WA June 8-10, 2012 Taidnapam Washington Gathering - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #61

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Arizona
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Bob and Julie Send a message via MSN to Bob and Julie Send a message via Yahoo to Bob and Julie
Let's hope the forecast improves! We are OK with just bringing a desert. We will also bring along our canopy.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #62

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Whatever works for Saturday night is fine with Simon & Sharen.
Look forward to seeing everyone.
Sharen & Simon & True
(Our sweet Keeper has gone on to "Rainbow Bridge.")
Old 06-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #63
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Oh, Sharen and Simon, sorry to hear about Keeper! As far as the food; a potluck in the rain ( like that would be a new one for this group!) , or a communal dessert potluck will work for us too. Just let me know before I leave home so I can be prepared.
Deb
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #64

Name: Theresa + Sal
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 17
Vancouver, Washington
Our condolences on losing Keeper. Hugs. Reg dinner, joining all with our own meal/drinks sounds fine and easy..........nametags? :-)) T + Sal
Old 06-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #65

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I put the idea of a possible change to the potluck for discussion. The weather actually looks like it's improving

This gathering isn't my gig and anyone that camps with me knows I don't participate in potlucks. I was just concerned there wouldn't be enough shelter to keep the food covered and then provide shelter for people to sit.

Everyone seems to enjoy potlucks around the campfire. So, based on this changing weather report... I'd say go for it. I'm leaving my bicycle at home and will bring the E-Z Up (which isn't) instead.

Prepare to eat!
Attached Thumbnails
Morton-02.jpg  
Old 06-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #66

Name: Robert
Trailer: 1985 scamp 13ft
Oregon
so is it bring the best camp dessert and bring your dinner?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #67

Robert, how about just a plain old fashioned potluck. But, as with anything... you don't need to participate if you choose not too. Shoot, this is a WANOG.

And, I'm not organizing it
Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #68
Commercial Member

In the past at this gathering nametags are optional ( I think that is an Oregon rule? LOL Donna!).

Okay, then I am going to plan on a regular plain old potluck and I will bring my extra E-Z up.
Deb
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #69

Yeah Deb, Oregon rules... in more ways than one
Old 06-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #70

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
So, it appears the the potluck is on for Saturday night at a yet to be determines location. I for one think it's a great idea for name tags.....whether you're from Oregon or not. Casita Greg, who unfortunately had to cancel again this year, posted this on the CTTF a while back and we need to decide if the Friday night craft beer exchange is a go or not. Also, perhaps a Friday night weiner roast or is that too much going on given the possibility of foul weather? At any rate, it would be great if everyone could maybe bring even a few chunks of firewood for the potluck fire. We wouldn't want to have to resort to having to burn any of Mike Price's bowls just to keep warm!
Traditionally, we have had a friday evening "craft beer" exchange, these are good premium beers and microbrews, not Bud, Coors, Miller, etc. This is basically an "ice breaker" event, especially for the new or first-time attendees to get to meet the rest of the group in a relaxed fashion. Everyone brings a sixpack, (or more-nobody will complain) and goes around mingling through the group. If you see a beer that catches your interest, swap with the current holder for one of yours. It's a good chance to meet and greet the other attendees and strike up some conversations. We adopted this event from the NOG get-togethers, and most all attendees enjoy the opportunity to get to meet the rest of the group.
Saturday evening usually finds the group holding a large pot luck dinner. No one has ever walked away hungry to my knowledge. Most of the rest of the time you are on your own to explore the area, visit the nearby town of Morton (also has several shops and stores, etc. for those items you may have forgotten), take a ride on the scenic Mt. Rainier / Elbe train ride, mingle amongst the other campers and see what things they've done to their trailers. Wandering around and visiting is a common activity. There is also fishing available in Riffe Lake, which the campsites are near to. (Riffe Lake is a large Tacoma Power hydroelectric reservoir, and they also own the Taidnapum Park you'll be staying at). If you wish to fish you will need a fishing
license, (except on the free fishing weekend, when we'll be there,) as it is patrolled by the "state fish cops", who will often check licenses of those angling the lake. There is also a paved boat lauch with walking dock on the ramp, but doubtful you'll be towing a travel trailer and a boat too.
I'm sure that you'll have fun. Everyone is friendly and loves to show off their "toys". Cell phone coverage in the park varies from spotty to non-existant, but if you go out to the highway to Morton (Hwy 12), you'll have good reception, and don't bother bringing the satellite tv dishes and cubes...too much trees and overhead canopy. No decent line-of-sights for getting signals. There is a pay phone at the ranger's reception booth (near the campsites) if you need it. Just fyi.

