BC July 7-10, 2011: Mission BC - Scrambled Egg Meet is Now Open - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
Name: Brandy
Thank You to all who attended. We had 17 trailers show up on Thursday alone, and by the end 39 trailers made their way to the meet. I met some INCREDIBLE people and having hosted the event it brought me out of my comfort zone to really get to know some wonderful individuals. Weather was sketchy on Thursday, and Friday morning had scattered bits of rain. By late Friday we saw some sun bursts and Saturday and Sunday were even better. I took special care this year to mark off the trailer areas with cones so that each site had a better idea where their spot was. If the spots were to close I never received word that anyone was unhappy in fact people gushed over how fun the event was.

Highlights were tacky tourist night were we had so many people dress up that awarding prizes was almost difficult. Carol Hale made a fiberglass rv piñata that after several attempts were taken to hit it with a bat it barley gave way, someone commented that it "must be a trillium" since it was built so solidly. Saturday's potluck was hosted by Lisa Shewchuk she fussed and worried so that the rest of us didn't have to; it was a success with many wonderful dishes. The evening finished off with Terrie Binns and her karaoke machine that by the end had us all laughing and amazed at the good the bad and the otherwise singers. (I was the bad singer, it’s okay I know it but it didn't stop me)

We were lucky to have Craig Breckenridge, the original founder of the group attend. He is BRILLIANT and is busy so much so that he hasn’t taken a day off in over a year from doing what he is obviously passionate about. He loved how the event went and was pleased to see that we were able to follow thru with what his original vision was. I look forward to next years meet, in the meantime don’t forget to sign up early for the Fort Langley Meet hosted by Carol Hale this coming September 16-18 http://tinyurl.com/http-GlassEggMeet-com

If you don’t sign up you don’t get in.

Thank You Brandy

Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #16
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
I finally got the photos posted for what was a really fun meet! Cant wait to do it all again next year!!! Thanks Flygal it was a blast.

Photos can be found here:
Scrambled Egg Meet - July 2011 | Facebook

Doug we all waved as we passed you just after we went through the Sumas border heading south after the meet on Sunday!

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #17
Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
OOPsie , sorry we/I missed you guys Carol!!

I guess we were too concentrated on our awards and prizes(where/how to declare them all) we'd rec'd during our last sojour this last week into the U.S. to notice anything too much else. B.C.n U soon (with some more 'newbees!!)
Attached Thumbnails
B.C. Classic & Custom Car Show 2011 222.jpg  

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote