Lake Casitas Rally - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #61

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Quote:
I have learned that Bass 59 (Carol V) canceled. I don't know the date. It may have been taken by one of that other kind of RVs but if you ar still looking it might be worth looking into. If you get that site please post on this thread or send me an email (click on my name and go to my member page) so I can make name tags for all in your group. Thanks.

Jim Johnson
Hi Jim, I on it!!
Eve V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #62

Site 59 was re-booked sometime ago.

The good news, they just released the camp host sites! 3 and 61! Please update us from Egret 9 to Bass 61 B-3 is still available as of 9 am today & it's a pull through I believe.

Eve

Old 10-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #63

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe

Congratulations Eve. I'm really glad to see you will be in BASS. It's really great to have everyone together for the rally.

Please click on Jim Johnsons name above, JHJohnson, and let him know your family's full names for name tags..

Jim has been fantastic .. such a help to me. He has been doing 90% of the work on nametags for me. My email is down and I have been working with Earthlink to get it back up. I can use webmail but it isn't the same.

I hope to be able to send an email out to everyone before the rally.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #64

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Fiberglass RV friends,

I am planning to conduct a dutch oven cooking workshop on Saturday afternoon at 2:30 after the ice cream social at the Lake Casitas Rally. Each participant will cook a different recipe and we'll eat them all together about 5:30. We'll invite others to bring stuff and join us for a pot luck.

If you are interested in participating, please email me. I typically provide participants with a recipe and they bring the appropriate ingredients. If you want to join us and play, but don't have a dutch oven, I do have a few extras. If you have participated before, come join us again - the more the merrier.

Lori Sanders
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #65

Hi Eve

I see that you were able to get a space in BASS. B61. That's great.

Thanks also for the ice cream.. We really need the ice cream .... we will have an assortment of toppings that everyone is bringing.

I believe we have 34 trailers signed up now.

I leave Friday morning for Buffalo, NY for 6 nights ... it's been about 8 years since I've been back to see my sister and her family... I'm looking forward to it. Then flying from Buffalo to NYC for 3 nights.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #66

Hi Carol,

Yep, we are in at Bass!

Do you know if there is a way to remove this posting as we no longer need a "wanted ad"?

Also, as hard as we try, we keep running into little repairs we need (on our Pacer to get her out to the Rally, so it's looking more & more like we'll just have to attend in our pop up & plan to introduce our Pacer next year or the next rally. We've only had her for 2/3 weeks & now we found most of the bolts holding egg to frame are loose or missing, so floor needs to come up now. This is ok, because with the freezer in our Pop Up, we'll still be able to bring ice cream. And with only 2 weeks to go, I think we just need to step back, slow down and take our time on our Pacer before we take her out.

OK, sounds like you have a busy travel schedule, have a great visit & we look forward to meeting everyone at the Lake.

Eve
Old 10-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #67

Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot 17 ft ('The Sea Glass')
I would love to attend your Dutch Oven Demo. I have a 5 year old so it kind of depends on whether or not I can get her to come and sit quietly-but I am good at bribing her with a new book or something so pretty sure I'll be there.

Also, we can bring some Vanilla Ice Cream for the Ice Cream Social. Our Feezer is on the small side, so maybe 2 half gallons.

Only 2 weeks to go-I am really looking forwad to it!
Toni M T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #68

Hi Eve

Pacer or pop-up - we're looking forward to seeing you there.

No, I'm sorry but I don't know of a way to change or remove the post... But it's not a problem, you've posted that you did get a space, so know worries.

Thanks for bringing ice cream. With 75 + people coming - we need lots.

We'll see you at the rally.

Carol

Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #69

Quote:
I would love to attend your Dutch Oven Demo. I have a 5 year old so it kind of depends on whether or not I can get her to come and sit quietly-but I am good at bribing her with a new book or something so pretty sure I'll be there.

Also, we can bring some Vanilla Ice Cream for the Ice Cream Social. Our Feezer is on the small side, so maybe 2 half gallons.

Only 2 weeks to go-I am really looking forwad to it!
Hi Toni,

This workshop will be a hands-on, everybody cooks, type of class, although there are always people on the sidelines watching the process and listening. Would you like a recipe? Then you would buy the ingredients and bring them to cook and then we'll eat dinner after.

Lori
Old 10-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #70

Hi Gina

Just wondering if you will be able to join us at the rally?

Carol
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 PM   #71

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Carol, no.. sorry. It's not in the cards for me this year.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #72

Hi Gina

We're sorry that you won't be there.... but we certainly understand. We'll miss you.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #73

Quote:
Lori,
It would be fun to participate in the dutch oven cooking, and have a number of recipes that I yet to try. I have the basic equipment, and will bring it along to learn and cook something for the potluck.

For anyone living within traveling distance to Doheny State Beach the IDOS group will be having a DOG (dutch oven gathering), October 17, 18, 19. It would be a fun Saturday to check it out.

Info Click Here
Clif,

Do you want to use one of your recipes or one of mine? If you want to use your own, please send me the recipe. What size dutch oven will you be bringing?

