HEADING SOUTH. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2002, 01:49 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
HEADING SOUTH.

This will be my last thread for a while as I am on my merry way to Mary's Fish Camp in Florida. They say the best road out of Jersey is the one heading south. Have a great Holiday season everyone & maybe I'll see you somewhere along the trail South. MANZI

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 07:06 PM   #2

Joe-------- Enjoy your trip. Best of holidays to you:wave

Old 12-20-2002, 08:33 AM   #3

I know winter is here

Ah, I know winter is finally here when Joe heads for Mary's Fish camp!

Come to think of it ... isn't the first day of winter tomorrow, Dec. 21st?

Alright! Everyone get ready for some real winter camping (or head south like Joe does!)

Old 12-20-2002, 10:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Orginally posted by Charles Watts

Alright! Everyone get ready for some real winter camping (or head south like Joe does!)
Actually, I'm heading [b]north on Boxing Day for a campout at Lake Pleasant. It promises to be under 60ºF/40ºF (16ºC/4ºC) and water freezes here at 50ºF (10ºC). I wonder if Origami can break through the ice on the lake. :winter

Old 12-20-2002, 10:58 AM   #5

We are busy as beavers, wrap’n and Pack’n. Two weeks in the Casita, look’n for snow.

California is either going to blow away or wash away. El Neno has hit hard. More storms coming. Mud is flowing, Waves are hitting the beach so hard the surfers are coming in and saying, “It’s crazy out there”. Now you know it’s big when the surfers come in. On the good side, the fires are out.

So now I’m trying to decide if I should pack my wetsuit to going swimming in Arizona’s balmy 50ºF (10ºC) or my speedo to go Hot Tubing in Nevada. :o :E :E

If we’re lucky, we will have SNOW in Zion Nat’l Park.

Old 12-20-2002, 02:09 PM   #6

See

See, I really don't think you Arizona and California dudes can get your brains around the true spirit of winter camping.

I think it has something to do with smog and/or the hunta virus ... maybe even valley fever.

Now, granted, some soft belly Northern campers in snow country head for Mary's Fish Camp in sunny Florida at the first hint of cold weather.

The true campers, however, pull on an extra pair of long johns (remember it's important to layer) and go camping.

Old 12-20-2002, 06:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Orginally posted by Michael Sanders

We are busy as beavers, wrap'n and Pack'n. Two weeks in the Casita, look'n for snow.

California is either going to blow away or wash away. El Neno has hit hard. More storms coming. Mud is flowing, Waves are hitting the beach so hard the surfers are coming in and saying, ''It's crazy out there'';. Now you know it's big when the surfers come in. On the good side, the fires are out.

So now I'm trying to decide if I should pack my wetsuit to going swimming in Arizona's balmy 50ºF (10ºC) or my speedo to go Hot Tubing in Nevada. :o :E :E

If we're lucky, we will have SNOW in Zion Nat'l Park.
Michael,

I don't think they allow speedos in the Virgin River; too close to Utah. :xx

If you bring your wet suit to Lake Pleasant, you can swim under the ice. Just remember your wrist GPS receiver so you can find your way back to the hole. :splat

Charles,

Valley fever is defined as the condition when the temperature here in the Valley of the Sun reaches 117ºF (that's off the centigrade scale).

Old 12-27-2002, 12:28 PM   #8

Sorry, Charlie, (Ohh, I couldn't help myself! It just came out!! Slap! Slap! Now I feel better...) but I still believe the best heating, air conditioning and all-round climate control device is the round black things under the Egg!

Pete and Rats, looking to leave the Pac NorthWet next month, heading for climes were the elec heater is stowed and the LP heater is getting dusty

Old 12-27-2002, 10:45 PM   #9

-heating, air conditioning and all-round climate control device is the round black things under the Egg-

Pete I have no idea what you are talking about. black things? under the trailer?

Old 12-27-2002, 10:47 PM   #10

Wheels, Jana.

Or, rather, tires would be the black parts.

Old 12-27-2002, 10:52 PM   #11

heat and cold

OH! I get it . move the trailer to a warmer place for the heat and a colder place for the air. :bh

Old 12-27-2002, 10:58 PM   #12

Don't be too hard on yourself, Jana!

I just hate that poor guy banging his head against a brick wall! Gives me a headache, just looking at it.

:wave

Old 12-28-2002, 11:34 AM   #13

brick wall

Considering my computer has died for no apparent reason twice the last week, my head feels just like that. after hours on the phone to find the problem, I have my finger crossed it will stay on this time. my norton found two crossed files, and losts of lost chains. runs fast now. (hard to type with your fingers crossed.) :o

Old 12-28-2002, 10:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Jana Journeykins

(hard to type with your fingers crossed.) :o
Yes, I can see how that would be difficult. Have you tried it with gloves on? That's even more ''interesting.'' :jester