WA June 8-10, 2012 Taidnapam Washington Gathering - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #101
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Kim,
Very enjoyable, thanks for doing this!
Deb
Old 06-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #102

Name: Bob
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Arizona
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Bob and Julie Send a message via MSN to Bob and Julie Send a message via Yahoo to Bob and Julie
Julie and I had wonderful time at our first gathering of Fiberglass campers! Even though the weather wasn't the best on Friday, Saturday afternoon turned out great. It was great meeting everyone and hopefully next year we will have some mods on our Casita to show off! We really enjoyed the YouTube video Kim, thanks for putting it together.

Bob and Julie
Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #103

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Kim,
This is YOUR BEST video ever!!
I loved Sharen & True, Bright Colors walking in the rain.
The horns on the close-up SLUG!
AND the darling shots of my good old Compact II (front side; complete with orange monkey hanging from his favorite giant blow-up yellow banana), and the especially the one of the back side of my minimally adorned picnic table (shot through the high wet grass).
It's always fun to see you and LuAnn!
Happy Trails over the upcoming wonderful summer months,
Barbara
Old 06-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #104
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Nice meeting you Bob and Julie. We hope to see you at future gatherings.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #105

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Great video of the event. Sorry I wasn't able to make it due to medical tests, etc. My PSA is at 6.7, and the doc found a lump on the left side of my prostrate, so next week I go in for a prostrate biopsy to determine just what's going on. Missed all you folks, but glad to see everyone seemed to have a good time despite the weather. Wish I could have been there.
Greg
Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #106

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
A friend and I wandered through quickly. It looked like most folks must have been fishing. We were graciously given a tour of a Casita.

The graduation party was Saturday afternoon. I was thinking it was in the evening, so my plan to wander around more was not possible to do.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #107

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Mayfield panoramas

With any luck, I am going post some panoramas from the IPhone pictures I took the Sunday during the Taidnapam campout.

Note that they are fuzzy because the photos were not the best, and I had to "crush" the panoramas to keep the files small.

One is a 360 degree of the group campground.

The other 2 are partial panoramas taken down by the lake.

They show: 1_The spaces are cheek to jowl.
2_There are only ~15 sites lakeside.
3_All the restrooms are apparently up the steep road.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Mayfield Panorama 5 small.jpg   Mayfield Panorama_1.jpg  

Mayfield Group Camp.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #108

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
See the panoramas bigger

Before leaving the above message with the photos, I "selected" one panorama and "copied" it, then went back to my computer and "pasted" it and clicked on it. It opened in the Windows Picture Viewer and I was able to stretch it to its' full size and drag it from side to side to see it much better.

Mike
Old 06-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #109

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Washington
Thank you to all for making this a fun and relaxing gathering! Yes, a special 'thank you' to Robert for hosting the Saturday potluck, and as a first[hopefully not last!] timer too. Accolades to "Possum" for his slide show capture. Aren't potlucks amazing? Just the right mix of great salads, hot dishes, sides, and deserts. Yum! Possum had no end of photo ops showing us chowing down.

We also thoroughly enjoyed the Sunday night mini get together at our campsite. There were eleven of us who opted to stay until Monday so we gathered around a campfire, sharing food and yakking up a storm.

Ed and I headed over Monday afternoon to stay with friends who live in Cinebar. We drove into the park at Mayfield Lake and also into the park at Mossyrock. The Mayfield Lake campground is divided into an upper and a lower campground. Lower sites along the lake are very short and would require unhooking your vehicle. We spoke to the ranger who said we, as a group, would have a problem nailing down enough sites in early June because of the demand from fisher people who reserve well in advance for the prime sites.
Mossyrock campground is at the western end of Riffe Lake, just outside the town. Mossyrock campground is right on the lakeshore, has 152 sites, 2 group camp areas and a reservable kitchen shelter. This is also a Tacoma Power park. Information online for all the parks, including the individual downloadable park brochures, is at TPU Power Parks & Rec

We are pretty much able to attend any June gathering. Western Washington weather in June sure can be challenging - but that's why we are in our little trailers with big outside awnings and/or tarps J
We've really enjoyed Taidnapam. Since we only have camped in the more open area these past 2 years we can't really comment on the older area. What was nice in the newer area we were in is you can see most of the fiberglass trailers. I guess the one thing we would like to see, no matter where the Washington Gathering is, is more of a gathering. That is, have us a little more grouped together. For me that gives more of a feeling of a coming together. This is not to say that some would prefer to camp in their favorite spots which may not be right with the group and that is fine too.

Did you all get your 'commemorative' little box of matches J Hope so.
We look forward to next year's Washington Gathering and also seeing you at other events, including Bandon.

Colleen and Ed Casita Ed
Closed Thread