Glass Eggs Nor'West Fall Meet - Sept 17 - 19, 2010 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Thumbs up Glass Eggs Nor'West Fall Meet - Sept 17 - 19, 2010

Note date and location changes, we are NOW back at The Fort in Fort Langley B.C. for our 16th meet!!!

Glass Egger’s Nor West, September Meet:

Hi there Eggers, although the details for the fall meet have been delayed,
Doug/Sandy Charlotte and I hope you will be pleased with our efforts over
this last month.

We approached the FortLangleyBraeIslandPark management regarding
a meet at this fine facility and we were so pleased to be welcomed to return.

Marilyn and Shannon their Group Camp Rep’s have gone all out to make our Registrations simple, our sites ample to suit our club, have some new facilties for us to enjoy and are looking forward to future meets with us.
Here are the details we’ve arranged:

1. Note the meet dates have been changed now to Friday, Sept. 17th to
Sunday, Sept. 19th, 2010.

2. We have reserved all of the sites in the Salamander area and most of
the sites in the Kingfisher area. Our rates for Salamander with full hook-ups is $78.62 for 2 nights. The Kingfisher area with power and water only
is $66.53 for 2 nights. If you wish an extra day or 2, the same rates will
apply.

3. You can register with their staff by telephone toll free at 1-866-267-3678.

You can register online at www.BraeIsland.com then click Reservations,
go to page bottom and complete the info requested. Your bill will show the regular rates and be adjusted to group rates when you check out.
Remember to tell them you are with the Glass Eggs and please give them
your tow vehicle license number for identification. When you arrive, you will get a gate pass for in/out travel. Reservations are 1st come, 1st served.
4. There is a new café on site and it will be open for breakfast and lunches both days with an all new menu. There is a bussed tour to local wineries which you can book at the office. A Burn Ban is in effect but propane units are OK.

I will have T shirt’s and Pins for those that have pre-ordered.

Doug and I welcome all the old and new members to come and enjoy another Glass Egg fun weekend get-to-gether. It is our plan to continue the usual activities at this camp-out and encourage any suggestions for future meets.

Let us remind you all that our club is restricted to fiberglass trailers only, other units can stay at the park but will not be situated in our reserved areas and are not eligible for our group rates. If you wish to be parked next to a friend, please register together at the same time.

If you wish to contact me for more info please email at rdnrnd@smartt.com or phone me at 604-858-3540.

Looking forward to seeing all our Glass Egg friends, Bunny Jeboult.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Sorry if this is a stupid question; but is this open to all forum members? Or are you talking about a particular Glass Egg Club that I am not aware of?
Thanks
Linda
Linda D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Linda, it is not a club it is open to all FG trailer owners. We have a meet 2 times a year to have a little fun and look at each others trailers. It is open to anyone who has a fiberglass trailer regardless of where you live. 50 or more trailers show up. Great way to meet new people and to get ideas on how to fix your trailers issues.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #4

Registry
Hi Carol, wonderin IF anyone (Craig/Bunny) has approached you about volunteering to host the now world famous Pot-Luck for us again?? PLEASE???
Old 08-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #5

Registry
NorWest - Fort Langley Pot Luck

We will be having a pot luck at the Fort Langley meet on Saturday Sept. 18th at 5:30 PM.

Get the cook books out and get creative.

Bring your own drinks, plates and utensils.

Suggest that you bring enough to feed at least 20 people if you have more than 2 people in your group please increase the amount to reflect the size of your group.

If you need some suggestions on what to bring please feel free to contact me.

Carol

PS I hope the campfire ban is over by the time the meet takes place so that we can have a group campfire at the large pit - in which case bring some makings for s'mores with you as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
Hi Carol, wonderin IF anyone (Craig/Bunny) has approached you about volunteering to host the now world famous Pot-Luck for us again?? PLEASE???
Hi, Doug, I did have a chat with Bunny and as you will see by my post here we have it covered.

Carol
Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #7

Registry
Great news, THANKS Carol!!!

To Linda and others on this board, this IS very much an open event in as much as its OPEN to anyone coming to this event with a fiberglass R/V.

People on this board don't/won't get a personal invite only because we don't know who you all are OR who may want to attend. Once you attend and leave an email address with us, you should be (hopefully) contacted about future events. Please remember that we have already in excess of 100 people (contacts) already on our email list, so it is therefore imparative we get your addy for future meets.

We do meet twice a year, spring and fall. The Saturday of the event(s) is usually deemed open house day. That is we are usually all free to wander door to door checking things out with our fellow fiberglass trailer owners. As you have read, Carol H has kindly volunteered to again host/organize a pot luck supper that usually happens Saturday evening.

There is a growing number of us who choose to 'order in' from a great local Italian restaurant, ,with a call from us! They DO deliver right to the park, and small menues from them will be available for everyone to choose from. In Ft. Langley there is also a well stocked small(ish) supermarket for those looking to buy groceries. Ft. langley also has a well stocked liquor store althought we are not 'pushing' that feature.

