ON May 24/25/26 2013 EggFest Ontario - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
EggFestOntario2013

Here is the information for EggFestOntario 2013!!!
DATES; Friday, Saturday and Sunday - May 24, 25 26
You are also welcome to come in on Thursday and stay over till Monday.
LOCATION: Beavermead Park Campground - Group camp sites (no services)
2011 Ashburnham Street, Peterborough, Ontario
705-742-9712
E-mail - beavermead@peterborough.ca
DIRECTIONS; On the east end of the city - if coming in on highway 7 from the east, stay to the right where 7 meets Lansdowne Street. At Ashburnham turn right (watch for the signs to the Lift Locks) at the lights and go North. Turn left at the lights with the campground sign. Go through the parking lot and sign in at the camp registration booth.
If coming from the West, North or South, Take the 7/115 bypass east to the Ashburnham Exit. When you get around to Ashburnham Drive, turn left. Go through the stoplights at Lansdowne and continue to the Campground Sign. You’ll see the big Red Boot sign for Nelson’s Boots on the south east corner of Lansdowne and Ashburnham and Tim Hortons on the South West corner (yes you can walk there).
CAMP SITES & RATES; We are located in the Group Camping area and the fee is $6.00 per night PER PERSON. Once you have checked in and paid at the booth, come over to the EggFest Welcome Centre and we’ll direct you into the area because this is a smaller campground so it will have to be cozy camping!
SERVICES; If someone has to have services, there are a few serviced sites nearby but you will have to phone Beavermead to make your own arrangements, either before Thanksgiving or after the first weekend in May. The rates for serviced sites are around $40 this year.
RESERVATIONS/REGISTRATION; If you are planning on joining the group camping, you don’t need to reserve with the campground. But I have to provide them with a list of attendees, so please phone or email me with your name, location, contact email or phone # plus the year and model of your unit, in order to be put on the group camping list by the 15th of May. Anyone not on the list will have to make their own arrangements regarding camping sites and rates when they arrive. The group sites will be held for people on the list. If something changes and you cannot come, please let me know so I can make room for others wanting to come. We are limited to 40 trailers in our group sites.
BEAVERMEAD CAMPGROUND. Beavermead is located in the city of Peterborough, home of the world famous Lift Locks. The city has the Canoe Museum and a wide array of things to see and do. The campground has showers and washrooms and fire pits. It is on the Peterborough walking trail; the Ecology Garden is right next door and it’s part of the city park which has a lovely beach and pavilion, just a short walk away.
EVENTS; Friday/Saturday:- Sign in at EggFestCentral, get your free sticker, door prize number & get your 50/50 tickets. Also check out the Book Trade (bring a book, take a book).
Saturday AM: A “Snoopers Mini-house tour/yard sale“. Show off your unit and set out anything you have for sale. Saturday PM: - A bring-your-own supper, 50/50 draw, door prize draws, Baby Picture guessing contest (PLEASE everyone bring us your baby picture). Friday & Saturday nights: - Bonfire and sing-a-long, bring your voices and/or instruments. Come have some fun with us.
Vivian & Paul Parkin
Attached Thumbnails
Group Shot by Joe.jpg  
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:03 AM   #2

Registry
EggFestOntario 2013

Check out our blog at EggFestOntario2013.blogspot.com for any other information or to send us a message if you wish to put your name on the list.
V & P
Old 09-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #3

Registry
Note that you only call the campground direct if you want to have hydro. Otherwise, just let me know. See the Rally Calendar or my blog.
vivian
Old 09-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #4

Registry
Wink EggFest Peterborough Ontario 2013

All the information for next year's Eggfest is now on my blog at
EggFestOntario2013.blogspot.ca and it's posted here on the 2013 calendar for May 2013. Check it out.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #5

Registry
May 24/25/26 2013 EggFest Ontario

Next year Eggfest will be in Peterborough, Ontario on the last weekend in May (24/25/26). Group camping is $6 per person per night and there are serviced sites available at around $40. If you want to be in the group sites just let me know here, but if you need services you will have to contact the city of Peterborough to book at Beavermead campground and ask for a site next to the EggFest group site.
For more information, just copy and paste the following address into your search bar: - EggFestOntario2013.blogspot.ca
Don't put in the www dot com, it won't take you to the blog. Hope to see y'all next spring.
Vivian & Paul
Old 10-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #6

Registry
Bonnie & Claude, I have you on the Group Site List for next May.
v
Old 10-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
For more information, just copy and paste the following address into your search bar: - EggFestOntario2013blogspot.ca
Don't put in the www dot com, it won't take you to the blog. Hope to see y'all next spring.
Vivian & Paul
Just a quick comment - you do need to add a "dot" between 2013 & blogspot...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #8

