Glass Eggers Nor West - May 28-30, 2010 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #15

Name: Brandy
I can just picture you laughing to yourself....BUT you'd be surprised what I have caught... Once I snaged a bird mid air while flicking my line forwad just as a bird was zipping by, another time I hooked, with a nymph rig set up with a small #16 bead head midge (very small hook if your not fish lingo savy), and hooked into the eyelet of a fly rod stuck in the bottom of the river. An orvis rod with a galvin reel (oh about an $800 rod)..... and to sweeten the deal we found the owner in idaho and sent it back to him .....good karma has got to come out of that.

Quote:
I'm surprised too Brandy, there is a diference between fly fishin and SALMON fishin.

There's godda be some smaller lakes, creeks around than the Fraser, LOL????

Old 03-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Angry

Quote:
<span style="color:#FF0000"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">G U L P</span></span> NOW I guess we need to ask Carol IF she'd be so kind as to organize another one of her (almost) (semi)(world famous, well WOULD ya believe Fraser Valley famous?? LOL!!) POT LUCK Suppers and (maybe) a day to do this(??), probably Saturday evening????
Sorry Doug for slow response but was just a tab busy in the alpine with the Big O and para games.

Yes Saturday night will be the pot luck. Will post further on this later. I understand there is a full kitchen at the new location which should give people a few more options.
Long ways off so you have lots of time to think about what you might want to bring this time Doug as I assume there is no Pizza del'v at the new location! :-)

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #17

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Many Kudos to you Carol an all the other Blue Jacket crew who helped make both series of games so special for so many.

I know of only 3 pizza places on Mission (of any quality!), but THE saving thing is that Michael's Restaurant (Deroche, closer than Mission) has a FAB weekend evening buffet!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #18

Registry
Quote:
I can just picture you laughing to yourself....BUT you'd be surprised what I have caught... Once I snaged a bird mid air while flicking my line forwad just as a bird was zipping by, another time I hooked, with a nymph rig set up with a small #16 bead head midge (very small hook if your not fish lingo savy), and hooked into the eyelet of a fly rod stuck in the bottom of the river. An orvis rod with a galvin reel (oh about an $800 rod)..... and to sweeten the deal we found the owner in idaho and sent it back to him .....good karma has got to come out of that.
Wow, quite the anglerette you turned out to be, LOL!!
You'd be surprised to see the World Class Sturgeon that have been pulled outta The Fraser, especially in that area.... Now, about those fishy smelling hands, rotflybo!!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #19

Name: Marina
Trailer: 1978 Biggar / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #20

British Columbia
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Many Kudos to you Carol an all the other Blue Jacket crew who helped make both series of games so special for so many.

I know of only 3 pizza places on Mission (of any quality!), but THE saving thing is that Michael's Restaurant (Deroche, closer than Mission) has a FAB weekend evening buffet!!!!
Thanks Doug but it is me who should be saying thanks for the opportunity to do it! Canada Rocked it! It was a once in a life time experence with memories that will not fade as fast as the damage to my old body from being in ski boots for days on end or skiing in the dark with only a head lamp. How many people do you know that can say they know what the stars looked like at the top of Whistler at 3AM? Craig would have been in heaven! Most importantly though it gave me renewed energy to keep on vollying with the kids races. There is something about getting a personal thanks from someone smiling with a medal hanging around their neck that makes it worth the time.

Your not trying to tell me that even with our new start at a new location you still not going to cook are you????? Does Michael's del'v??? LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #21

Name: Marina
Trailer: 1978 Biggar / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Brandy,
I just put in a call to a girlfriend who fly fishes up here. I do know that there are some places not too far from where we are camping but I'll get you more info when she calls me back.
Marina

Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #22

Registry
Quote:
Thanks Doug but it is me who should be saying thanks for the opportunity to do it! Canada Rocked it! It was a once in a life time experence with memories that will not fade as fast as the damage to my old body from being in ski boots for days on end or skiing in the dark with only a head lamp. How many people do you know that can say they know what the stars looked like at the top of Whistler at 3AM? Craig would have been in heaven! Most importantly though it gave me renewed energy to keep on vollying with the kids races. There is something about getting a personal thanks from someone smiling with a medal hanging around their neck that makes it worth the time.

Your not trying to tell me that even with our new start at a new location you still not going to cook are you????? Does Michael's del'v??? LOL
Carol I know all to well what sunup at the top of Whistler is like (and NOT where civies go either). When our eldest son Chris was working at Whistler he had free usage of any and all snowmobiles available. Long before sunup one morning he led me up to the VERY top of Whistler and we watched sunup from there, I'll NEVER forget that sight/feeling....
NO, Michaels does NOT deliver and/but it sounds like you've forgot I/we can/do cook, only favoring NOT cooking Saturday night so as to help facilitate camp cleanup and 'bugging out' Sunday! Counting the days....
I wonder what the campers are gunna think early Sunday A.M when we fire up the ole '37 Plymouth and head up to the Abby for early mass????
Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #23

GREAT THANK YOU!!!!

Quote:
Hi Brandy,
I just put in a call to a girlfriend who fly fishes up here. I do know that there are some places not too far from where we are camping but I'll get you more info when she calls me back.
Marina
Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #24

Registry
Latest count, we are up to 68 trailers with only 11 spots left to be paid for.
This is gunna be B I G !!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #25

Hey Doug...any idea if we can stay thursday evening at the camp area? Memorial day travel is a bit dicey so i was thinking of comming up thursday evening....of course if not, first person who wants to host my trailer in their driveway who live close by Hatzic
Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #26

Registry
Brandy, I don't see a problem with this, but you best contact Craig A.S.A.P. to confirm. We are booked in then as well and many others are too...... but be quick an contact Craig as he needs to get funds to the camp ground people real quick....
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #27

British Columbia
Registry
OK guys time to start thinking about what you want to bring for the pot luck for Saturday night! This year we have access to a stove and fridge so that may help some of us come up with a new idea or two.

Carol
Old 05-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #28

Registry
Well, it seems like Brandy wants ta go FISHIN, so MAYBE she can feed the masses, LOL???

The Trailer Goddess an I are still dining solo but I/we are happy to help out in any way we can Carol! I'm bringing a long high pressure water hose to help get water to the 'masses' and Craig dropped off some water hose splitter connections to help out as well.

......Polishing my mag wheels an counting the sleeps (again)