Fort Langley, BC - Meet Sept 16 -18 2011 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2011, 12:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Fort Langley, BC - Meet Sept 16 -18 2011

The registration for the fall 2011 Nor-West Glass Eggs Meet has been set up. Some of the events planned are: meet & greet social, trailer tours, potluck, draw prizes.....

Dates: Sept 16 -18 2011

New to this meet is that in additon to making reservation directly with Fort Camping you need to register for the meet as well. Before making your reservations with the Fort please read the registration information here first: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hIS2c6MQ#gid=0

This meet is open to all fiberglass trailer enthusiasts new and old!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
WATCH OUT ....for us, here we come AGAIN

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Info about fruits, vegetables, etc. crossing the border into Canada.

We usually buy a four pound box of strawberries, a couple of white cakes and whipped cream containers, and provide strawberry shortcake for the event potlucks, but I can't seem to find (or understand) the rules about bringing such food stuffs from the US into Canada.

I assume that the Ft. Langley grocery store is still not back in operation, so if we need to buy our fresh fruits and vegetables after we enter BC, we will have to drive back to Langley to buy them?

Can someone clarify the do's and don't's for us?

Mike Price
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #4

Registry
Mike, as far as I know, fresh fruits and vegies are not allowed into Canada or back into the US. The quaint l'il supermarket in Ft. Langley is still no where near being rebuilt. Port Kells is another area where there are supermarkets, but still a fair drive BACK to there if you elect to get to the Fort first before going shoping. There are many roadside stands along many of the roads in the area of the Fort which could provide what you're looking for.
Might I suggest that you find a supermarket on your way into Ft. Langley and make your purchase(s) there to avoid a return trip (of some milage) to acquire your goods??? (Another option for you might be to arrange another item to provide for the pot-luck???)

If you could provide your choice of portal entry into Canada, and type of outlet(s) you are looking for, perhaps myself or someone else attending could direct you to a 'sustance station' before you get to Braie Island
Old 09-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #5

Registry
Mike you will be fine with the wipping cream and cake mix extra buts it the strawberrys that will be the issue - any unprocessed fruits cause trouble but if they are cleaned and chopped up you should be fine with them.

You may also pass some fruit stands on your way to the Fort but you will find the strawberrys in Langley also.

Or you could call the border information services to confirm:

Border Information Service (BIS)
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #6

Registry
The week-end is looking like its going to be a fun end of summer rally! Great warm weather holding - 35 trailers registered!

Looking forward to seeing every one at the Loud summer shirt social on Friday night!

Nor-West Glass Eggs - Check our page and photos out on Facebook
Old 09-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #7

Name: Michel
Trailer: trillium
British Columbia
Hi Carol
I will like to know if there is a specific time for the trailer tour on Saturday. We do have a 1972 Trillium and unable to go camping on that week end. We will like to go take a look at other fiberglass trailer to see what other people did or restore there trailer
Tx you
Michel
North Vancouver
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #8

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 19' 1977 BIGGAR
British Columbia
Hey Carol

I've got a question for you or anyone who has been to Fort Camping. (I tried to ask the staff over the phone at the Fort Camping office but they weren't able to help me for some reason.)

Our Boler's 110v system has a standard 110V plug on the end of the extension cord. The same as we would use in the house.

Fort Camping told me their power receptacles are 30A and 50A. Do they use the "RV" plug which is a round ground pin with two angled pins below it? OR do they also have standard "household" receptacles at the sites?

RV plug 30A (30a 125V 2pole 3wire figure TT receptacle) looks like:

Hoping to find out soon so we can be sure to have power on the weekend.

Thanks!
Clayton

FOLLOWUP/EDIT: I talked with another person at Fort Camping and they THINK it's the plug in the photo above but no one seems to be able to tell me for sure. lol
calindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #9

Registry
The power MAY be with you, LOL!!!

NOT Carol, but....

Any campground we've stayed at/in with electricity usually have two different plugs. The usual extension cord and one like the one you have posted.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #10

Registry
As Doug has mentioned they also do have 110V plugs to use but just in case you ever camp at a place that doesnt (I have) you may want to invest (or wait until the prize draw) for an adapter you can put on your trailer plug to change it so it will plug into 30A - you can buy them at Walmart.

