Lake Casitas Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #41

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Thanks for bringing all of your equipment to the rally.

Count us in Fred.. We want our Casita weighed, fully loaded .

Carol and Jim
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #42

Anyone interested in an ICE CREAM SOCIAL at the rally?

We are planning on having it at 1:30 on Saturday and we need volunteers to set tables up, and to help dish up the ice cream, as each person describes his desired treat to you.

Also and most important ... WE NEED ICE CREAM - 1/2 gallons of ice cream, probably vanilla would be best - we need sauces, and toppings ... maybe cans of crushed pineapple, strawberries (cleaned and cut), bananas, etc. Cans of Whipped cream too.

A few people could bring cookies or brownies - Yum.

We should have about 70 people or so, we need to have plenty to go around.

If you know what you would like to bring, please email me.... I'll try to watch so we don't have more sauces than we need, and not enough ice cream etc.

We will have bowls, spoons, napkins, for everyone.

How does this sound to all of you? . We are hoping everyone will participate... :clap:

(Please let me know ASAP - I have two out of state trips planned and will be gone from Sept 8-27, and again Oct 10-20. I am trying my best to get the rally in great shape before I leave for my trip).

Thanks to all, and we look forward to seeing that you all have a great time at the rally.

Carol and Jim
Old 09-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #43

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
We're unable to make the trip this year. Space 21 will be available Friday and Saturday nights. Would anyone like it before I cancel it? Please PM me. Thanks!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #44

Trailer: Compact Jr
CarolJim,

Add us to the list! With Esther and Jim's (B45) help, I was able to coordinate a reservation. They cancelled, and I called just after to get the spot. woo hoo!

Cliff and Vanessa

Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #45

Trailer: 79 13 ft Scamp and 74 Compact II
Quote:
We're unable to make the trip this year. Space 21 will be available Friday and Saturday nights. Would anyone like it before I cancel it? Please PM me. Thanks!
Hi, Do you still have your space available? If so, I would like to purchase it from you.
Cindy Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #46

Yes, still available. If you'll PM me we can make arrangements. Thanks!

Quote:
Hi, Do you still have your space available? If so, I would like to purchase it from you.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #47

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Hi! Newbie here! Hoping to get our egg ready to attend the Lake Casitas Rally but there aren't any sites left in the Bass Area. Anyone have to cancel or ???? We did find hookup sites across the way at Egret. Doesn't look too far from Bass but not sure. Thanks for any info. Eve
Eve V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #48

Hi! Hoping to get our rig ready to attend the Lake Casitas Rally but there aren't any sites left in the Bass Area. Anyone have to cancel or ???? We did find hookup sites across the way at Egret. Doesn't look too far from Bass but not sure. Thanks for any info. Eve
Old 09-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #49

Hi Cliff, I did send her a PM today & waiting for reply. I believe Carol and Jim are on the road, at least that's what I read. Thanks for your reply.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #50

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Oh good Eve, you saw my post about the Lake Casitas Rally, I know you wanted a beach Rally. But I think you will enjoy this rally as well. I sure wish I could go, I will be in Ojai a couple weeks before for my class reunion and visit, But can't stay long enough to catch the rally. Have a great time! It's been years since I have camped at the Lake, but I think you would be ok in the other loop if you can't get a site with the others. Enjoy! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #51

My site has been taken. Hopefully I'll see you all at Lake San Antonio!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #52

Thanks Lisa. I'm booking a site at Camp E for the Lake Casitas Rally and between the recent broken frame on my Pacer, amongst other little issues, I think I can get the family CJ up and running quicker, we just don't have a canvas, pattern or anything to go by. Anyway, don't want to bore you all with my egg implosion, we just got the bug reading all the info from this site, went out and got two fixers between the family and now we are a little overwhelmed. I've already decided if we have to, we'll just head to the rally in our tent trailer just to meet everyone and soak in the ambiance

Please sign up Juan, Eve and Emily for the rally. I hope it's ok even if we have to come in a Pop Up.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #53

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Carolyn and I will not be able to attend the Lake Casitas Rally. Therefore, space B 58 will be available for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. If you are interested in that space you can email me and we can arrange for me to phone you as soon as I cancel the reservation. We'll be back for future rallies.
Jim Johnson
JHJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #54

Trailer: 1987 Scamp
Quote:
Carolyn and I will not be able to attend the Lake Casitas Rally. Therefore, space B 58 will be available for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. If you are interested in that space you can email me and we can arrange for me to phone you as soon as I cancel the reservation. We'll be back for future rallies.
Jim Johnson
Hi guys, we just talked to Cliff and Vanessa at the Spamboree and found out about the
rally. We would love your space for Fri and Sat. Gerry McKinney 714-328-1354 cell hopefully I will hear it at work in the AM!
larrygerrymck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #55

Quote:
Jim Johnson

Wow, we would of loved to of moved over from campground E to B and joined the group. Bummer we were away this weekend & missed this posting.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #56

Cindy Ross got first dibs on B58 and I expect her friends to take it. If they, for any reason, decide not to I will repost it. I will miss all of you but will be back for the next FG rally.
Jim
Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #57

Hi everybody....