Registry
Eggfest blog address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Just a quick comment - you do need to add a "dot" between 2013 & blogspot...
Thanks Jon, you are absolutely right. I've just edited the address and made the correction.
v
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #9

Registry
EggFestOntario2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Next year Eggfest will be in Peterborough, Ontario on the last weekend in May (24/25/26). Group camping is $6 per person per night and there are serviced sites available at around $40. If you want to be in the group sites just let me know here, but if you need services you will have to contact the city of Peterborough to book at Beavermead campground and ask for a site next to the EggFest group site.
For more information, just copy and paste the following address into your search bar: - EggFestOntario2013.blogspot.ca
Vivian & Paul
Dave Clapp just phoned to tell me that Peterborough City is not accepting any reservations for the serviced sites until the new year. I have about 13 registered with me for group camping so far.
He has also volunteered to hold a workshop on the Saturday regarding fixes and problems with eggs. Since I know we all have little things to get done or questions to be answered, I accepted, and will post his site at EggFest central. Thanks Dave.

We just booked for Quebec Bolerama 2013 for next September - wow, seems a long way away but it guess this season is pretty much done. The boogie boler is at the doctor as we speak, getting the sagging roof fixed and should be home in a day or two. Then it's pack it up for the winter and come back in here to finish the "staging" and photographing of our house as it is now on the market. So it's going to be a busy winter for us.
See you in May
Old 11-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #10

Registry
Just a note that my blog at EggFestOntario2013.blogspot.ca has for some strange reason been translated to Arabic and I haven't figured out how to return it to its original English. When I switched from IGoogle to Google Chrome it just happened. I can use TRANSLATE to change the body but not the header and it doesn't stay that way.
I will continue to update the Eggfest information here and at bolerama until it's fixed.
We now have 17 registrants from Ontario, Quebec, and Connecticut.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #11

Registry
The blog is back up and running in English for those of you who visit me at Bizzian's Place -. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had trouble with a strange language when upgrading to Google Chrome. Finnish and German were two others that people wound up with. Strange.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #12

Registry
More updates. We have 50 buttons coming for 2013 and they are reserved for the first 50 registrants. We are also limited to 40 trailers in the group sites. I am up to 24 registrations but a few of them are taking serviced sites. Once the group sites are full people will have to make their own arrangements for either serviced or unserviced sites, directly with Peterborough or Beavermead. The campground has indicated they may allow doubling up on those sites if we fill up the park.
If you go over to the blog at Bizzian's Place - you can view a list of who is coming so far.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #13

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we're looking forward to it! as i said to you in my email, spring can't come soon enough!!
thanks for organizing it, vivian.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #14

Registry
Don't forget if anybody wants to come on Thursday you are welcome. We plan on being there on Thursday.
Vivian
Old 11-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #15

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
OK, you got us with that Button Bribe

[QUOTE=Vivian Layne-Parkin;346408]More updates. We have 50 buttons coming for 2013 and they are reserved for the first 50 registrants.

We've been holding off because we are expecting a "Command Performance" wedding invitation for the Spring, and it might be that weekend.

Put us down for the Group Site and if we have to cancel and forfeit our Button later, so be it. Or maybe we could use the Hot Bunk system and bring the honeymooners along?.

Looking forward already to Spring,

Diane and Des
Attached Thumbnails
P1040136.jpg  
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #16

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
"Looking forward already to Spring,"

Diane and Des

p.s. Did you invite the Bagpipers to the 2013 rally?
Attached Thumbnails
P1040124.jpg  
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #17

Registry
You know my maternal grandmother was a Lockhart and even she would have had enough after a full day of bagpipers practicing scales! They had had enough of us too.
Welcome aboard. I put you down for the group site and you are welcome to bring along the honeymooners if you want. I'm not sure what a "hot bunk system" is but you go ahead.
Vivian
Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #18

Registry
Calling Ed Shook.

I got your private message but the email address to reply to you came back as undeliverable. I can confirm that you are on the group site list here or you can email me at
layneparkin@gmail.com
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #19

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
ED here

I got an email through the grape vine that I had been posted. Here I am and all registered for this fun get-to-gether. Sounds like the nucleus for a fun group.Hope to see everyone in May. Now to that thread about Canadians.
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #20

Name: andrew
Trailer: 17 boler
Ontario
if you guys have question, let me know as i live in ptbo. looking forward to making it
andrew78 is offline   Reply With Quote