The way I handle the workshops is that each participant brings the ingredients and their dutch oven and tools (some folks will borrow dutch oven & equipment) for a prearranged recipe. No need to do any preparation ahead of time. I arrange a schedule so that we all prepare and cook each dish and all the food gets done at the same time and then we eat. I make copies of all the recipes we cook for everyone who participates.

It looks like we will have 6 or 7 dutch ovens cooking this time, and we will have a variety of recipes. We will invite anyone else who wants to bring some food to share and join us for a potluck about 5:30 on Saturday night.

How does that sound?

Lori
Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #74

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Say hello to your neighbors. As of today, this is the roster for the Lake Casitas Rally. If you find a mistake or an incorrect spelling please click on my name and send me an email. Thanks.
Jim Johnson

B03 Tom & JoAnn
B06 Harvey & Gwen
B07 Lizbeth & Eric
B12 Tom & Sharon
B14 Nancy & Ollie
B15 Larry & Gerry
B16 Art & Concetta
B17 Philip & Helen
B20 John & Cathy, Madison, Ciara
B21 Cindy & Bob
B22 Joan & Doug
B23 Rob & Toni, Lauren
B30 Anita & John
B37 Don & Karen
B39 Al & Jeanne
B40 Bill & Gisela
B41 Jeanne & Paul
B42 Bob & Cleette
B43 Bonnie & Taoward
B44 Chris & Ken
B45 Cliff & Vanessa
B46 Dave & Elizabeth
B47 Mike & Shari
B48 Gary & Joyce
B49 Mike & Lori
B50 Jim & Carol
B53 Gil & Sandy
B54 Fred & Robert
B55 Chuck & Geri
B56 Ted & Priscilla
B57 Maggi & Wes
B58 Lynn & Larri
B60 Chris & Clete
B61 Eve & Juan, Emily
JHJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:41 PM   #75

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, all - just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend at Lake Casitas! Sorry we can't be part of this event, to see old friends and meet lots of new ones. Travel safe and have a blast! L 'n D
Old 10-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #76

Trailer: 1987 Scamp
Sad news Larry & Gerry will not be able after all to make the campout, I cancelled space B15 today. Keep us in the loop for another time, Gerry

Quote:
Say hello to your neighbors. As of today, this is the roster for the Lake Casitas Rally. If you find a mistake or an incorrect spelling please click on my name and send me an email. Thanks.
Jim Johnson

B03 Tom & JoAnn
B06 Harvey & Gwen
B07 Lizbeth & Eric
B12 Tom & Sharon
B14 Nancy & Ollie
B15 Larry & Gerry
B16 Art & Concetta
B17 Philip & Helen
B20 John & Cathy, Madison, Ciara
B21 Cindy & Bob
B22 Joan & Doug
B23 Rob & Toni, Lauren
B30 Anita & John
B37 Don & Karen
B39 Al & Jeanne
B40 Bill & Gisela
B41 Jeanne & Paul
B42 Bob & Cleette
B43 Bonnie & Taoward
B44 Chris & Ken
B45 Cliff & Vanessa
B46 Dave & Elizabeth
B47 Mike & Shari
B48 Gary & Joyce
B49 Mike & Lori
B50 Jim & Carol
B53 Gil & Sandy
B54 Fred & Robert
B55 Chuck & Geri
B56 Ted & Priscilla
B57 Maggi & Wes
B58 Lynn & Larri
B60 Chris & Clete
B61 Eve & Juan, Emily
larrygerrymck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #77

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
If someone wishing to join the Lake Casitas Rallly gets B15 please email me so that I can add your name(s) to the roster and give Carol Upton the info for her email to all next week. Thanks.
Jim Johnson
JHJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #78

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Ollie and I are up for a Geocaching expedition--there are many, many caches in the Lake Casitas area. I'll post more in a bit, but if you've never heard of Geocaching, you can go to www.geocaching.com to get you started. You need a hand held GPS device, or partner with someone who does. I'll find a few and post them, then we'll find a spare few moments in the weekend schedule. It's good clean fun!
Nancy Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #79

Dutch Oven Workshop - Saturday, 2:30

We now have 7 participants signed up for the Dutch Oven Workshop (plus a few observers, of course)

Chris Hildner, Nancy Wright, Sharon Canino, Sandy Pitt, Maggi Rudy, Jeanne Ashby, and Lori Sanders

If you aren't on the list, and want to participate, email me right away.

Everyone is invited to join us after the workshop for a potluck, about 5:30. Bring something to share (and the usual table, tableware, chairs, etc.)

Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #80

Quote:
Lori,

It's been hectic on my end, but look forward to participating in the potluck. I haven't decided on which recipe to try, and have a few to choose from. I hope to cook a main, or side dish, and a cobbler dessert. If someone else is cooking a cobbler, surely there is never enough! :-)
I usually try to print out a mini-cookbook for each of the participants in the workshop and include each of the dishes. If you have time, please send me your recipes so I can include them.

Lori