

A definitive YES. You can pull a 13 footer with your Jeep. I know of a number of folks that do so. I don't know about sway but you could always add a sway bar if you find it's needed, $100 simple and easy.

As far as Fiberglas gatherings whether they be Scamps, Casitas, Boler, Uhaul etc. , there are a number of sites to monitor plus the SOI newsletter.

Sites would be:

1. This one
2. Yahoo Groups...there's a Scamper and Boler site that I know of
3. Casitaclub.com

There are most likely others that I don't monitor or know about but the three I mentioned seem adequate to me plus I am an SOI member so I have 4 sources.

Also realize most of folks that have gatherings don't care what Brand of trailer you have. The big Florida gathering has lots of Scamps because it started out as a ScampCamp I don't believe you are required to be an SOI member it's more that you won't know about it unless you get the SOI newsletter. The Florida gathering is primarily advertized in the SOI newsletter. SOI has lots of members who have other than Scamp trailers.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 13 ft / 2005 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Scallan
Talking

Thanks...how do I join the SOI?

LIFE IS GOOD!
Robert Scallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
hi Bob
it is prety easy to join SOI but you really do not have to to go to thier outings. needed for raffles i think.
http://www.scampcamper.com/membership/2007...-membership.pdf
is a mebership form
newsletter lets you catch up with some people you get to know along the way
http://www.scampcamper.com/
I have a Castia and a since i end up at lot of Scamp campps i said why not become a memeber.
hope this helps
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #11

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
I have been looking for some photos of the Feb 07 Scamp Camp but havn't seen any. If I had gone I would have posted some. nudge nudge
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote