MN June 8-12, 2011: Scamp/fiberglass gathering, Duluth. MN - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #57

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
I am going and hoping to bring a guest :-)

Old 04-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #58

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Jack,

Did anyone send you a private message regarding the music question?

You will arrive after our group hike. If you guys are hikers let us know as we can drop your car at the end of the hike and take you to the trail head at your convenience. (The benefit of a group hike without the group.) Or, if we aren't too worn out we can do a different section another day. I'm a little concerned our 9:00 start will be foggy, and who wants scenic overviews with fog?

Nancy

Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #59

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Jack,

Did anyone send you a private message regarding the music question?

You will arrive after our group hike. If you guys are hikers let us know as we can drop your car at the end of the hike and take you to the trail head at your convenience. (The benefit of a group hike without the group.) Or, if we aren't too worn out we can do a different section another day. I'm a little concerned our 9:00 start will be foggy, and who wants scenic overviews with fog?

Nancy
Hi Nancy and Jack. Sorry I missed your question on April 8th, Jack.

Traditionally, we have played music in a more performance style with the musicians and campers facing each other. We know that as campers our number one objective is social; to visit with each other and maybe sing along when the spirit moves us. Our aim is to facilitate that, while at the same time making it easier for other musicians and styles of music to join in without feeling the pressure to perform. One way is to have musicians sit in the round, playing to each other with campers able to hang out, enjoy the music and join in when they want to.

Again, this is an effort to expand the variety of music played and to encourage other musicians at all levels, no matter how shy or polished we are. It's a bit of an experiment I guess, but works well in my experience where people gather around an open music jam.

Please bring your instruments and come for fun.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #60

Name: Tami
Trailer: 13ft Boler. Also added '96 Dodge American Cruiser camper van and a '93 Ford conversion van.
Wow, 30. per night. I live about 2 hrs from Duluth. What does the schedule look like? I have an old Boler and a Compact Jr., would bring the Boler as CJ has a leak around the roof vent. I couldn't pull up the web site posted for event. Thanks for any info. Tami
Old 04-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #61

Tami, I don't know why you can't reach the site. Try a different browser?

Egg Fest Duluth

Once there you will find information you seek. All activities are available to do if one chooses. There are tabs on the upper left that where you can find a calendar with tentative schedule. You need to forward to the June month for the Eggfest calendar.

We will be posting updates in the future.

Let us know if you still can't reach the website and need information. We would love to have you join us for one or four nights.

If you haven't been to one of the gatherings we will have pot luck Friday night, music in the evenings, a few voluntary activities on Saturday.

Nancy
Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 PM   #62

Minnesota
Tammy, I need to get out of AOL to reach the site. I can get it on firefox. Not sure if that helps you but the Eggfest Duluth site is not available on AOL
Old 04-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #63

Minnesota
I registered. My brother and I will be there Thurs through Sunday. Hubby would rather stay home but my brother likes camping so I asked him to join us.
See you all there! :-)
Old 05-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #64

Name: Ron
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft 2000
Nebraska
Send a message via MSN to Ron Walker
Duluth Eggfest

We have made reservations. We will be arriving Wed with our 16' Scamp. I will pack my grand piano. (really a Yamaha keyboard) I look forward to jamming again with Pete and Dave and anyone else. It will be good to see some of our camping friends again.
Ron and Linda Walker, Lincoln, NE.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #65

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Really looking forward to hangin' out with you and your grand piano! Found my Real Book, so I'm ready to swing.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #66

Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
Hi Diane P : Darlene Allen , Courtland Pieper have got a site by the shower building may be away from group site but was told there are ony porta pots in the group area we will be in the 8th of June.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #67

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp
The porta-potties are in convenient locations around the campground for those who choose not to walk across the parking lot to the bathrooms and shower facility. They are clean and very new. We checked them out today.

We are looking forward to a fun event.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #68

Just bringing the topic back up to the top.

We just washed Oregon, Utah, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and all in between off of our Scamp today. We no longer look quite so disgusting.

Looking forward to seeing people.

Nancy and Fred
Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #69

Minnesota
I hear it is suppose to be cold in Duluth tonight, low of 29 degrees. Freeze warnings out. Only a couple of weeks until the fiberglass gathering. Be sure to pack your long underwear. LOL
Old 06-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #70

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1981 13' Burro project/ 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab
Minnesota
Registry
Have fun you guys, we will be thinking of all the fun we missed, while we are at the wedding.

Jim & Jonell

Tags
scamp