Gulf Coast Spring Fling Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Talking

We would like to invite you the the Gulf Coast Spring Fling!
A FGRV gathering on the Northern Gulf Coast.

Sam Houston Jones State Park in Lake Charles, La.
March 12-15, 2009

Check us out: www.gulfcoastspringfling.com

Better hurry, sites are going fast!
Sean S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #2

Name: Nita
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
Thanks Sean. We've reserved our site and registered. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Nita & Marty
Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #3

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
we did it see everyone there.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul and 16 ft Amerigo
We are registered - Mary & Geary Gowins. Thanks to Mary Grace for emailing us.
gearyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Ok, things are shaping up! Getting the Agenda set up! We gave you plenty of time to visit the Cajun Lands and see the area (or gamble as I know some of you are coming for - good luck!) We have cajun food lined up and the warmth of our hospitality. Most of all, we get to visit with each other! Check out the site www.gulfcoastspringfling.com , new pictures have been posted and keep watch on "Who's Coming"! We have 31 registered, There are 9 sites are left in Campground 2 and then you are welcome to get a site in Campground 1 (not as good and limited). Miss Molly hopes to see you there!
Sean S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #6

Update on the Gulf Coast Spring Fling:

Sean dreamed of hosting this rally. Unfortunately he passed away unexpectedly on Monday. Blair, Fred and I attended the funeral yesterday. His family wants us to have the rally as Sean planned. One of his brothers will be catering a meal during the rally. We will post more information as it becomes available. Please continue to check the website:
http://www.gulfcoastspringfling.com/

If you wish to send the family condolences here is a link:

http://www.funeralplan2.com/matthewsson/obits?id=149157

Nita
Old 11-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Thank you, Nita, for posting the link to send a message to the family. It is wonderful Sean's SpringFling will continue as planned. Wish we could have known him. Take care, L 'n D
Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
We would like to attend this gathering, but can not make the commitment yet, as Kirk usually has a busy spring schedule with Taiko. We will have to wait to see what the schedule does.

So sorry to hear about Sean's passing.
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
My wife, Mary, and I have just reserved a site for the gathering. All that was left was in Loop 1. We'll be wending our way across Texas from New Mexico, hoping to spend some time in Big Bend. It'll be our first time in that part of the country. We just got done shoveling another 4-6 inches of snow (& still snowing here in Lansing, MI), so we're plenty ready to get out of here already.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #10

We look forward to meeting you! In March in south Louisiana you never know what to expect of the weather. It may be wet and cold or it may be warm and muggy. All I can say is pack for either possibility.

You won't hear me say this often but I'm hoping for some cool weather for the rally because we will be surrounded by swamp. Mosquitos have no mercy so pack some Deep Woods Off just in case it is needed.

See you in 8 weeks!

Nita
Old 01-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #11

Gulf Coast Spring Fling registrants: Blair will now handle the GCSF website and registration. Please read his message below and respond if requested.

Thanks.
Nita

Okay folks, we are starting to get our hands around this gathering. Fortunately we have access to the website to change its data but unfortunately we do not have access to the original registration database to mine its data. We have created a new registration database and populated it with all the individuals that we already had email addresses for from Matagorda Madness but will need for the following people to re-register so that we can gain their email address to effectively communicate to all attendees. Below is the list of folks that we need to re-register. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

here is a link to the new registration http://www.gulfcoastspringfling.com/registration

Sincerely,
GCSF Hosts

Bill Burger Site 22 in Area 1
Peer Kraft-Lund CI021, LOOB
Ed Dale 58
Neal Reust CI035
Daniel Devine CI027
Harry Hitchman CI025
Lewis Stone CI034
Bennit Devillier CI029
Maurice Miller CI054
Teresa GarrettCI023
Mike Foreman CI059
Toby Matherly CI057
Lisa Rynearson CI053
Pamela Erikson CI055
David Eastwood CI045
Hubert Joseph CI052
Glenn Powell CI040
Old 01-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #12

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Just a slight concern, Nita, as we just recently advised that we plan on coming (This topic-Jan 10 2009, 04:54 PM), and have reserved a campsite: Could you post a list of those you show as "registered", so I can confirm you have us included? Or is there some other registration procedure we need to complete?

Thanks...
....Marv. W.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #13

Hi Marv,

Go to the GCSF website and look at the Who Is Coming section. If you don't see your names please re-register so we can have your contact information:
http://www.gulfcoastspringfling.com/whoiscoming

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately Blair doesn't have Sean's logon for that part of the site.

If you have any problems just let me know.

Thanks.
Nita

Old 01-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #14

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft
Quote:
Hi Marv,

Go to the GCSF website and look at the Who Is Coming section. If you don't see your names please re-register so we can have your contact information:
http://www.gulfcoastspringfling.com/whoiscoming

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately Blair doesn't have Sean's logon for that part of the site.

If you have any problems just let me know.

Thanks.
Nita
Nita: Sorry but I put the wrong date of arrival for us. It should read March 11, 2009.
BillPatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #15

No problem Bill. I will let Blair know so he can correct it.

Thanks.
Nita

Quote:
Nita: Sorry but I put the wrong date of arrival for us. It should read March 11, 2009.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #16

Below is the outstanding list of folks that we still need to re-register. If anyone that reads this list and knows how to reach these folks please send them an email for us asking them to re-register.

Matherly CI057
Rynearson CI043
Erikson CI055
Eastwood CI045
Powell CI040
Gowins 050

here is a link to the new registration http://www.gulfcoastspringfling.com/registration

Thanks.
Nita
Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #17

Last Saturday we met Blair and Jeanette to check out the campground. If we could have weather as perfect as that day we will have a wonderful time. We worked on the tentative agenda and it is posted on the website: http://www.gulfcoastspringfling.com/gcsf2

Blair has been in touch with Sean's family. Miss Molly has fallen in love with Sean's dad and he likewise. She has been invited to be the Captain of the Mardi Paws Parade on Saturday. So ya'll come join us for a good time!

Nita and Marty
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #18

Less than 2 weeks to our first Gulf Coast Spring Fling and we have 45 campers signed up! The agenda is set with lots of good eating, a Mardi Paws parade, fun and games. I think there are still some sites available in Loop 1. So ya'll come join us!

http://www.gulfcoastspringfling.com/gcsf2

Hope to see you there.
Nita and Marty
Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #19

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
we are already hitched up.. see ya there wednesday night
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #20

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
just got back to South Texas from Sam Houston Jones State Park in Louisiana... what a blast, will have some photos up soon
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote