Lake San Antonio Spring Rally - Page 16 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #211

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I followed Fredrick out to Paso Robles this morning then east to my home. Had a good time and great food. A big thanks to Mike and Lori making this event a great sucess. I averaged about 16mpg pulling the trailer so the gas bill wasn't too bad. I hope the "Green Room" isn't too busy.
Mike

Old 05-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #212

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
I followed Fredrick out to Paso Robles this morning then east to my home. Had a good time and great food. A big thanks to Mike and Lori making this event a great sucess. I averaged about 16mpg pulling the trailer so the gas bill wasn't too bad. I hope the "Green Room" isn't too busy.
Mike
And if anyone is reading this back at the lake, the 46/41 route is fine today, no construction. No traffic when I went.

Bobbie

Old 05-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #213

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all - we had a WONDERFUL time at Lake San Antonio! Thanx to Mike & Lori plus everyone who made it a very special weekend.

As Bobbie stated, if anyone is still at the park reading this, we learned from the waitress at Jack's Ranch Cafe that Hwy 41 from the intersection with Hwy 46 to the 5 will be COMPLETELY CLOSED May 13, 14 & 15. Don't know if anyone planned to use that route, but it looks like a detour will be necessary. Just FYI. Safe travels & camping fun - L 'n D
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #214

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Mike and Lori .. We had a super time.

What a fantastic Rally this was. Movies under the stars every night... Dutch oven yummies.. great chatting times, roaring fires every night, fantastic weather . Even the pets enjoyed the rally. We know Jerry did.

We also stopped at Jacks Ranch on the way home - Jim had the Hawaiian Burger and I enjoyed the Ortega Burger and those great hot fries.

We're home now and it's cleanup time.. Snuggy Buggy is parked under her canopy - Now we are wondering where we can camp next between now and our October rally at Lake Casitas. Any ideas?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #215

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
you are more ambitious than I am!

I just got home.. 8 1/2 hours, including a nice pull over at the Wasco K-mart where I found a grassy area in the shade to make lunch and let the pups have a break.

My rig is sorta backed in, but still hitched.. I will do the rest in the morning, when it's NOT raining and there is.. day light.

Thanks Mike and Lori and to all that helped with my crisis' this weekend. Leslie and Dave for rescuing me off the hiway, Fred and Robert for following along and being just as late as we were on friday, Eric and all the "Guys" for trying to prop up my malfunctioning Jeep window and Liz and Rosemary (Who has an adorable rig, even if it is a stickie) for being veterinarians and keeping me from falling to bits when my old girl got sick and wierd.

Food was great.. company was great and it was as fun as last year! Thanks again Sanders!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #216

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
We've been home about an hour. The jeep had a malfunction on the way home that required an emergency stop on the side of the freeway north of S.B. The idler pulley froze and the fan belt got cooked off. After it cooled down we were able to limp it off the freeway and get the parts to fix it and get back on the road. Good the Eric is a mechanic!

Thank to Mike and Lori for the fun weekend. It was great to see everyone!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #217

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Thank you Mike and Lori! Lake San Antonio Rally has become a MUST ATTEND event for Robert and I. Robert couldn't let anything prevent him from being there.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #218

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
A few photos...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3516.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	13173
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3521.jpg   IMG_3522.jpg  

IMG_3523.jpg   IMG_3524.jpg  

IMG_3532.jpg   dutch_oven_class.jpg  

Old 05-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #219

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
methinks that this was one, if not the one, of the best.
when i think of all the iron that Lori moved around, it makes me tired and ashamed.
that was a super effort by Lori and Mike.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #220

West Coast USA
Registry
I am going to name this the "Jeep Malfunction" weekend!

I am sorry, it's my fault.. I brought a curse.

Glad you made it back OK tho!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #221

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
We are now in the Henry Cowell Redwoods State campground. Great spot with a nice view and very quiet. On our way up here we stopped at several campgrounds with the intention of staying a day or two. Two were off in the woods with no view of the ocean, and one state park was $44 a night. Another one was so crowded that there was no room at the inn. So here we are in a great park with only about two other campers in our wing of the park.

So, thank you thank you Mike and Lori for a wonderful weekend. The weather was perfect, the view was unbelievable, and the food, wow. There was so much great food. We left a lot heavier than when we came both in our bodies and with a great prize. The eazy lifts worked great and the pot will go to bullard beach with us. We can't wait to get home and practice with it.

Seeing old friends and making new ones was great. Pegs and jokers was fun to learn. And watching movies under the stars with the lake as a back drop was unforgettable.

We had so much fun. Please put us down for next year.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #222

West Coast USA
Registry
Because I am bad.. and it was late..I forgot a special thank you

Thank you Linda for the Peeps and the marvelous lesson on the proper roasting technique.

Many Peeps were killed in the event.. and no, they do NOT taste like chicken!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #223

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Cool

Thanks Mike and Lori. On a scale of 1-10 this was an eleven. We had a great time. Thanks for all your hard work.
Jim and Carolyn
Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 PM   #224

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
<div align="center">
</div>
A great thank you to everyone we met, last Saturday, for the hospitality extended to Bill and I. I'm still over whelmed how we were welcomed into your trailers and you took the time to answer all of our questions and there were many.
We were so sure that we wanted a Spirit but after talking with Mike, Carol and Carolyn we changed our plans. We're now looking for a Liberty. Still are pondering 'newly hatched' or 'up for adoption'.

Bill and Marianne

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote