Lake Casitas Rally - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 PM   #71

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Carol, no.. sorry. It's not in the cards for me this year.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #72

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

We're sorry that you won't be there.... but we certainly understand. We'll miss you.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #73

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
Lori,
It would be fun to participate in the dutch oven cooking, and have a number of recipes that I yet to try. I have the basic equipment, and will bring it along to learn and cook something for the potluck.

For anyone living within traveling distance to Doheny State Beach the IDOS group will be having a DOG (dutch oven gathering), October 17, 18, 19. It would be a fun Saturday to check it out.

Info Click Here
Clif,

Do you want to use one of your recipes or one of mine? If you want to use your own, please send me the recipe. What size dutch oven will you be bringing?

The way I handle the workshops is that each participant brings the ingredients and their dutch oven and tools (some folks will borrow dutch oven & equipment) for a prearranged recipe. No need to do any preparation ahead of time. I arrange a schedule so that we all prepare and cook each dish and all the food gets done at the same time and then we eat. I make copies of all the recipes we cook for everyone who participates.

It looks like we will have 6 or 7 dutch ovens cooking this time, and we will have a variety of recipes. We will invite anyone else who wants to bring some food to share and join us for a potluck about 5:30 on Saturday night.

How does that sound?

Lori
Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #74

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Say hello to your neighbors. As of today, this is the roster for the Lake Casitas Rally. If you find a mistake or an incorrect spelling please click on my name and send me an email. Thanks.
Jim Johnson

B03 Tom & JoAnn
B06 Harvey & Gwen
B07 Lizbeth & Eric
B12 Tom & Sharon
B14 Nancy & Ollie
B15 Larry & Gerry
B16 Art & Concetta
B17 Philip & Helen
B20 John & Cathy, Madison, Ciara
B21 Cindy & Bob
B22 Joan & Doug
B23 Rob & Toni, Lauren
B30 Anita & John
B37 Don & Karen
B39 Al & Jeanne
B40 Bill & Gisela
B41 Jeanne & Paul
B42 Bob & Cleette
B43 Bonnie & Taoward
B44 Chris & Ken
B45 Cliff & Vanessa
B46 Dave & Elizabeth
B47 Mike & Shari
B48 Gary & Joyce
B49 Mike & Lori
B50 Jim & Carol
B53 Gil & Sandy
B54 Fred & Robert
B55 Chuck & Geri
B56 Ted & Priscilla
B57 Maggi & Wes
B58 Lynn & Larri
B60 Chris & Clete
B61 Eve & Juan, Emily
Old 10-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #75

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, all - just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend at Lake Casitas! Sorry we can't be part of this event, to see old friends and meet lots of new ones. Travel safe and have a blast! L 'n D
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #76

Trailer: 1987 Scamp
Sad news Larry & Gerry will not be able after all to make the campout, I cancelled space B15 today. Keep us in the loop for another time, Gerry

Quote:
Say hello to your neighbors. As of today, this is the roster for the Lake Casitas Rally. If you find a mistake or an incorrect spelling please click on my name and send me an email. Thanks.
Jim Johnson

B03 Tom & JoAnn
B06 Harvey & Gwen
B07 Lizbeth & Eric
B12 Tom & Sharon
B14 Nancy & Ollie
B15 Larry & Gerry
B16 Art & Concetta
B17 Philip & Helen
B20 John & Cathy, Madison, Ciara
B21 Cindy & Bob
B22 Joan & Doug
B23 Rob & Toni, Lauren
B30 Anita & John
B37 Don & Karen
B39 Al & Jeanne
B40 Bill & Gisela
B41 Jeanne & Paul
B42 Bob & Cleette
B43 Bonnie & Taoward
B44 Chris & Ken
B45 Cliff & Vanessa
B46 Dave & Elizabeth
B47 Mike & Shari
B48 Gary & Joyce
B49 Mike & Lori
B50 Jim & Carol
B53 Gil & Sandy
B54 Fred & Robert
B55 Chuck & Geri
B56 Ted & Priscilla
B57 Maggi & Wes
B58 Lynn & Larri
B60 Chris & Clete
B61 Eve & Juan, Emily
Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #77

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
If someone wishing to join the Lake Casitas Rallly gets B15 please email me so that I can add your name(s) to the roster and give Carol Upton the info for her email to all next week. Thanks.
Jim Johnson
Old 10-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #78

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Ollie and I are up for a Geocaching expedition--there are many, many caches in the Lake Casitas area. I'll post more in a bit, but if you've never heard of Geocaching, you can go to www.geocaching.com to get you started. You need a hand held GPS device, or partner with someone who does. I'll find a few and post them, then we'll find a spare few moments in the weekend schedule. It's good clean fun!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:00 AM   #79

Dutch Oven Workshop - Saturday, 2:30

We now have 7 participants signed up for the Dutch Oven Workshop (plus a few observers, of course)

Chris Hildner, Nancy Wright, Sharon Canino, Sandy Pitt, Maggi Rudy, Jeanne Ashby, and Lori Sanders

If you aren't on the list, and want to participate, email me right away.

Everyone is invited to join us after the workshop for a potluck, about 5:30. Bring something to share (and the usual table, tableware, chairs, etc.)

Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #80

Quote:
Lori,

It's been hectic on my end, but look forward to participating in the potluck. I haven't decided on which recipe to try, and have a few to choose from. I hope to cook a main, or side dish, and a cobbler dessert. If someone else is cooking a cobbler, surely there is never enough! :-)
I usually try to print out a mini-cookbook for each of the participants in the workshop and include each of the dishes. If you have time, please send me your recipes so I can include them.

Lori
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #81

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
Hi, everyone,

Ken & I checked in to the campground on Tuesday as we wanted to get a few additional camping days in before the rally. The weather is HOT during the day and COLD at night. Those pesky gnat-like flies are in abundance so you might want to bring some OFF or the insect-repellent of your choice to ward off the pests. They are not as bad as the yellowjackets at Bear Valley Springs two summers ago but they do like to buzz around the ears. We are in a spacious spot but may not want to have the group campfire at our location like Carol and I discussed as we have a low-hanging tree directly over our fire pit and I am afraid Bonfire Wes would ignite our campsite. Ken and I are having to keep the fire low so as not to burn the leaves above. Can't wait to see everyone.

Ken & Chris
Old 10-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #82

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Anxiously awaiting a report on the rally! Sorry I missed you all this year.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #83

Trailer: Compact Jr

Thanks to all the folks that help organize the rally, and social events! We had a wonderful time, and a really good insight to the Casita/Olliver trailers there. Every event was a success! The weiner roast, the ice cream gathering, the wine tasting event, the dutch oven potluck, the after hour movie theater were all filled with fun. Everyone was so gracious, and we made a lot of new friends. Hope to see some of you down the road again.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #84

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Anxiously awaiting a report on the rally!
I weighed 4 rigs at their campsites. I made folks hitch up so they could drive onto the portable wheel weighers, then they unhitched, leveled, and I weighed the tongues directly using a stack of wood blocks on the scale to reach the coupler.
(I apologize to the folks I promised to weigh and didn't. I got so involved with visiting, I just forgot!)

I also got a few pictures of trailers on their campsites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B45_B43.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	16451

Space B45: Cliff & Vanessa's Aluminum Deville
Space B43: Bonnie & Taoward's 17' Bigfoot

Click image for larger version

Name:	B45_Rear.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	16452