Yes, I have been gone for 3 weeks and just returned. I went to Alaska, and cruised ... it was fun ... I had a friend that went with me and we had a fantastic time. Jim stayed home to babysit our cat (Jerry). Sounds fair to me.

Back to business now.

I'm hoping everyone can find a space at the BASS campground .... keep calling Lake Casitas reservations ... there are other campers in BASS campground besides our group and someone might cancel. If not, there are other campgrounds at the lake ... and you can still join us for all the activities.

If you have made a reservation and have not emailed me with your space number, and your names for name tags, please be sure to let me know...

Jim Johnson has been fantastic working for me while I was gone on my trip. He has been keeping track of all reservations posted, making name tags, and contacting folks when he needed information. Carolyn and Jim will not be able to attend because of Carolyn's surgery and I am very sorry about that. They will be missed at this years rally.

If everything works out, here is what is planned.
Space 44 will be where we will probably hold most of the following.

Campfire (Wes) .. (site 44 ....I think)
Hot Dogs Friday night over Wes's Campfire (bring Weiners and buns and cook over the fire)
Talking Stick (Bonnie will bring)
Dutch Oven Cooking (Lori) ... Lori will let everyone know on FiberglassRV ....
Wine Tasting (Maggi and Bonnie) (bring a bottle of favorite wine if you want to join in .....
DJ's and their music (Harvey and Gwen)
Ice Cream Social Sat at 1:00 .. (everyone will bring something.. we do need vanilla ice cream)
Movies (probably Thursday and Sunday nights) (Jim)
Sale items, giveaways, and trade. Saturday for an hour .. (Jim and Chuck)
Game Tables for board games (need someone to take charge of this)
Trailer Walk Thru (Saturday morning)
Disaster Round table Talk (Fred)
Trailer Weighing (Fred)

If you can volunteer to set tables up, dish out ice cream, etc, please let me know.

If you have questions, please click on my name on the left of one of my posts and email me... I will be out of state again (Buffalo and NYC) from Oct 10-20... so If I don't get back to you... you know why.

Carol
Old 09-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #58

Hi Carol,

Yep, we're still hoping to be over there at Bass with everyone & will keep calling in for cancelations. Currently, we are reserved in Egret. The family is looking forward to coming out and joining the festivities.

We will be able to bring 2 or 3 quarts of vinalla ice cream (whatever will fit in our little freezer) & Juan, Emmy & myself will be happy to help out setting up tables where needed. Put the 3 of down to help man the ice cream social too. Once we arrive, I can give you my cell number and if help is needed, we can just hike on over. My daughter Emily, 13, loves to be involved and is a great assistant. SHe'll love it. She's bugging me to get take the Pacer just for her, but not sure it'll be ready. I think she's going to get a kick out of seeing all the egg rv's. Looks like it's going to be a great turnout.

Look forward to seeing y'all then and have a safe journey to NYC.

Eve

Old 10-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #59

Hi everybody....

I have been gone for 3 weeks and just returned. I went to Alaska, and cruised ... it was fun ... I had a friend that went with me and we had a fantastic time. Jim stayed home to babysit our cat (Jerry). Sounds fair to me.

Back to business now.

I'm hoping everyone can find a space at the BASS campground .... keep calling Lake Casitas reservations ... there are other campers in BASS campground besides our group and someone might cancel. If not, there are other campgrounds at the lake ... and you can still join us for all the activities.

If you have made a reservation and have not emailed me with your space number, and your names for name tags, please be sure to let me know...

Jim Johnson has been fantastic working for me while I was gone on my trip. He has been keeping track of all reservations posted, making name tags, and contacting folks when he needed information. Carolyn and Jim will not be able to attend because of Carolyn's surgery and I am very sorry about that. They will be missed at this years rally.

If everything works out, here is what is planned.
Space 44 will be where we will probably hold most of the following.

Campfire (Wes) .. (site 44 ....I think)
Hot Dogs Friday night over Wes's Campfire (bring Weiners and buns and cook over the fire)
Talking Stick (Bonnie will bring)
Dutch Oven Cooking (Lori) ... Lori will let everyone know on FiberglassRV ....
Wine Tasting (Maggi and Bonnie) (bring a bottle of favorite wine if you want to join in .....
DJ's and their music (Harvey and Gwen)
Ice Cream Social Sat at 1:00 .. (everyone will bring something.. we do need vanilla ice cream)
Movies (probably Thursday and Sunday nights) (Jim)
Sale items, giveaways, and trade. Saturday for an hour .. (Jim and Chuck)
Game Tables for board games (need someone to take charge of this)
Trailer Walk Thru (Saturday morning)
Disaster Round table Talk (Fred)
Trailer Weighing (Fred)

If you can volunteer to set tables up, dish out ice cream, etc, please let me know.

If you have questions, please click on my name on the left of one of my posts and email me... I will be out of state again (Buffalo and NYC) from Oct 10-20... so If I don't get back to you... you know why.

Carol

Old 10-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #60

I have learned that Bass 59 (Carol V) canceled. I don't know the date. It may have been taken by one of that other kind of RVs but if you ar still looking it might be worth looking into. If you get that site please post on this thread or send me an email (click on my name and go to my member page) so I can make name tags for all in your group. Thanks.

Jim Johnson