Lake Casitas - 6th Annual Lake Casitas Rally - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #113

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
We will be there if, and only if conditions improve. No way are we going into a situation like the present one!

Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #114

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Conditions should be good.. Santa Clarita is now totally fire free.

Stevenson Ranch is on 5 and the fire is still going there. 126 is the road we need to go to lake Casitas. It's been closed to incoming traffic, but outgoing has been OK. Winds are gone in our area today...

Everything is looking up and we are planning to leave Thursday and hit the road for a good time at Lake Casitas...... hopefully we see everyone there.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #115

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
We'll be there Friday! I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone!

Not a thing I can do about the fires and the Lake Casitas area is not involved.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #116

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
CarolnJim

I'm glad everything is OK. I didn't realize that Sand Canyon got involved till this morning.

Do we know anything about Gina's house. That area up by Lake Arrowhead looks like it is totally out of control. At least she is in a safe place.

Gina, if you see this --- check in often, if you can. We are thinking and praying for you and anyone else in danger and/ or whose property is at risk.

Ted & Priscilla
Old 10-23-2007, 02:17 PM   #117

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Well folks, I hate to do this but I'm going to cancel.

I've been dealing with a bronchical problem that's not going away in the next few days. I just called Ventura City Offices regarding smoke. The lady told me that she doesn't have a bronchical problem and the smoke is bothering her. She also said that looking out to the ocean it is usually very clear but with the smoke around it's terribly hazy. Oh, she also said she'd heard there's a fire up near Santa Barbara not sure where but maybe some of the smoke is coming from it.

I said I think I'll not come and she said "that might be a smart move", considering my current situation.

Bobbie, Yes going 101 is definitely and hour or so longer, which also doesn't thrill me, with my current health situation. It's taken me close to 10 hours to go from Santa Maria to Sonora and Lake Casitas has to be another hour and half down from Santa Maria.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:14 PM   #118

Sorry Joy we'll miss you.

I just phoned Lake Casitas - Just a little bit of smoke - no fires in area.. Nice temperature...

By Thursday I'm thinking, everything will make Lake Casitas a great place to be.

By the way .... The campgrounds are pretty full...

No spaces available in BASS campground.

One space available in EGRET.

2 spaces available in F campground.

I emailed the Rally information to all of you. Please print it out to take with you.

If you didn't receive it, I will have a few copies at the rally.

We're looking forward to seeing all of you.
Carol
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #119

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
I emailed the Rally information to all of you. Please print it out to take with you.
[/quote]

I couldn't open your attachment. What did it say? We are heading for Pismo Beach tomorrow, since we made arrangements to be away from home. If conditions improve substantially, we will go on down to Lake Casitas. Otherwise, we will spend the weekend further north. We hope everyone is OK!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM   #120

