Looking for a rally eastern Maritimes 2012 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #41

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I overlook Vancouver harbor and when the fog comes in I cant even see the downtown towers or their lights at night -which are only about 2.5 miles away as the sea gull fly's, happens in the summer as well as winter. Part of living on the coast. On the West coast of Vancouver Island the fog gets so think it feels like rain. Have experienced the same in the Maritimes as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #42

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Were those two part of the Red Green Show? Yikes! Trying to scare me off?
I asked because on my first trip out I went to Yellowstone in August - woke up to 28F and sleet. No heater, no coat, no longjohns... also had it snow on me in Georgian Bay in August (my idiot brother took the sailing dinghy out in it). So I guess I should have known the answer; shorts and down coats.
CeliaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #43

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeliaL View Post
Were those two part of the Red Green Show? Yikes! Trying to scare me off?
I asked because on my first trip out I went to Yellowstone in August - woke up to 28F and sleet. No heater, no coat, no longjohns... also had it snow on me in Georgian Bay in August (my idiot brother took the sailing dinghy out in it). So I guess I should have known the answer; shorts and down coats.
Nope they are a Canadian hang over from the seventies...... well weather can happen but due to elevation the odds of it snowing in July are not good..... but then again stuff does happen! No guarantees...... a good Goretex jacket should do it for you wind, rain or snow ... dont forget a toque which are good for cool nights and walking on a windy beach...
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #44

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Makes for an interesting read:
Bob and Doug McKenzie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #45

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Storey View Post
Elinor and I usually go to this camp site Old Shipyard Beach Campground in Nova Scotia every year .We don't know yet if we are going there before or after the egg fest at St.Martins . The rates are really good and it is very pretty there lots of site seeing and Advocate is near by for groceries there is a gift shop near by . There are only 24 sites .There is a camp site in Advocate NS too .

These sites are on the Bay of Fundy

Another site that is well looked after is this one and it is big enough to have an egg fest in the near future. They have an Annual Acoustic Maritime Music Festival &
the Annual Kempt Shore Bluegrass & Country/Folk Music Festival the weekend before the St Martin NB egg fest . So if anyone out there is planning a couple weeks of camping these camp sites are nice and have St Martins as a final round up .
The city of Windsor NS is not far away . Home Page

Dave and Elinor
Dave and Elinor, We are attending the St Martins rally and then going on to Nova Scotia and that Old Shipyard Beach Campground looks very inviting. We would like to get together with you at the rally for suggestions on things to see and places to go in Nova Scotia being as how you spend a lot of time there.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #46

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
We are coming to the rally as well and looked up the Old Shipyard Beach Campground. Just booked two nights there July 20 and 21st as well
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #47

New Brunswick
On the road to the Rally ( And a few other places)!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #48

New Brunswick
Old Shipyard Beach Campground

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120720_175408.png
Views:	20
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	49083

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120720_175455.png
Views:	17
Size:	364.0 KB
ID:	49084
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #49

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Hi everyone ,Bad news . We were in Nova Scotia visiting relatives and camping near Two Islands near Parrsboro NS for the past 2 weeks and didn't even get to the Old Shipyard to camp and had to return home early because of a family emergency issue that had to be looked after . Had to cancel out the St Martin's Meet We were looking forward to the get together . I guess things come up unexpectedly .Hope to meet up next year
Dave and Elinor

PS Nice pictures of the old shipyard Brian Been there lots of times very nice spot to camp
Old 07-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #50

Name: Harvey
Trailer: 1972 Trillium
Nova Scotia
Registry
We got back last evening from the rally in St. Martin's. Met some great people and had a great time. Thanks to Bill & Barb for putting this all together.

Harvey & Tina
Harvey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:32 PM   #51

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
I hated to see the weekend end. Great weather, nice location, and wonderful people. Thanks Barb and Bill.

Ron & Jane
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #52

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Maybe since you had to miss the NB rally, you might consider going to the Quebec bolerama right after the long weekend in September if there is room left. If you do, we'll see you there.
Also hope to see you next may at EggFestOntario 2013. It will be in the Peterborough area next year, we just haven't confirmed exactly where.
Vivian & Paul
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #53

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Hats off to bill and Barb for the great job they did on this rally, it was worth the trip from Florida even with no other reason. We met some great folks and hope to see them again. Bill and karen
Old 08-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #54

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Cadet
Prince Edward Island
Video - 2012 Maritime Vintage Fiberglass Camper Meet, St. Martins, New Brunswick

Hi folks,

My wife and I took our Cadet over to the meet in St Martins New Brunswick and quite enjoyed the experience. Many thanks to the organizers, Barb & Bill O'Hearn for all their hard work, they did an excellent job.

I put together a bit video of the event:

Hope yo
P.E. Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #55

New Brunswick
Great video ..thanks for posting. We watched it while in Marquette Michigan still on our way home to Thunder Bay ..a couple of more days at least

Tags
rally