Jan 14-16, 2011: Eggs 'N Tears for a Gathering at the Gulf - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul CT
Jan 14-16, 2011: Eggs 'N Tears for a Gathering at the Gulf

I am the Alabama Chapter Director for TearJerkers. We are having a gathering in January down at the Gulf Coast. I will be in my UHaul and I know of at least one other Scamp coming. I've got the promise of a couple of tears, so I thought to open this up and invite my new "egg" friends. I love my little tear and the people I've met with it, but I really love the expansiveness of my 13' UHaul... So if you are interested in coming... here are the details...

January 14-16, 2011 Bay Breeze RV on the bay park"Gathering at the Gulf"
http://www.baybreezerv.com/index.html
You'll have to phone in reservations
1-251-540-2362
1-877-721-9621
At present, they have 11 reservable sites and were quite welcoming to us. Mention that you are coming to join the "TearJerkers".

Gulf State Park is booked until March and while they have approx 120 "first come first serve" sites... those apparently fill up by mid-Dec... darn yankees

Post here if you'll come join us and I'll keep you up-to-date as to the details of the event.
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Another nearby option would be Big Lagoon State Park in Florida, just west of Pensacola and east of Gulf Shores, (although I don't know if the "Alabama Chapter" would consider jumping across the border). I just checked and they have 68 reservable campsites available for those dates. It's quite a nice campground with nice facilities and convenient to the beaches, the bay, and the Naval Aviation Museum at NAS Pensacola. And it's full price is only $20/night.
Big Lagoon State Park - a set on Flickr
My pictures don't show the camping facilities because I was just looking for scenic stuff that day, but the campground is mostly shaded and quite nice.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #3

Only 8 sites left.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #4

The folks at the campground are excited. From the tear boards I'm on, so far, it looks like we've got 2 T@Bs, 1 UHaul (mine), 1 Scamp, and 2-3 teardrops coming.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:46 PM   #5

Name: Ed
Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Delux 16'
Florida
If you ever do one of these again a long the Gulf Coast let me know. I am already committed to go South on the 14th.
Have fun
Ed in Pensacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #6

Registry
We're waiting to see what the weather will be like right then. If it's nice, we'll likely join you. One nice thing about the gulf coast is you can camp out all winter if you pick the right days.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #7

Ed, I will definitely post if we have another gathering down that way.

Ray, If the weather is good, I look forward to meeting y'all.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #8

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
That's so close to home; just a couple hours away. I wish I could hook up the Lite•House and come, but the work-a-day world is in the way. Y'all have my fun too.
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #9

I'm planning a pot of chili for Friday night. If anyone can make it, let me know if you will be joining and I'll have enough for you, too.

Also, I'm looking for a good recommendation for a seafood place; good food and reasonable prices.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #10

Trailer: Casita
plan on see you all.....it's a little cool now...but down here ..it could change from day to day....PaPa Smurf
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #11

Hey Papa Smurf, it can't be as bad as the ice we've gotten in the last 24 hours. Looking forward to seeing you again. I'm arriving on Thursday, but most folks are coming in Friday evening.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #12

Registry
It looks like you might have at least semi-nice weather for the meet. The bitterly cold weather (for the Gulf coast, at least), is leaving tomorrow, and the highs for the weekend will be in the mid 50s. Not the low 60s that we "average," but we haven't seen much average lately. This global warming is making our "average" highs few and far between.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
It looks like you might have at least semi-nice weather for the meet. The bitterly cold weather (for the Gulf coast, at least), is leaving tomorrow, and the highs for the weekend will be in the mid 50s. Not the low 60s that we "average," but we haven't seen much average lately. This global warming is making our "average" highs few and far between.
just sew where Ch.3 call for the 60's Sat.
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #14

Registry
I hope channel 3 is right - I just checked The Weather Channel and Weatherunderground (on line) for Sat/Sun in Gulf Shores; Weather Channel says 57/Sat and 58/Sun and Weatherundeground says 56/Sat and 59/Sun. Either way it will feel positively balmy compared with what we've been getting this week. "Normal" is 61 for Pensacola - I can't remember the last time we've seen normal, let alone "above normal." I just heard on TV that northern Canada is having unusually warm weather - I guess they've been sending all the cold stuff our way.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:46 PM   #15

it is cold tonight, but I'm looking forward to warmer weather. And hopefully a bit less windy... the view is great.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #16

It was a good small gathering. Terri from Pensacola came in her new Scamp...

Here are some photos...

Gathering at the Gulf pictures by sweettearalabama - Photobucket