Yes the 30A plug looks like what you have pictured.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel View Post
Hi Carol
I will like to know if there is a specific time for the trailer tour on Saturday. We do have a 1972 Trillium and unable to go camping on that week end. We will like to go take a look at other fiberglass trailer to see what other people did or restore there trailer
Tx you
Michel
North Vancouver
Michel the trailers will be open for tours from 10:30Am to 12PM on Saturday but if you come after that time most people are happy to show there trailers if they are around.

Carol
Check out the Nor-West Glass Eggs on Facebook
Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #12

Name: Michel
Trailer: trillium
British Columbia
Tx you for the info
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #13

Name: Pam
Trailer: 2004 Escape 17A
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Price View Post

We usually buy a four pound box of strawberries, a couple of white cakes and whipped cream containers, and provide strawberry shortcake for the event potlucks, but I can't seem to find (or understand) the rules about bringing such food stuffs from the US into Canada.

I assume that the Ft. Langley grocery store is still not back in operation, so if we need to buy our fresh fruits and vegetables after we enter BC, we will have to drive back to Langley to buy them?

Can someone clarify the do's and don't's for us?

Mike Price
Hi Mike,
An alternative would be to take the Aldergrove border crossing at Lynden and follow that straight north. There is a Save-On-Foods store in Aldergrove at the SW corner of Fraser Hwy.(about 4 miles - or the second set of lights - from the border) The trick for that is that you have to make a left turn at the street BEFORE the lights, and you might want to park there behind the store (across from the fire station) rather than going into the parking lot which has killer speed bumps! As you continue north on 264th, you will also come to a fruit/veg stand on your left at the next set of lights (another 3 or 4 miles north) just before you cross over the freeway. You can either head WEST on the freeway to 232nd St exit which takes you down into Fort Langley, or stay on the highway from the border (264th St) and follow it all the way down to the river, make a left on River Road (88th Ave) and that will take you into the Fort. Both routes offer a bit of a tour of the countryside, yet are fairly direct. Check it out on Google Maps. It is actually more straightforward than I have made it sound!
Pam
PamS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #14

Registry
Thanks to everyone (37 trailers) who turned out at Fort Langley this past week-end and helped make it a fun meet! Even though we did get a lot of rain over night & into early morning - it didnt slow anyone or the events down. Special thanks to those who helped by orginizing or put on the various events and workshops. Couldn't do it without you!!!

A first for this meet was that we held a garage sale and one fellow only came for that and only brought one item to sell - a 17' Bigfoot and Yes he sold it - actually sold it before the formal garage sale even started! We now have a meet member with a 13' Boler for sale! ;-)

Photos of the week-end have been posted to the Nor-West Glass Eggs Facebook page.

Will post details soon for our next Nor-West Glass Eggs meet which will be a 3 day event late June or early July next year at the Sons of Norway Campground just outside of Mission, B.C.

Our meets are open to anyone who is intreasted in fiberglass trailers, who does or does not currently own one, anyone who once owned one or who wants to own one or anyone who just likes to hang out with people who own them! :-)
Old 09-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #15

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Thanks to everyone (37 trailers) who turned out at Fort Langley this past week-end and helped make it a fun meet! Even though we did get a lot of rain over night & into early morning - it didnt slow anyone or the events down. Special thanks to those who helped by orginizing or put on the various events and workshops. Couldn't do it without you!!!

A first for this meet was that we held a garage sale and one fellow only came for that and only brought one item to sell - a 17' Bigfoot and Yes he sold it - actually sold it before the formal garage sale even started! We now have a meet member with a 13' Boler for sale! ;-)

Photos of the week-end have been posted to the Nor-West Glass Eggs Facebook page.

Will post details soon for our next Nor-West Glass Eggs meet which will be a 3 day event late June or early July next year at the Sons of Norway Campground just outside of Mission, B.C.

Our meets are open to anyone who is intreasted in fiberglass trailers, who does or does not currently own one, anyone who once owned one or who wants to own one or anyone who just likes to hang out with people who own them! :-)
Thanks and amen to your last statement. Just don't stick the non-fiberglass rigs out at the ends. We DO have feelings 'ya know!!
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron N View Post
Thanks and amen to your last statement. Just don't stick the non-fiberglass rigs out at the ends. We DO have feelings 'ya know!!
LOL as you know Ron that wasnt my idea! Dont worry next meet you can be where ever you want to be.