Any attendees wishing to partake of the pot luck are encouraged to either post or email Carol H as to what food/dishes you'd like to bring.
Note: Salads and deserts are always enjoyed but IMHO, some 'dinner' food would be appreciated also.

....any further questions P L E A S E feel free to ask!!

Last but never least, a Great Big HUG and Thank You to Donna for getting this post organized for us, you are a GEM!!!
<not to be confused with Glass Egg Meet LOL!!!>
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 1973 Bug-eyed Boler
While I appreciate you taking up the new role as organizers - we were very unhappy that the venue and date changed at such a late date. I wasn't even aware that our group was looking for a different place as there was such an overwhelming agreement that the Sons of Norway could be a great place to grow - plus the price was much more reasonable and the people more accommodating! I know that there were a select few that had issues (just like Fort Langley every year) - but the majority enjoyed the Sons of Norway location.

The short notice was not appreciated - I had booked a work trip and a seminar around the old dates, juggling and apologizing to clients. Now with a month to go you changed the dates with out even a hint that you were looking for a new place.

We have not been happy with Fort Langley for some time as their rules and costs have increased every year. Plus the facilities for large groups are very small. I was also looking forward to the pancake breakfast I was organizing that was discussed at our meeting - but now we don't have the facilities to do it.

Myself and one other couple were very excited to return to the Sons of Norway as had been discussed at our meeting. Some hint of your plans might have been nice so the entire group could have had some input.

The long and the short of it is this will be the first meet I will miss since 2004.

Gail S.
Gail S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #9

Registry
Gail so sorry to hear you will not be able to attend :-(( I understand your frustration with the late changes as they came as a bit of a suprise for most of us. Would have been happy to help you with the breakfast plan. Let me know if you want to try doing one in the future.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Mike and Sandy from Tacoma, WA will be in site 31. Glad to see this event back at Fort Langley. Do you know of anyone in the Fort Langley area that I could buy some local green wood for wood turning? I don't dare carry any wood across the border from the U.S.

mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #11

Registry
Mike I am sure people would love to see you make your bowls at Fort Langley. I *love* the bowl that you made that I got at Bandon. I live in a city that does not let us cut down trees so all I have is some very dry cherry tree wood that was taken down a number of years ago. Perhaps Doug or someone else who lives in a bit more out of the city can bring something for you to work with. Let hope! Look forward to seeing in next month.

Carol
Old 08-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #12

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Mike I am sure people would love to see you make your bowls at Fort Langley. I *love* the bowl that you made that I got at Bandon. I live in a city that does not let us cut down trees so all I have is some very dry cherry tree wood that was taken down a number of years ago. Perhaps Doug or someone else who lives in a bit more out of the city can bring something for you to work with. Let hope! Look forward to seeing in next month.

Carol
Well, I contacted Canadian customs and they sent me an email with a large "book" of regulations regarding specifically wood turning blanks ;-) Unfortuanately, any wood I bring across the border must have a certificate that it had been heat-treated to about 56 degrees C for some two hours before crossing the border. I have several "billets" of store-bought wood that almost certainly had been Kiln-dried, but they did not come with a certificate ;-(

It looks like I am out of luck. I will probably just leave my small lathe at home.

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #13

Trailer: 77 Scamp
not able to make it as well. Made other plans for the weekend that you will be having the meet at Langley. Enjoy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
not able to make it as well. Made other plans for the weekend that you will be having the meet at Langley. Enjoy
:-(((
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #15

sorry carol you'll have to go to the garage sales without me ...boooooo

Quote:
:-(((
Old 08-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #16

Registry
But we could have watched chick flicks! I spent last week-end installing cable and finally got the TV and DVD mounted!
Are you going to be at Lynden on the 10th week-end by chance?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #17

Yup heading up Thursday....friends joining Friday along with a litter of children (mine included).......see you there

Quote:
But we could have watched chick flicks! I spent last week-end installing cable and finally got the TV and DVD mounted!
Are you going to be at Lynden on the 10th week-end by chance?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #18

Registry
Pitty...

You BOTH missed the event that was held at Deming Log Show Grounds (Deming) two weekends back!!

Smallish attendence, maybe 20 or so R/V's but 2 or 3 stayed on tilll last weekend (a hot rod campout weekend with about 15 or so fiberglass trailers and over 200 hot-rods).
Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
You BOTH missed the event that was held at Deming Log Show Grounds (Deming) two weekends back!!

Smallish attendence, maybe 20 or so R/V's but 2 or 3 stayed on tilll last weekend (a hot rod campout weekend with about 15 or so fiberglass trailers and over 200 hot-rods).
Sorry Doug but I assure you we haven't missed a thing but you will if you don't get onto the same calander and meet!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #20

Nope checked my calendar...better hurry up Doug...tin can tourist vintage trailer ralley....Sep. 9-12th Lynden

Quote:
Sorry Doug but I assure you we haven't missed a thing but you will if you don't get onto the same calander and meet!