PA July 15-17, 2011: Mid-Atlantic/Pocono Egg Fest - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #113

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Jim
Just letting you know I canceled my reservation yesterday. I pulled something in my back earlier this week, it is improving but don't think I will be up to climbing into the bunk in my 5th wheel by next weekend. My wife and I really wanted to come and meet everyone but maybe next time.
Eddie
Sorry, I'm sure there will be others- what site were you in in case someone else wants to move. Get well

Old 07-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #114

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
I was in 202 which was a big site.
Eddie

Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #115

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi,
We don't mind of KOA gets the ice cream together. I think the price is good, and it just might be the best and easiest way to go.
Does anyone have a list of foods coming to the pot-luck? I would like to contribute, but am not sure what to bring.
Thanks, Marjie, et al.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #116

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Marjie,

I'm new at this rally stuff and have several irons in the fire.There is no list at present, could you help by volunteering to make one up and post it so as everyone can make arrangements? Thanks.
It appears we will go with KOA providing the ice cream so that may free up some room in the refers. I was planning on bringing salad mixes/dressing and a small pork roast to slow cook on the Cobb Grill.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #117

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
So inre distance from our section of the campground to the pavilion/office, I timed it this morning and at my best approximation of a 2ish mph sauntering pace, it took me 3:05:08 minutes. Give or take a few seconds.

The nice campground management has let me leave my camper there in site 123, so even if I don't manage to roll in till 8 or so, my Burro will be the first to arrive!

I think for potluck etc setup, the sites 130-131 as mentioned are indeed sizeable, but I think it would also work pretty well to close off that section of road. The area is reasonably shady by 5 - 5:30 pm.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #118

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
We'll be bringing tortellini salad, and spinach and strawberry salad for the pot luck. And NYS wine and some local beer for the tasting. The ice cream social at the pavilion sounds great.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #119

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Marjie,

I'm new at this rally stuff and have several irons in the fire.There is no list at present, could you help by volunteering to make one up and post it so as everyone can make arrangements? Thanks.
It appears we will go with KOA providing the ice cream so that may free up some room in the refers. I was planning on bringing salad mixes/dressing and a small pork roast to slow cook on the Cobb Grill.
Alrighty then......I am happy to TRY and organize what everyone is bringing to potluck!
Here we go: Please post or PM me (posting for all to see is better, then everyone knows what is going on) in the next three days. I will make a list and post it on Wed. night. That way we will know what we have, and what we may need. Sound OK??
As of now, don't worry what others are bringing, just decide what YOU like to make/bring and it will all be wonderful.
Happy Trails,
Marjie
Old 07-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #120

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
So I managed to extricate myself from work early enough today and floated Rucio through the nonstop downpour up to the KOA tonight, for a photographic expedition weekend in the Stillwater Natural Area section of the Delaware State Forest.

The spot I've reserved for next weekend was free today, so I got to practice backing in, in the pitch dark, between the great big rock and the ditch...without any of you guys pointing and laughing.

Let me know if there's anything I can check out or ask about while I'm here (till Sunday).
Ah, it would have been so much more fun with someone shouting "more this way no more that way now strait now more that way". Never forget the axiom of groundguide competence: Ability to judge clearance AND give audible and comprehensible directions is inversely proportional to distance from driver. The best ones can stand in front of your mirrors and tell you exactly what to do. The worst are always somewhere behind, or--perish the thought which occurs--possibly under the trailer. Yikes!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #121

Delaware
Jen, el Gordito weighed anchor for a little shakedown cruise across the Delaware Memorial to Salem County Sportsmen's Club yesterday. Everything working great except refer propane (110AC and 12DC working). Skeeters bad overnite. Are you bringing oats and hay for the donkeys?

jack
Old 07-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #122

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjie s. View Post
Alrighty then......I am happy to TRY and organize what everyone is bringing to potluck!
Here we go: Please post or PM me (posting for all to see is better, then everyone knows what is going on) in the next three days. I will make a list and post it on Wed. night. That way we will know what we have, and what we may need. Sound OK??
As of now, don't worry what others are bringing, just decide what YOU like to make/bring and it will all be wonderful.
Happy Trails,
Marjie
Marjie: Greek salad here. Jean on 124.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #123

Trailer: casita freedom dlx 17
To the potluck we will be bringing...Hummus, chips, and salsa. Maybe some veggies to dip in them as well.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I am selling 3 14" rims, nothing wrong, only 4 years old, just wanted to upgrade to 15's if anyone would like them for 20 each, I can bring them too....just not to the potluck.

I got my rig, cleaned, waxed, replaced vent cap covers, changed out the wheels and tires, and finished building my workbench in my shop...whew what a weekend, I look forward to relaxing with everyone.

Don and Brenda
Old 07-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #124

Pennsylvania
Registry
Those couple of members here- Jen and Don W and anyone else familiar with the area- HELP!!!
The map directions on the KOA website is confusing. When I exit I80 exit #309 I'm on Rt 209- I want 209 north? and then head south on Hollow Rd. The map also shows exit#310 which is River RD which runs into Hollow RD? It is a little confusing and I know after driving 3 hours with 2 dogs that sense when I get lost they start panting and I start perspiring. What is the most direct, least turns to the CG from I80? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #125

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I think the easiest thing is to exit I-80 onto 209 north. Several miles up the road (I don't know, 15ish? but don't quote me on that), Hollow Road will be on your right. I missed the turn there on Friday night because I kept expecting one of those giant yellow KOA signs, and it wasn't there.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #126

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjie s. View Post
Happy Trails,
Marjie
HI Marjie,

Ron and Jane on site 127 here. We're planning on bringing a Greek salad.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ron

Tags
eggcamper