Kansas Rally at Perry Lake - Rock Creek campground - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2010, 11:53 AM   #41

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Safe travels everyone! Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #42

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
Quote:
Darn, Robin, I wish you were a little closer!! Guess we'll have to get to Colorado!

Mrs. C---when were we going to have the group meal??? Our family lives not too far from where we'll be camping, so my husband wants to go visit them alittle bit. Is there a set schedule?

No set schedule-group dinner Fri. eve-visit, look at pictures. We will probably hang around the campsite but others can set their own schedule-go and explore the area. Would like to take a group picture sometime.
Haven`t done much scheduling-don`t really know what to do-thought ideas from others would be helpful.
At a Navy reunion we were at in May-people did their own thing all day and the evenings we all gathered to eat and visit. That worked out good but at Rock Creek there is no schedule.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #43

Trailer: 1978 Burro
Quote:
Checked the weather report today-hot on Fri. and Sat.---thunderstorms possible Sun.
Have gotten our a/c installed-so we are good to go!
Getting last minute touches done on our Compact Jr. Condo.
Not sure what kind of activities to plan -we are bringing our `hillbilly golf ball game`.
Any other ideas?

Ok Richard, am I the only one without a/c... anyone have any extra room (that's a joke, get it?) Did you do a window unit, duct it in, put in a portable??? Oh we're gonna be hot...

Help!!!
Lee Ann
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #44

[quote]Ok Richard, am I the only one without a/c... anyone have any extra room (that's a joke, get it?) Did you do a window unit, duct it in, put in a portable??? Oh we're gonna be hot...

We bought a small Haier a/c unit from Target ($50 clearance) . We put it in the side sliding window. Will remove it when we travel but it is light weight and easy for even me to remove. We will put some insulation strip around it so it will be sealed from rain and letting the cold air out.
We have an extra-can`t resist those bargains-if you want to buy it for what we paid-we will bring it, maybe we can get it installed. Both were new and in the boxes-nothing used. Just let me know-we will bring some extra stuff to help install with.
Mrs. C
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #45

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Mrs. C---that sounds great---dinner, meet and pics Friday. Then we can talk about everybody's plans for the rest of the weekend. What's a "hillbilly golf game"? Anybody have anyother games, or should I get some??? I'll have to think of something that has a winner, as I have a cute prize I could give!!!!

Too funny---we bought the same a/c last year at end of season at Target for $50!!!! So, sounds like a good idea, Lee Ann. And we'll all be there to help you with ideas!!!! Ours will be totally portable, too, and we used the sliding window. Deely made a shelf that sits on the sill (he made a groove in it, so it holds on to an elevated part of the sill). It has two hinged legs that sit against the belly ledge of the camper. At the top, there are two boards (one inside, one outside) that bolt together securing everything. Then we will put some insulation strip around ours, too.

Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #46

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Lee Ann, do you have a fan or two you can take? Fan's will help to a least keep the hot air moving. We did a camping trip where we dry camped. I took two small battery operated fans and it really did help. You have electricity there, so a fan or two depending on the size should help wonders! Good Luck! Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #47

Quote:
Lee Ann, do you have a fan or two you can take? Fan's will help to a least keep the hot air moving. We did a camping trip where we dry camped. I took two small battery operated fans and it really did help. You have electricity there, so a fan or two depending on the size should help wonders! Good Luck! Enjoy!
I'm good on fans, installed a fantastic fan not long ago and we're bringing a regular fan too.

Vicki, my camper is 2 sides rather than a top and bottom so I don't have a side seam for support. Mine had a window unit in the front when I bought it but it was put in poorly, leaked, wood rot, and the unit was too big and they broke the window to get it in. I had to have the front window redone. I like all your idea's about dropping it in when you need it.

Mrs. C, my window's are really small. Could you measure the unit from side to side... if it would fit in the back side window, I would LOVE to figure out how to rig something up so I could take it in and out!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #48

Registry
Lee Ann---Ah, yes---now I remember how the Burro is put together! It's a pretty small unit---hopefully it will fit in your window!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #49

Quote:
I'm good on fans, installed a fantastic fan not long ago and we're bringing a regular fan too.

Vicki, my camper is 2 sides rather than a top and bottom so I don't have a side seam for support. Mine had a window unit in the front when I bought it but it was put in poorly, leaked, wood rot, and the unit was too big and they broke the window to get it in. I had to have the front window redone. I like all your idea's about dropping it in when you need it.

Mrs. C, my window's are really small. Could you measure the unit from side to side... if it would fit in the back side window, I would LOVE to figure out how to rig something up so I could take it in and out!
Just measured the a/c unit--13"deep, 11" tall, 17 1/4" long. Richard used the holes in the a/c for the window support and put angle iron instead (aluminum) to hold the a/c in the window. We didn`t support the a/c with anything. Seems pretty stable. Will remove the a/c when traveling and keep it in the van. Installs in just a minute. Let me know if it might work for you. Thanks
Mrs. C
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #50

Quote:
Just measured the a/c unit--13"deep, 11" tall, 17 1/4" long. Richard used the holes in the a/c for the window support and put angle iron instead (aluminum) to hold the a/c in the window. We didn`t support the a/c with anything. Seems pretty stable. Will remove the a/c when traveling and keep it in the van. Installs in just a minute. Let me know if it might work for you. Thanks
Mrs. C

The only window I could use would be the front. The old unit was 18.5" across so the 1.25" shortage would fit perfect without doing damage. I think I may take you up on the a/c offer. As for putting it in, I'll check out what you've all done and get ingenious probably Sunday after I'm home with a hardware store nearby. Who wants to work while you're at the lake. Can't wait to chat RV with you all soon!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #51

Weather has changed for Perry Lake-isolated t-storms for Fri
scattered storms for Sat
showers possible for Sun

But, this is Kansas-weather can change, just wait a few minutes.

See you all tomorrow-Mrs.C
Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #52

Registry
Awww well, we'll just hang out in your camper (LOL!)

We had a dandy rain this moring! Yikes, couldn't see to drive home from eye doctor. I wouldn't mind spending alittle time in the camper with rain pitter pattering and some thunder and lightning, but please no strong winds, floods or LEAKS!

We native Lawence Kansans, so it's all good!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #53

Registry
After some rains this week, it appears we DO have a leaky Perris Pacer! So while we're camping in the rain (possibly) this weekend, we'll be trying to figure out where it's from and what to do!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #54

Quote:
After some rains this week, it appears we DO have a leaky Perris Pacer! So while we're camping in the rain (possibly) this weekend, we'll be trying to figure out where it's from and what to do!
Oh no... we had the same problem. We'll talk later. Drive safe.