"LOONIES ONLY" : B.C.'s Fall Meet. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #29

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Sharon from Seattle meet Sharen from Whidbey Island.
By the way, nice to meet you too!

Old 08-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #30

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Sharon, cheque yewr P M s LOL!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #31

Registry
...and a FOLLOW UP!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #32

Registry
HEADS UP:
Glass Egg meets, re: Saturday nights supper @ The Fort.

It is becoming 'the' thing to due Saturday night(s) at the Fort for our meet to "order in" supper to our site(s)!

There is a local Italian restaurant that delivers food right to our site(s). Normal procedure is ....the Trailer Goddess and I will have at least one copy of this Pizza Place's menu. We will make it available to anyone interested in getting in on our plans.

Everyone interested writes down what they'd like to order with their name on the order and we call in the order. Within about 20 minutes the order is delivered piping hot or cold, depending on what you've ordered to our site (# 9 in this case)! All we ask is that you have money on hand (plus whatever 'gratuity' you may care to leave) as soon as the order arrives.

We do this in an effort both to cut down on clean up(s) that MAY help in packing up Sunday morning, AND so the chefs do NOT have to cook ANOTHER meal!!!

Also, food is readily available at the on site Campers Cookhouse. (where the breakies are to DIE for)
Old 08-13-2007, 02:26 AM   #33

Trailer: 13 ft Lil Bigfoot
Hi,
Can't speak for Canada, but here's what you'll need to re-enter the United States.

Passports are the best ID at the Border.
Second best is a Government Issued ID with a photo, like a Driver's License. AND your Birth Certificate.
For the Kids, a Birth Cert and School ID is fine.

Dogs should have a Vet card, but in 11 years I've never checked.

Registration and proof of insurance on all vehicles.

The Lynden/Aldergrove border crossing is the best one to cross at right now. It's open from 8am-Midnight.
If you take the Guide Merdian Exit off I-5, be aware that construction is going on while they widen the Guide.
A good detour is to go a bit farther north to the Birch Bay Lynden Road and then go east to Lynden and the Guide Meridian.

There is work going on at the Blaine Truck Crossing and work will start in Sept on the Peach Arch Crossing. Expect delays at both crossings.

Last cheap gas is at the Safeway and the AM/PM on the Guide Meridian. Both are about 3 miles south of the Lynden Crossing near the Birch Bay Lynden Road. Gas is around $4.00gal in Canada.

Coming back into the US.
No Beef, Lamb, Citris or Tropical Fruits.
Locally grown fruit in season is OK.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #34

Mike,

You sound like you know what you are talking about....do you by chance work at the border?

Sharon
Old 08-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #35

Registry
Mike DOES seem pretty 'hip' (and bang on) with what he's talkin about too!!! I haven't gassed up at Safeway in months. The gas up here I think is still MORE than the $4.00 per gallon Mike was referring too. If you top up in U.S. you should be GOOD TO GO with whats in your tank till you return home, unless you opt to sat a while, LOL!!!

Don't forget the Duty free shop where one can (adult of legal drinking age in B.C.) purchase any 1.14L of spirits (especially dark rum, of the Lambs species...) for which someone ( ) would ( ) pay you for on 'Tuesday', as Wimpie used to say!!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #36

Trailer: 13 ft Lil Bigfoot
Quote:
Mike,
You sound like you know what you are talking about....do you by chance work at the border? Sharon
Yes, I do.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Yes, I do.
Thanks for the info Mike, you are handy to have around!!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #38

Registry
...spoke with Craig this afternoon!

ALL our sites are booked and we 'liberated' 3 more from the 5th wheeler group setting up beside us.

GLAD to see the 7 's to our ranks.

Don't be strangers, come forth an I.D. yourselves!!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #39

Registry
WOW!!!
What a difference a day (or two) makes!!

Craig (our Head Egg Beater, LOL) has already 'stolen' some sites (3) from the fifth wheel group that is slatted to be located east of us (these sites went almost immediately), but tonight we rec'd a call from a couple that has ALWAYS been at The Fort for our weekend meets but have elected to camp in their own favorite site (along the river). They are on the quiet/reserved side and its only been at the second last meet that the Trailer Goddess had been able to convince them to walk over and mingle with the rest of us Eggers.

The Fort has, this last year, undergone a major (Mager, tee hee!!) face lift and part of the remodel was to do away with this couple's riverside site. Sooo, they have asked us if its not to late for them to join us at this years meet!! They are 'reportedly' going to be in site 25 or 28.

They are both retired seniors with NO internet access IMAGINE THAT!!
They 'nest' in a 13ft Trillium and go by the names of Dick and Polly!!

SUPER couple too, BTW!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #40

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
tonight we rec'd a call from a couple that has ALWAYS been at The Fort for our weekend meets but have elected to camp in their own favorite site (along the river). They are on the quiet/reserved side and its only been at the second last meet that the Trailer Goddess had been able to convince them to walk over and mingle with the rest of us Eggers.

The Fort has, this last year, undergone a major (Mager, tee hee!!) face lift and part of the remodel was to do away with this couple's riverside site. Sooo, they have asked us if its not to late for them to join us at this years meet!! They are 'reportedly' going to be in site 25 or 28.
Doug I Suspect that they must have gone with #28 as I grabbed #25.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #41

Registry
...could be Carol, I'll check tomorrow but I just had another 'brain fart!!!! (can I say that here? )....
I seem to have amassed a small pile of tradables for trailers, is it too late to suggest anyone with anything to trade (other than spouses) bring it/them to the meet that weekend
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #42

Registry
..........just to bring this back up to the top one last time.....
Is anyone else coming early? Because we are on holidays, and the Fort is sooooo close, we are going too get there EARLY Thursday.