Don't worry about the "state fish cops". I'll take care of them..........
Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #71

I'll wear a name tag and bring beer for the exchange. If it turns out we don't have an exchange... I'll just drink it!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #72
Commercial Member

WNOG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'll wear a name tag and bring beer for the exchange. If it turns out we don't have an exchange... I'll just drink it!
Donna, Oregon requires Beer and name tags. Don't forget the Saturday bike ride event. Bring your fishing pole.
Chuck
Old 06-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #73

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
We have had some sudden family obligations come up and we are very sad to say that we have to cancel. We'll miss everybody, have a great weekend. Hope to see you in Bandon.

Dave & Kathie

Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
We have had some sudden family obligations come up and we are very sad to say that we have to cancel. We'll miss everybody, have a great weekend. Hope to see you in Bandon.

Dave & Kathie
Bummer. See ya in a bit more than a month!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #75

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
I'm not going to be able to make it either
I'm not canceling my site since the park's not full & I would get no refund at this late date.
If anyone wants to use site 246 for free, send me a PM with your e-mail & I'll send you the reservation confirmation.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #76

What'samatter... y'all afraid of a little rain

Just kiddin'... we'll miss all ya. This group may be getting smaller, but we'll have fun anyway
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #77

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Another attendee

From the Casita site, Casitajoven is coming to site 276 with a 13' Casita.

Taidnapam Washington Gathering - Casita Travel Trailer Forum

See y'all tomorrow!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #78

Just want everyone to know... I won't get to the park until Friday. Should pull in before noon. But, since I'm usually a show-up-early and leave-late person.. I didn't want anyone to think I was cancelling.

See y'all FRIDAY
Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #79

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Greetings from soggy Sharen & Simon, sitting in the Morton Cafe for Old-Timers and Tobacco Chewers, where it's at least warm, dry and next door is wifi, which we're grabbin' fer free. Taidnapum is a connections-free zone, no Verizon, grrrrr.

So we pulled in yesterday afternoon, under lovely DRY & SUNNY SKIES, site 287. We were the ONLY ones in this end of the park. Then just before sundown a big stickie, branie new "Leprechaun" from a Poulsbo RV dealer pulled in. I tell you there was nothing lilliputian about that rig! So we were NOT the only folks in the park. Still, it's pretty lonely all by ourselves, and True, of course. Thus, we're sitting here in the hub of owntown Morton.

Coupl'a things: If it's gonna rain all bleepin weekend, I can't help but wish we were all in the group cramping site, where there's a big ol pavillion for folks to sit around teling lies, playing dominoes, and eating. Sigh.

Also, if we come back here in the future, I'm opting for a crampsite in the old loop, rather than this new loop. Just my own druthers... it's cozier over there in the old loop.

So, as you might guess, I'm just missin' y'all and hopin' you won't get cold feet about this meetup,afer all we are a game and hardy group, yes? I't going to be damper than damp - bring your wellies, g'loshes, brellies, and nor'westers - and we'll somehow figure out how to have a good damn time. Pfffttttt!!!

See y'all soon.
Sharen & Simon & True
Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #80

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post

Dave & Kathie
I'll second the "BUMMER" Donna voiced. I was really looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Cathy
Closed Thread