Lake Casitas Rally Oct 27-30, 2006 - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 AM   #71

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Fred you can count me in! I was wondering how much the Boler weighs since I've seen weights go from 950 to 2000lbs! I really appreciate your offer to try to do this!

So I need to totally load it up with all my goodies.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #72

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Bigfoot
I would love to weigh our bigfoot. Count me in. This is our first Rally and we are both looking forward to it. What kind of wine for the tasting should we bring?
Francine

Old 10-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #73

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Francine

For the wine tasting .. just bring a favorite wine or one that you would like to try ... it will be covered in paper with a number for the judging... Just have fun. You can bring the wine to Maggi and Wes (space 47) or Bonnie and Taoward (space 44). They will be setting up the wine tasting and will cover the bottles.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #74

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
Hey Fred,

I'd love to weigh our rig. Sounds great. That's mighty kind of you.

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

K & S
Old 10-21-2006, 01:38 AM   #75

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck-H
Being newbies, we're almost afraid to find out...but please put us down at site 55 anytime at yr convenience. Arr Thurs, depart Mon. Thank you Chuck n Nancie
Old 10-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #76

Hi Everyone

I'm still having trouble with my computer. Sometimes it doesn't allow me to receive or send emails out. So I'm going to list just a few things here. If I don't send out an email, please understand.

=======

We will have Open Trailers on Saturday morning from 11:00 to 12:30.. I will hand out an Open Trailer sign for you to put on your trailer. We will have about 32 trailers.

1. Two tables set up ... one for FREE camping items that someone might want to share ... the other table for camping items that you want to sell.. Just bring your items .. set them on the tables.. stay with your For Sale items ... Please come back and take everything home with you that isn't taken. ... Set tables up at 1:45 -- bring your items over by 2:00 - for one hour or so .......... I need volunteers to set the tables up, and take down. Please let me know if you can help

2. Friday night we will have a hot dog roast in front of the fire at Maggi and Wes's trailer (space 47). So bring weiners and rolls for yourselves .. if you have something you want to share - chips, salad etc - not necessary, but everyone would enjoy... As everyone arrrives they can come to the fire for the weiner roast and meet everyone. Makes dinner easy for arrivers....

3. Everyone... If you can please bring firewood ... a little from everyone would be a lot for our campfire nights.

4. You might want to decorate your trailer for Halloween... Just a little. Several of us are.

5. If you are doing the Dutch Oven Cooking with Lori - a Dutch Oven will be needed and probably ingredients that she has told you. Check in with Lori when you arrive - they're in Campsite 52.

6. No planned potluck ... Saturday Appetizers and wine tasting around 5:00 .. dinner on your own ... then around 7:30 .. dessert around the fire ...

7. There will be a wine tasting Saturday ... If you want to join in - bring a bottle of your favorite wine or one that you want to try or??? I thought maybe some people might want to bring appetizers during that time...

8. I'm not planning on having a potluck but if you want to get together with others for an instant potluck that's fine - You might want to be prepared to do that ..... I thought everyone could meet back for dessert after dinner.

PLEASE BRING EITHER A DESSERT OR APPETIZER FOR SATURDAY ... JUST PICK ONE.

8. Fred will have his scales with him ... let him know if you want your trailer weighed.. Sign up with Fred in Space 13...

9. Jim will have our scale for tongue weights available on Saturday morning between 9:30 and 11:00. Sign up with Jim in our space 50.

10. Lake Casitas has good biking, hiking or walking on cement paths.

Please just enjoy the weekend. Meet new owners ... Join in on what interests you, chat and catch up with news, share your mods with everyone and get new ideas. That's what this weekend is all about. Have Fun!

We now have 32 spaces reserved... Nice Rally.

See you next week.
Carol and Jim
Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #77

There has been a cancellation for Lake Casitas... It was too late to cancel - they needed to fly out tonight on the red-eye for a funeral. It's as follows... If you know of anyone looking for a space, John has given the following information.

Iis reserved under the name of: John Mason
Reference A116411
Site B30 (no hookups)
October 27-29 (two nights)
Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #78

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs down

Quote:
8. Fred will have his scales with him ... let him know if you want your trailer weighed.. Sign up with Fred in Space 13...
Wouldn't you know it, we got a customer who rented them today, so I won't be able to bring them with me.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #79

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
Wouldn't you know it, we got a customer who rented them today, so I won't be able to bring them with me.
Maybe next time.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #80

Thanks Jim & Carol for a wonderful time. The weather was perfect and the people were so friendly and fun to be with.

We got home about 7 PM tonight.

Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #81

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
Thanks Jim & Carol for a great Rally. It was nice being just one hour away. We met some new friends and got to see some old ones. We really love the rallies and are so happy we can attend. See everyone on the road, Chris wants to send her own "thank you" so it will be comming.

Ken Hildner 79 Fiber Stream
Old 10-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #82

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
Heartfelt thanks, Carol & Jim, for organizing the Lake Casitas Rally once again. It just gets better and you are wonderful hosts. Thanks to Maggie & Wes for hosting the gathering for appetizers and desserts and those great campfires; nobody does it better, Wes. Thanks to Lora for herding us all in and making sure we had name tags, etc. And, last, but not least, thanks to Lori and Mike for yet another great Dutch oven class. Your generous sharing of time and knowledge is always appreciated. It was good to see old friends and make new ones. Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Ken & Chris, 1979 Fiber Stream.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:41 AM   #83

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
yes, thanks to Carol and Jim, Maggi and Wes (resident fire bug).
we got home about 1800 yesterday.
stopped at harris ranch for lunch...a big mistake. never again. those people are too proud of themselves, thier prices show it, and the service is non existent...for the most part.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:37 PM   #84

Quote:
yes, thanks to Carol and Jim, Maggi and Wes (resident fire bug).
we got home about 1800 yesterday.
Stopped at harris ranch for lunch...a big mistake. never again. those people are too proud of themselves, thier prices show it, and the service is non existent...for the most part.
I have tried several different times of day there. The only meal I like there is breakfast.