Kansas Rally at Perry Lake - Rock Creek campground - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #15

Trailer: 2007 Casita
So how many are attending?

Bump.............................................. ..............................

Old 05-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #16

Trailer: 1978 Burro
Whoops, new at this... anyway, I'm in!!! We may be small but mighty! Looks like 4 spots are now reserved.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #17

Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Kansas
Quote:
Whoops, new at this... anyway, I'm in!!! We may be small but mighty! Looks like 4 spots are now reserved.
Welcome! See you at Lake Perry.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #18

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Welcome LeeB! Looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing the great campers!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #19

Trailer: 1978 Burro
Thanks y'all. It's coming upon us in a couple weeks, does anyone know for sure about dogs? I asked when I called and made reservations and of course I was talking to someone in another state at a call center. They said their info says no animals but I can't imagine a park that wouldn't allow a dog on a leash???? I may just bring mine anyway and see what happens. I love my doggins!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #20

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Hi Lee,

Their website says "Pets must be restrained." What kind of dog(s) do you have? We have 2 pugs.

Vickie
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #21

Kansas
Pets are allowed but need to be restrained. We were there this last weekend to look the place over and saw campers with their pets.
We had never been there but was told by family that it is a beautiful place so we thought we needed to check it out before the rally. Beautiful place.
The site W03 was listed as a full shade campsite-but when we got there we saw it had no trees at the site. I need shade! Thats when I called the caretakers and talked to them-they said a few of sites are not listed correctly. They changed our site so now we are at W11. Very nice couple!

We will there Friday, June 11th sometime in the afternoon. You can park in your space early if it is not taken. You will find out that info when you check in at the gatehouse.
We are at the Peninsula site in the Rock Creek area. We found the sites confusing as we didn`t find a `Whip` area on the signs. Since we weren`t familiar with the area, we could have just missed it.

See you all in June.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #22

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Richard

Are the sites wooded or just lined up in the clear?
I am thinking of showing up and did not realize it is not as far away as I thought?

So I just am curious about the park itself,please expand a little on what you saw.

Thanks
Ed
Old 05-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #23

Kansas
Quote:
Richard

Are the sites wooded or just lined up in the clear?
I am thinking of showing up and did not realize it is not as far away as I thought?

So I just am curious about the park itself,please expand a little on what you saw.

Thanks
Ed
Campsites are in an area close to lakes edge-have restroom/shower building. Most sites have trees at them. Green area and trees all around. Some clearing was done for the road and shower/restroom building.
When you check in at gate, ask if your site has trees-caretaker will know-then maybe you can change sites if your site doesn`t have trees. We may not have a/c so wanted to be under a tree.
If I remember right-most sites are shaded, the info on the site was not correct for w03, which stated it was shaded.
We are at the southwest edge of the lake-west side of the dam.
I am bringing a table because I don`t remember seeing tables there. It was just getting dark by the time we got there so may have missed seeing them.
The map of the area (whip) and our campsite is pretty accurate.
There are a couple restaurants on the east of the lake.
This is a pretty area-lots of green space, water and wildlife.
When you see the Compact Jr. with the dark teal colored canvas and a teal E-150 van-you know you have the right campground.
When does each one plan on arriving?
How many are coming?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #24

Nebraska
Registry
Richard or Mrs. C---do you recall if W09 has shade? It was listed as full shade, so I hope they are correct, as we may not have our a/c ready either.

There will be 2 of us, haven't decided on the dogs yet, since this will be our first venture out. We will be there Friday afternoon sometime, and hopefully, we can get parked before 6:00 pm, if no one is there.

Thanks for checking the area out and passing on the info!

See you soon!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:40 AM   #25

Kansas
Quote:
Richard or Mrs. C---do you recall if W09 has shade? It was listed as full shade, so I hope they are correct, as we may not have our a/c ready either.

There will be 2 of us, haven't decided on the dogs yet, since this will be our first venture out. We will be there Friday afternoon sometime, and hopefully, we can get parked before 6:00 pm, if no one is there.

Thanks for checking the area out and passing on the info!

See you soon!
I don`t remember-but you can call
785-597-5144 and ask to talk to the caretakers at the Rock Creek campground. I think that is who we talked to and they can tell you the shaded sites and will change it for you if you need to. Just tell the person you talk to what you need. They were really nice when I called.
I agree-shade is a must.
Mrs.C
Old 05-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #26

Nebraska
Registry
Thanks much!!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #27

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I hate to say it, but I have to cancel our Perry Lake visit. Rod's Dr want's him in for a special test and they can only get him in on Friday at 3pm. I don't think I can do a 9 hour drive friday night to get there in time to enjoy the weekend. So we are gonna have to forgo this Rally. Hope you all have a great time. Take lot's of pictures! Enjoy! Hope you all have a great time!

I do have him on cancellation list if another date becomes available we might make it, but I doubt it as the fri appt was the first available with nothing else available till AUG.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:26 PM   #28

Kansas
Quote:
I hate to say it, but I have to cancel our Perry Lake visit. Rod's Dr want's him in for a special test and they can only get him in on Friday at 3pm. I don't think I can do a 9 hour drive friday night to get there in time to enjoy the weekend. So we are gonna have to forgo this Rally. Hope you all have a great time. Take lot's of pictures! Enjoy! Hope you all have a great time!

I do have him on cancellation list if another date becomes available we might make it, but I doubt it as the fri appt was the first available with nothing else available till AUG.
Sorry to hear that you might not make it to the rally. Hope all goes well.
Mrs. C