Lake Casitas 8th Annual Rally - Page 12 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #155

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
What made the Compact II so heavy? And where are all your pictures?

Bobbie
I didn't take any pictures this time.

The Compact II is slightly wider than the Compact Jr. This one has a range with oven and a bathroom with a toilet. I don't remember if it has a refrigerator...

Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #156

Name: Dana
Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
California
Whee, that was fun!

Thank you CarolnJim for arranging everything,

Thank you Alexandra and Mataniu for hosting the weenie roast, where we got our first inkling of what a fantastic group of people we had happened into,

Thank you Frederick for weighing our trailer,

Thank you Lori for teaching my wife dutch oven cooking,

Thank you to the many people who willingly told us all about their trailers after they had already told so many others the same thing.

We learned lots of things, not only about trailers and gear, but camping, campgrounds, and how to have fun without spending lots of money.

We were especially fortunate that we and several others of the Compact series and an old Boler all wound up near one another, so I could pester their owners with far too many questions. Everyone was most gracious with their time and knowledge.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #157

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
WOW! That is eye opening information. Especially since we are on the fence between a smaller (13-15 ft) trailer vs. a larger 17 footer. I think that just helped us make up our minds since our tow vehicle is a minivan and we dont want to be that close to our 3500lb tow capacity. Too bad manufacturers dont give more accurate (out the door) weights. Thank you very much for posting this.

Melissa

Quote:
I weighed 8 Fiberglass Trailers and 2 Aluminum Stickies (for comparison)
Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #158

Name: Joe
Trailer: Hunter Industries
California
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
What a weekend! hehe
BIG THANKS to Carol & Jim for masterminding/hosting the rally, and to all their helpers for getting this all together so that all of us could enjoy it and have the fun that we did!

This was my very first rally, and it was great seeing all the various rigs, meeting so many people in person that I've read the threads of or messaged with on here, I will DEFINITELY be looking forward to the next event!

To my fellow Hunter owners (Dana & Sue and Mike & Hillary!) was GREAT seeing your rigs in person, SO much more educational than just seeing pics on here, and definitely shows that we all have different ideas/goals for our rigs, and they are great little 'canvas' for us to create on, huh? I'm looking forward to the next rally so we can all see how our 'works in progress' have grown & progressed!

Lori, the dutch oven class was EXCELLENT! I'm DEFINITELY using my dutch oven on my very next camping trip, and on many other future ones too. Everybody's dishes were VERY tastey, I think that was the best I've eaten in a LONG time! hehe

Overall it was GREAT meeting you all, seeing your rigs in person, seeing all the great Mods, and just having a good time among all the fiberglass rigs!

See you at the next Rally!
Joe
Old 11-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #159

Trailer: Compact Jr
Here are a few photos during the get together. Sorry, I didn't get everyone's trailers, and all the mods done to your Casitas trailers. I did however take a few shots of the older trailers that are similar to my Compact Jr. There are a few shots of the day events.

Photos here!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #160

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Cliff - Wow, you took a LOT of pics! Thanx for posting so those of us who weren't able to be there can share in the fun. Yep, good news/no one hurt ... bad news/idiot-caused trailer damage! Hope it can be made right for ya! L 'n D
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #161

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Cliff, great pictures! Joe, did you have your pop top redone? It looks great with the windows. And I like the Compact that has all the open interior space and the twin cots. If I ever gut mine I'd do something like that, just have maybe one secure cabinet to keep food away from hungry corgis.

Bobbie
Old 11-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #162

California
Cliff, thank you for the great pictures, including the many detail shots.

Now I can look at the photos of Joe's Compact II while I am deciding where to put the refrigerator vents.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #163

California
Bobbie, the Compact Jr with the open floorplan is owned by Hillary and Michael, a wonderful couple, and is the one featured on http://thistinyhouse.com/2009/a-brief-hist...y-tiny-trailer/

I was fortunate that they and Joe Domingos were just a few spots away from me and I got to pester all three with zillions of questions.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #164

Quote:
...snip... I was fortunate that they and Joe Domingos were just a few spots away from me and I got to pester all three with zillions of questions.
Funny how that worked out that all three Compacts were so close together. I guess it was meant to be. Here is a picture of another Compact Jr. that a friend owns. You can see interior shots, in Douglas Keisters Teardrop book recently published.

Compact Jr. Blue
Old 11-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #165

Ok, so now I am feeling a bit guilty not taking more Casitas trailer photos. So... Here is a link to my Lake Casitas 2008 rally photos for plenty of Casitas.

Last years 2008 Lake Casitas Rally
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #166

Trailer: 2004 17' Casita
Thanks to all who put on the Rally. We enjoyed it very much. See everyone in Quartzsite in February. Safe and Happy camping. Doug and Michelle
Old 11-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #167

Thank you Frederick for weighing our "open floorplan" Compact Jr. I notice you put a #1 next to ours, indicating we came in... ehm... first place. Looks like we don't have any challengers either, but would be interested in finding out if that is the case.

It was quite convenient that Dana & Sue's Compact Jr and Joe's Compact II were just a couple of spaces away. It was great to get to know you all and the ins and outs of your tiny trailers.

And thanks Cliff for the pictures and the tips. I look forward to seeing the progress on your Compact. (It's such a bummer that your beautiful canned ham got crunched.)

Thanks Anita & John for the local insider info on the area. We had a lovely Sunday.

And of course thanks so much for hosting us Carol and Jim... and everyone else who played a part in organizing the weekend. Our first rally! Our first trailer!

Hillary
Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #168

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Thanks to everyone who helped us be the camp fire girls we had a great time!

Alexandra and Mataniu