Georgia Spring Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #29

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Don,

Pine Mountain looks interesting because of Callaway Gardens. Can I assume we would see some kind of flowers and green stuff there?

You are concerned about cold and wind and I am sweating the thought that it will be far too warm for us if we come on down.

We are just now playing with the idea of driving south, getting the Scamp out of the snow could be interesting, but the heat issue is really a concern as we only have a fan.

Thanks for all the looking around you have been doing. People haven't said if they would object to Easter, I suppose they would. I'll keep watching to see where and when, then see how far it would be to drive.

Nancy

Old 03-08-2007, 05:44 AM   #30

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Sounds like a great place how are the black knats in that area in April? We were camping near there at Skagway Island in April and were constantly bothered by the black knats.

Don
I've been there three times, mainly in the summer. I never was bothered by gnats or mosquitoes. Not saying they aren't there...just that I've never been bothered by them while I was in the park.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:04 AM   #31

Trailer: 1995 Casita Liberty Deluxe / 2005 Isuzu Ascender
Hi Don,

You might want to check out Skidaway Island SP. Have been to the park but have not stayed. Lots to do within 1/2 hour. We are in TN for a week but could get more info if you like.

Link might help!

http://gastateparks.org/info/skidaway/

Dick
Old 03-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #32

Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
Sounds like a great place how are the black knats in that area in April? We were camping near there at Skagway Island in April and were constantly bothered by the black knats.

Don
Quote:
I've been there three times, mainly in the summer. I never was bothered by gnats or mosquitoes. Not saying they aren't there...just that I've never been bothered by them while I was in the park.
There are times of the year when you can't inhale with your mouth open if you want to avoid swallowing massive numbers of gnatty bugs. The ants absolutely love the place and its rough on low hung four footers. Other than that, its a great park.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:10 PM   #33

Name: Terry and Susan
Trailer: 17 ft 2015 Independence Casita
North Carolina
As I have been following this and I understand that a campgound has not been set in stone yet. If I am wrong please correct me. Why not wait till June when all the other East Coast, Florida, Indiana, Texas rallies are over with. Seems to be already a few rallies in April and May so why not wait till June when nothing else has been planned . June 8-9 would be good with a short break from the Memorial Day camping weekend and before Father's Day when many want to be home or with families.

Mountains are beautiful at that time of year and the Mountain Laurel's are out in full bloom.

Just a suggestion....
Old 03-18-2007, 06:47 PM   #34

Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13 ft / 2003 Honda Element EX 2wd
Hi all, sorry for not replying sooner as I've been in central Georgia and not near any wi-fi sites. I'm staying at a hotel for a overnight and have the opportunity to catch-up.

I'm still interested in a potential Georgia rally, hopefully in April. If someone could email me directly when one is discovered I would appreciate it, my email address should be posted on my profile. This as I'll be on my blackberry again after today for a few more weeks until I'm settled into my recently purchase home in South Florida.

Has anyone considered the Tallulah Gorge/Dillard area of Georgia? they have a combination of both private and state park-run campgrounds in the Smoky Mountains with a lot of cool things to see and do there. I'm planning a last minute weekend get-away there this week. so long as everything plans out well for it!

Gary Michalosky
Parkland, FL
Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #35

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft.5 ft
I am newbie to posting on this forum. Does anyone know where Don/Chattanooga is? I am anxiously waiting for a date and a place for the rally. We have never attended a "fiberglass" rally. Can not wait to see other fiberglass trailers.

If anyone has any info, please post.

Just worried about Don. Hope everything is okay.

Barbara of Nashville TN
Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #36

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft.5 ft
Unhappy

HEY! ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Should I just forget about this rally?

If anyone knows anything, please post.

Thanks

Barbara
Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 AM   #37

Trailer: 1972 Burro
I don't know about the GA rally but you are welcome to the east coast rally in Luray VA May 18-20. Please check out the thead. East Coast Rally! IT'S HAPPENING!, May 18.19, 20 Luray, Virginia
Old 03-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #38

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

Quote:
HEY! ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Should I just forget about this rally?

If anyone knows anything, please post.

Thanks

Barbara
Barbara,
We've attended many rallies over the last few years and for our money, the best time and the nicest folks are to be found at Emily in July. It's about a twelve or fourteen hour hike from our new digs in Johnson City but well worth the trip.
You'll see nearly a hundred fiberglass trailers there and will leave with more ideas for fixing up what you've got that you will ever have time for.
The people that own eggs like ours are a pretty special breed and any get-together anywhere is invariably time well spent. But Emily is still our all time favorite for fun, food and fellowship.

Just sayin'.

Doug
Somebody please buy my house in Miami... I'll make you a GREAT deal!
Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #39

Trailer: Casita
Is anyone planning on a Georgia Rally in 2008?? Mike from Summerville GA