Marijuana use at Rallies in Canada - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2019, 07:53 AM   #61

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by widgetwizard View Post
In consideration of the title of the post, I believe only the opinions Canadians have any merit in this discussion.
That does not include me, so please ignore this post.

You are right of course, but they don't have to worry about our opinions because no upstanding patriotic USA citizen would go ever go there for an FGRV rally now that the county is over run with pot. Obviously we are going to need a wall up north to match the one down south.

Fortunately at the moment I am not upstanding as I am lying down.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #62

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We were considering attending a couple of Canadian FG rallies this summer but if they are going to be nothing more than a repeat of a bad Cheech & Chong movie then we will just stay home . We avoid visiting parts of the US for reasons I won’t mention and I hate the idea of having to add Canada to that list .
We live in Wisconsin and have witnessed the damage caused by the belief that you can’t have fun unless you drink mass quantities of alcohol .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #63

Name: Bill
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Pot Smoking

Being a Canadian I can tell you first hand it is a BIG problem. People are smoking that stuff in public all the time. Outside of restaurants, at the hockey games, walking down the street and at the camp grounds. It not like cigar smoke or other annoying smells, that smoke contains THC which is a drug and certainly not for children to be inhaling. The latest research indicate children exposed to THC have brain development problems. I don't want to be inhaling their second hand smoke either and why people do not mind smelling like a skunk is beyond my reasoning. Solutions: ask nicely, build a big smokey camp fire and their smoke is less evident, go inside and close the windows until it passes. Eventually the laws will change and pot smokers will have more restrictions, but for now we depend on the kindness of neighbors to be responsible. Police do not want to waste their time on this problem as the courts do not precedents established and they do not want to jam up the system with they believe to a bad notion of the government. Mostly Canadians are nice and when there is a good reason (children in area) they will likely take their smoking away from your camp site and go for a walk elsewhere.
Bill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #64

Trailer: Casita 16 ft
Pot for Seniors

The reason for making pot illegal is that it turns you brain into mush in ten years.

For us Seniors over 70, that's probably going to happen anyway whether or not you smoke/drink anything.

A friend in NY with Arthritis got good pain relief after the state legalized it.

Most pot smokers I know get calm and mellowed out when under the influence as opposed to alcoholics that get troublesome when drunk.

About all we do is a couple glasses of wine with a bowl of popcorn while sitting in the lawn chairs before calling it a night. We have some Community coffee cups for use in a tee-totaler campground.
Friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #65

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We were considering attending a couple of Canadian FG rallies this summer but if they are going to be nothing more than a repeat of a bad Cheech & Chong movie then we will just stay home . We avoid visiting parts of the US for reasons I won’t mention and I hate the idea of having to add Canada to that list .
We live in Wisconsin and have witnessed the damage caused by the belief that you can’t have fun unless you drink mass quantities of alcohol .
Please pass this on. Yes, we Warshington folks are all pot heads so please avoid here. It makes it less crowded that way.

I use a cream with pot and good stuff in it. It makes aches go away. It does not make one stoned or high. It does make one feel better because you are not achy. I hate the thought of not being able to travel with it. Ibuprofen is so much healthier....
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #66

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
By the way Bruce, cool stories! Sounds like an interesting time in your life.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:13 PM   #67

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Nothing has changed in Canada since legalization other than the use of pot no longer makes you a criminal. Those that used it before still do, and those that didn't still don't.

Basically it has been a non-event.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:27 PM   #68

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
I would have to agree with Moderator Jim.
Nothing has changed.
No "Reefer Madness".
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:10 AM   #69

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Florida
Registry
Absolutely!!! I would like to find the idiot that invented those annoying disgustingly noisy leaf blowers and change his mind.
zorrou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #70

Name: A&B
Trailer: 2011 Casita SD
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
No "Reefer Madness".
THIS^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Nothing has changed in Canada since legalization
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^
AandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #71

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Nothing has changed in Canada since legalization other than the use of pot no longer makes you a criminal. Those that used it before still do, and those that didn't still don't.