2007 LAKE CASITAS RALLY

...Bike Paths …Lake Casitas has good biking, hiking or walking on cement
...Camp fires are allowed - Please bring Firewood. Don’t forget your chairs.
...Shower house This is located directly behind the Main Office.
I was told they charge 50 cents for 4 minutes.
...If you have a boat or Kayak, this is a great time to bring them. Please remember
Lake Casitas does not allow swimming or even touching a toe to the water.
...Friday 4:00 - Wine and Cheese ---
Meet and greet … Appetizers appreciated – bring your own drinks.
...Friday night - Keeping dinner simple … It’s a Hot Dog weiner roast night…
Whenever you arrive, Sit around a bonfire and roast hot dogs on sticks over the campfire. …Bring your favorite wieners, plates and drinks. If you can share, a salad, beans, chips, etc., that would be great. Please bring condiments, if you have them.
...Friday night Roast marshmellows around the campfire … maybe someone plays a guitar or a keyboard for a sing-a-long… Any ideas are appreciate.
...Open Trailer Saturday 10:30 – 12:00. It’s that fun time again to see what changes everyone is making to these fiberglass wonders. Then plenty of time to enjoy the day, take a walk, check out the lake, chat with friends, how about board games, and how about just relaxing… Yeah!
...Scrapbooking by Lisa 2 Workshops
1:30 – 2:15 The digital one will take about 30 minutes or so and it is free.
2:15 - 3:15 Lisa will do a hands-on workshop that will take about 45 minutes
$1 per person will cover Lisa’s expenses.
For those that have signed up – Joy, Lora, Gisela, Madison, Ciara and Helen.
Please bring two 4 x 6 photos that have something to do with each other: two pictures from a Christmas or two pictures of grandkids or two pictures from a vacation, etc... You will have a nice stand up card to take home and display. .
...Sell, Trade or Giveaway your RV Items Space 49 2:00 – 3:00
Do you have RV items sitting around that you want to sell, trade or give away.
This is your chance. Please price and mark your items …. Take back if not sold.
...Wine Tasting Saturday 3:00. Space 44 Maggie and Wes.
Please bring a bottle of your favorite wine. Bottles will be covered for the wine tasting so we can see what is really the most favorite. Appetizers would be appreciated ... cheese, crackers, dips, celery, carrots – just a few ideas. (Last year this turned into almost dinner.)
...Saturday Night Dinner-
Dinner on your own or share with others whatever you have for an Impromptu Potluck .
...Saturday 7:00 pm - Dessert
Bring your favorite dessert to share around the campfire..
...Sunday – 11:30 - Leftover Luncheon -
Bring anything that you would like to share -
This will be our last chance to be together at our Sixth Lake Casitas rally.
=========
(I had to squish this info together so it wasn't so long... )
Old 10-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #121

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
I've been dealing with a bronchical problem that's not going away in the next few days. I just called Ventura City Offices regarding smoke. The lady told me that she doesn't have a bronchical problem and the smoke is bothering her. She also said that looking out to the ocean it is usually very clear but with the smoke around it's terribly hazy. Oh, she also said she'd heard there's a fire up near Santa Barbara not sure where but maybe some of the smoke is coming from it.
Thats an issue for me, too, because I have asthma, but I'm going to wait a bit and see. If the wind changes and starts to come from the west it will clear up quickly.

Bobbie
Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #122

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I've been feeling so crummy that I'm really not ready for this trip. One day it feels like a cold coming on then the next sort like a flu. Very tired and energy level is low.

My reservation is for B52 Thursday through Sunday, out on Monday.

I plan to call at 8:30am tomorrow to cancel.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #123

Washington
Registry
Would some or all who are going to arrive Thursday let us have their phone numbers so we can call and check out the smoke situation? It looks much more promising now with the wind changing but things could change fast again.

Bobbie
Old 10-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #124

Washington
Registry
Never mind, found the phone number on the info, and the conditions are looking good. See you all there tomorrow!

Bobbie
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #125

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Bobbie, I am doing much better today than I was yesterday, and I am right smack dab in the middle of where all the smoke is laying in.

The weather is cooling down, and when I was walking the pups this morning, I swear I felt a tad bit of moisture.. you should be OK.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #126

Trailer: 79 Apache Roamer (Trying to Buy an 'Egg')
I live near Lake Casitas (Ventura, about 15 miles way) and we have not been affected by the fires other than smoke and ashes (which are pretty light today; barely noticible). I have a friend who lives about 4 miles from Lake Casitas and this morning she said it is not as smoky in Ojai (very near to Lake Casitas) as it is here, so it should be fine by this weekend. Also, the fires around this area have been 100% contained so won't be moving anywhere now (there was a big fire visible from Lake Casitas Sept. 2006 so I think that brush has all been burned away, and that would be some ground the Piru fire would have had to traverse to get anywhere near the lake).

I have been looking for a Fiberglass RV since May or so, but haven't found the perfect one yet (16' Scamp or Bigfoot 17 with a side bathroom/shower combination and the bunk option). Still, would it be OK if I came out with my 4 year old to admire your campers and say hello on Saturday?