Lost at Lake Casitas - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-25-2002, 11:33 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Lost at Lake Casitas

When we pulled out of site #23 on Sunday, we lost the remote sensor for the indoor/outdoor Thermometer. Its made by Oregon Scientific and the sensor has a little temp. display window. I had it on the bumper next to the spare tire so it would be in the shade and just forgot about it. :red It probably fell off pretty close to our site, so if a Casitan found it we would sure appreciate getting our little guy back. :sad

There is a picture at the link. Just in case the finder has come to love our little sensor as much as we do, the indoor Thermometer that goes with it is shown too, only $34. ;)

http://www.valcoelectronics.com/oregon/emr812.htm

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 10-25-2002, 05:08 PM   #2

Ohh man, I hate when that happens...

:cry Sorry Carol, we camped right next to you but didn't spot a thing after you left. Did you call Lake Casitas? I am always paranoid about leaving a treasured accessory for the Casita. I think all that we have left behind so far is a 1.99 tablecloth.

I so enjoyed meeting you! Good luck on your search.

Old 10-25-2002, 05:28 PM   #3

Christine,
:wiggly Very Nice Avatar.

Carol,
:nope I hope you sender shows up.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:46 PM   #4

What I do

Carol,

I'm sorry :cry you lost your remote. Like Michael, I didn't walk arround looking for lost items. Maybe that is something the later leaving people should do at the next rally.

I have the same setup. I keep one remote in the refrigerator and the other remote is outside --- I mounted that one to a small piece of metal that had a hole drilled in that matches the big bolt that holds the spare tire on. I slipped it on the big bolt and added another nut. It is now safe and secure from the weather under the spare tire cover. The temperature is off if the sun has been beating on the cover but generally its pretty close to the ambient temperature. Anyway I thought I would mention my solution.

Bumpers are notorious for swallowing up things. At RMNP I put the coupler lock down. It was nowhere to be found when I went to look for it later. I looked all over. I finally gave up and put the tailgate up. Yup --- there it was on the bumper.

It was good seeing you and I hope someone found it and turned it in.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:54 PM   #5

Bye, Bye, Baby

Thanks for the replies. It was great meeting you, Christine and seeing Ted again at Lake Casitas. :wave

Christine, I guess if it didn't fall off in our campsite, it could have stayed on 'til we left the park. We were halfway down the hill before we thought of it. Our call to Lake Casitas didn't turn it up either.

Ted, that's a good idea. I think we will try that with the next remote. Won't fall off and won't walk away.