Recreational pot has been sold legally here in Colorado since 2014 and not much has changed except for quite a bit more tax money in the state's coffers. And there's the added benefit of hundreds of decent paying jobs for people who were pretty much unemployable before. Now they can all work in pot stores where they're called "budtenders".
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #72

Name: Cate & Dan
Trailer: 1976 Triple E SurfSide "The Mutt Hut"
Manitoba
One thing that has not been mentioned is that the marijuana marketed today is not like the pot some of us smoked in college. Most of us got leaf pot because bud was more lucratively made into hash. The stuff sold now is bud because the industry has become more efficient in production methodology. Bud is a lot more potent. A couple of puffs and you have a buzz on, so no more "hot boxing" the camper to get high. it is unlikely that even a regular user is going to be noticed because first they don't need as much smoke and second, despite the change in law, people that were and are still using, are so used to hiding their consumption that the paranoia about getting caught still exists. As previously mentioned, many of the people who are trying it now are looking for a more natural way to combat pain, anxiety, Parkinsons, or insomnia. Legalizing has allowed them to approach cannabis without having to justify it to a doctor who may view its use as unorthodox or quackery. Many in the medical community are slow to give up their prescription pads for alternative methods such as acupuncture, massage therapy, and marijauna. My mother uses honey mixed with just the pollen, in her morning tea to combat hip pain rather than take opiates that can be addictive and expensive by comparison. There are two primary strains of pot as well, sativa and indica so the level of THC and CBD varies. Those with higher CBD are better for treating pain and higher THC, is better for sleep and anxiety. Indica strains tend to make one sleepier and Sativa strains make one more energetic as a generalization. Either way, Canada has laws governing consumption and we will probably have to see how that plays out when the camping season resumes. It is still against the law to consume cannabis in your vehicle, or in public areas and while medical marijuana consumers were able to grow two plants for personal use, that is no longer the case. The government has to get their tax dollars, don't ya know! As the wheels of our legal system turn, I am sure there will be challenges. My only observation is that people no longer have to be ashamed of using it. Little else has changed here. As for the comparisons to other substances, everything in moderation though I have been to many a party in my youth where drunks have gotten into fights while the stoners looked on with the only thing they desired to "murder" was a bag of chips. They also faired better the next day because pot doesn't leave behind a hangover.
Old Macdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #73

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
Back many decades ago when I worked as a midnight shift waitress in Texas, I used to say I'd rather deal with a high hippie than a drunk cowboy ANY day of the week.

I don't imagine that has changed much.

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #74

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Is it in any way strange that OP has not been back here since posting the original question?
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:42 PM   #75

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Not at all. Happens all the time. The question is answered (or not, often enough) and the topic takes on a life of its own. Especially if it's something controversial like tow ratings, tires, toilets, WDH, generators, unvented heaters, Walmart "camping," coffee... We can now add marijuana to the list.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:50 PM   #76

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
I don't see what the problem is. Since the campsite is considered private, why is the behavior there so important to others? If you have children, won't you be able to keep them out of other's campsites? Children and tobacco, and children and alcohol don't mix either, but have been in close proximity for generations with very little eyebrow raising. Also, I'm assuming the concern is directed at use for pleasure, but what about medical use?

Because it has a terrible smell and permeates everything and can be smelled many campsites away. You are right tobacco though not as accepted these days and alcohol can still be problems. Ironic isn't it that there has been years of advertising/education to stop smoking and now they legalize pot smoking. Kinda crazy world we live in eh!
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #77

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Gives a whole new meaning to the term "This Buds for you".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie "Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt"
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #78

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Just like Cigarettes Pot smoke also STINKS VERY MUCH BAD!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:37 PM   #79

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I enjoy the smell of good pipe tobacco or a good cigar , the same thing cannot be said for pot . To me it smells like burning garbage . That being said I feel no need to appoint myself as keeper of the campground .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:55 PM   #80

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Yeah, I actually have a worse reaction to perfume and cologne than cigarette smoke. And somehow that stuff is legal...
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote