Lake Casitas Rally Oct 27-30, 2006 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-03-2006, 11:44 PM   #57

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Candy??????

Spray Paint Jerry black.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #58

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe

I'd rather find him a Halloween costume. Does anyone sew... I need a size Extra Small...

Old 10-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #59

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Hi all,

Mike and I volunteered to do a Dutch Oven cooking class on Saturday afternoon. So far, Chris Hildner and Lizbeth have expressed an interest in cooking/playing with us.

Is there anyone else who are interested in joining us? It is not necessary to be an experienced dutch oven cook. You just need to want to learn and have fun. I have lots of recipes that are fun and easy, and very tasty.

Lori

Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 PM   #60

If you have never used a Dutch Oven and would love to learn.. or if you already know how and just want to participate, you couldn't pay for more expert advice.

Please let Lori know if you would like to join in. There is a bonus to this class .. only participants get to taste what they all cook. It's a real expereience just to see all the dutch ovens - all different foods - all end up at the same time. .
Attached Thumbnails
817_1727_IMG.JPG   lori_cooking.jpg  

Old 10-04-2006, 03:28 PM   #61

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
Hi,

We will participate for sure. I will have a couple of ovens along and it already tastes good. Thanks Lori and Mike.

I'm hoping to have time to make a Tripod that I can bring so I can also use my new Bean Pot that I bought in Ruidoso last year. Maybe we can make some Chili in that.

Thanks, Carol, for the list. Looks like a good group.

EKW
Old 10-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #62

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Hi Keith:
what size is that pot. have made a couple of them. let me know if you don't get time and i'll make one for you.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #63

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
Quote:
Hi Keith:
what size is that pot. have made a couple of them. let me know if you don't get time and i'll make one for you.
Hi Lou,

Nice of you to offer. I'm in Jacksonville, Florida visiting my Son and will be home on Wed, the 12th. I'll let you know if I need your help. I can't remember the size but I'd guess it's about 11 or 12 inches in diameter at the top. It's one I bought at the Chuck Wagon cook off in Ruidoso. I'm going to make the tripod with 1/2 inch rod and make it about 60 inches tall. I also want to make a trammel hook of sorts so I can adjust the pot up or down. A chain works but there are other, more ''cool'' designs from the old days.

I'll be in touch.

EKW
Old 10-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #64

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
Quote:
Hi Lou,

Nice of you to offer. I'm in Jacksonville, Florida visiting my Son and will be home on Wed, the 12th. I'll let you know if I need your help. I can't remember the size but I'd guess it's about 11 or 12 inches in diameter at the top. It's one I bought at the Chuck Wagon cook off in Ruidoso. I'm going to make the tripod with 1/2 inch rod and make it about 60 inches tall. I also want to make a trammel hook of sorts so I can adjust the pot up or down. A chain works but there are other, more ''cool'' designs from the old days.

I'll be in touch.

EKW
misunderstood you....was thinking of trivets. have a bunch of rebar about 3/8"....could make a tripod out of that.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #65

Trailer: 1993 Bigfoot 17 ft
Tao and I have been gone (in the trailer) for two weeks, travelling around OKRA country. We ate fried Okra, boiled okra and pickled okra. We looked in vain for Okra wine, but had to settle for corn likker.

However, we're back in time for the Lake Casita Rally! I'll be happy to help with the wine tasting as well as anything else (short of cleaning latrilnes or de-sliming okra).

Are we doing trailer costumes?
Old 10-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #66

Jim and I have been traveling too. It began on Sept 16 when we left for our trip to Lyman Lake where we met up with other Casitas - we spent 5 days there. We left there on the 22nd with Maggi and Wes and drove to Canyon de Chelly for 2 nights - afterwards they went on home and Jim and I spent another week touring beautiful Utah. Canyonlands and Arches, toured through Hole in the Rock.. very interesting. We arrived home on the 2nd of October..

I left on a 4 night cruise to SanDiego/Catalina/Ensenada with my friend on Oct 9 and returned home Friday night Oct 13th - Jim left the next morning for Orlando. It's been a very busy and fun month...

Bonnie.... Maggi will be happy to see you will help her with the wine tasting.. Please give her a call or email her to plan.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Lake Casitas ... we will be decorating a bit for Halloween... but just a little bit. Just for fun!

(My computer is sick and in the hospital for repair.. I'm using Jim's just for quick checks... I'm hoping to get mine back soon - all my info, email addresses, etc are in it and I'm feeling lost..)
Old 10-16-2006, 05:47 PM   #67

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
I was in our showroom this morning, and saw some wheel weighing scales on display that we rent out. The thought came to me that I might bring a set of 3 (that's what we have in stock) if there was interest. I would be able to weigh your trailer (1) before you got it unhitched and totally set up, or (2) as you are hitching up ready to leave.

With 3 units, we could determine tongue weight and individual tire weights, and add the 3 readings for total gross weight.

Name:   Intercomp_PT300.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  39.3 KB

I will have certified these as accurate, with my test weights, but it may take some time to figure out the most efficient way to get a weight. (I generally don't weigh actual vehicles, so I've got a small learning curve, here.)

Any takers?

(on edit I will be leaving San Diego Friday Morning, arriving at Lake Casitas early afternoon on the 27th. I have to leave Sunday the 29th so that I can go back to work Monday morning.
Frederick
Old 10-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #68

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
I will have certified these as accurate, with my test weights, but it may take some time to figure out the most efficient way to get a weight. (I generally don't weigh actual vehicles, so I've got a small learning curve, here.)

[b]Any takers? Frederick
Count me in.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #69

Hi Fred

I'll bet that you will have a lot of interest in your weighing equipment. Please bring it if it is convenient for you. Jim does have a tongue weight scale.. he plans on bringing that but it isn't as great as your system.

As you see, you already have one signed up. Since Jim and I will arrive on Thursday, and will not leave until Monday - we won't be able to do it. (We won't be hitched up).

Thanks Fred for offering these weighing scales.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:00 PM   #70

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

[quote]I would be able to weigh your trailer:
(1) before you got it unhitched and totally set up, or
(2) as you are hitching up ready to leave.

Attachment 5189

Actually, the weighing could happen [b]at any time, as far as I am concerned.

I will be able to bring the scales right to your campsite.

I just thought some people might find it inconvenient to hitch up to pull onto the scales, and then unhitch to get a tongue weight, then hitch up again to back off the scales, then unhitch to relevel and reset camp; once they're settled in for the weekend.

Quote:
Jim does have a tongue weight scale
OR, I could just bring 2 pads for the axle weights, and we could use Jim's scale for the tongue weight.

I'm flexible. If I only have one or two takers, all well and good! If I have more interest, that's fine too. This will be a trial to see if it's feasable as a rally event.