ON May 25-27, 2012: EggFest 2012 Kingston - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #101

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi vivian---looking forward to seeing you at rideau acres. for all those coming, the park assured me that they will have their canoe/kayak rentals all available that weekend.
can't wait!!!!
That's easy for you to say Theresa. I get my butt into a canoe or kayak, that part is fine, but there's no possible way to get me back out of it. Been there, tried that, disaster followed. I am brining my ring toss and guitar and that will be enough for me, but I certainly hope all the enthusiasts get to go out on the water.
Vivian
Old 05-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #102

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Thumbs up

we love ring toss, too! just wondering how your camping weekend at algonquin went?? how were the blackflies??

and just a reminder to everyone about the table for book exchange plus the chance to put out things to sell or trade.

we're leaving home next friday and will be in ottawa for the long weekend (sat and sun) then off to algonquin (lake of two rivers). i'm soooo looking forward to this trip!!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #103

Registry
We were at Mew Lake in Algonquin for a week and we always go last week in April or first week in May - No blackflies - no mosquitoes - unfortunately, no fish either but it was lovely and peaceful as usual. You may have black flies by the time you get there. Mew Lake seldom has them as it is on a dry hummock, not sure about Lake of Two Rivers, but Rock Lake is normally terrible as it is in a swamp. This year, they had some water problems at Rock so it was closed (it's the only other one open this early) so Mew was packed to the gills but they're all fishermen, hikers or canoeists(sic) so it was still quiet.
I am getting excited to actually see this thing give birth. I've been sitting at this computer with it for so long, it will be amazing to see it finally fly.
Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Vivian
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #104

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Sounds like it's going to be a large turnout

Do you have a number of attendees yet, just curious.

Our BeachComber is close to set I installed a new style hitch to be on the safe side, the old style one had no provisions for locking or latching and made me a little nervous it would pop off while towing and I'd lose the trailer.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #105

Name: Mike
Trailer: Just bought a boler Trailer
Ontario
We just confirmed our reservation. Looking forward to going and seeing all the trailers.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #106

Trailer: Boler 17 ft 1977 / 04 Explorer Sport Trac
I have just sent my reservation. Great pleasure to meet people there again
Old 05-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #107

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Hi Vivian...Alistair & Inge Camelford will be coming- ALL the way from Belleville :>D...just confirmed our ressy with Rideau .

Can't pass up the chance to re-unite with Raymond B, Des N. and Theresa P. along with the rest of you 'glassers.

Will have the guitar and banjo to add to the noise (oops...music )

Thanks for organizing this rally, Vivian

Alistair & Inge in The Road Toad
Old 05-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Camelford View Post
Hi Vivian...Alistair & Inge Camelford will be coming- ALL the way from Belleville :>D...just confirmed our ressy with Rideau .

Can't pass up the chance to re-unite with Raymond B, Des N. and Theresa P. along with the rest of you 'glassers.

Will have the guitar and banjo to add to the noise (oops...music )

Thanks for organizing this rally, Vivian

Alistair & Inge in The Road Toad
________

Hi Alistair and Inge

I was hoping you will be there. Great to meet you again. And there will be a bit of that pink sparkling something you have tasted quite a long time ago !

Hi Des and Theresa too....
Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #109
jus

Name: Liz&Joe
Trailer: 84 Boler 1300
Ontario
Eggfest Kingston

Hi Vivian,

Liz&Joe here,
This winter we purchased a 1984 Boler and refurbished it.
Had our first trip this past weekend to Haliburton area, Ontario.
Went great!!! getting the bugs out.....

We were thinking of attending eggfest in Kingston.
The trip from Midland would be good.
We are new to all this so any info would help.
Have read your eggfest site so we have the basic ideas.

I will bring my guitar and harmonica's if that works ?
Whatever else we can do to help, let us know.

Before we book the site, is there site numbers to consider
within the eggfest area ?

Liz&Joe
Old 05-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #110

Ontario
Out of curiosity, is anyone else bringing any children? I know the park has great facilities, and they won't be bored, but wanted to see if anyone else had intentions on bringing theirs.

We are bringing ours. And wanted to see if anyone else was too.

thanks!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #111

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
woohoo!!!! alistair and inge---cannot wait to see you again! and although i was looking forward to the campfire before, knowing there'll be guitars, harmonicas and alistair's terrific vocals now, i am so excited i want to leave home tonight!!!

this is going to be SOOOO much fun!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
Out of curiosity, is anyone else bringing any children? I know the park has great facilities, and they won't be bored, but wanted to see if anyone else had intentions on bringing theirs.

We are bringing ours. And wanted to see if anyone else was too.

thanks!
We will bring our 10 years old grandson. He is french speaking, but has begun to learn a bit of english. He knows it's an occasion to practice !
Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #113

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Brodeur View Post
We will bring our 10 years old grandson. He is french speaking, but has begun to learn a bit of english. He knows it's an occasion to practice !
Sounds perfect. We have a 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl. They should get along great!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
sounds perfect. We have a 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl. They should get along great!

good !
Old 05-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #115

Registry
Wow, welcome aboard everybody and I will answer the questions as I can.
Rick, I am going to telephone Neil next week to get some updated numbers because I am doing stickers (instead of buttons, I can't do the work that Donna does for Ontario Bolerama) for everybody. I believe we are close to 30 right now. I had hoped for at least 20 for our first year, because I've never done this before.

Liz & Joe, welcome aboard too. The sites seemed to be mostly all the same in the rally part of the campground, so I don't think the number thing is much of a consideration. I am booked and can't even remember my # - Ha Ha! Yes please bring your instruments. This is a "disorganized" event so you can wing it. I've never organized one of these before so we can learn together. Just enjoy is the main thing. Don't forget the supper get-together is not a pot luck. Just cook whatever you want. We'll pull a bunch of tables together and all eat together at 6pm. I'm doing pulled pork sandwhiches and I know some are bringing pasta but at Quebec bolerama two or three people brought their little BBQ's to the table so anybody could cook their burgers, etc.

Mike, as you can see there will be at least one more child. And yes, the park has lots for the children to do.

Raymond: Yahoo, if your grandson speaks french, perhaps I can practice with him. Ha Ha. I was finally able to find someone to teach me some french but only 5 lessons so far. I'm better at writing so I need to practice hearing it the most. I am studying at home hard though.
J'espere que de practiceur mon francais a EggFest! J'apprends francais pour le Quebec bolerama en Septembre, mais je voudrais avoir choisi le français comme un enfant n'est pas à 71 !!!! That's really hard.
I hope I have answered everybody's questions up to date.

Just a reminder everyone. Rideau Acres has a standard campground dog policy. 6' leashes at all times and no excessive barking or aggressive behaviour or you will be politely asked to leave. Please let the park know if anyone is not abiding by this policy as it can ruin things for all of us. Otherwise pets are also welcome.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #116

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Talking Wow 30 trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Wow, welcome aboard everybody and I will answer the questions as I can.
Rick, I am going to telephone Neil next week to get some updated numbers because I am doing stickers (instead of buttons, I can't do the work that Donna does for Ontario Bolerama) for everybody. I believe we are close to 30 right now. I had hoped for at least 20 for our first year, because I've never done this before.

Liz & Joe, welcome aboard too. The sites seemed to be mostly all the same in the rally part of the campground, so I don't think the number thing is much of a consideration. I am booked and can't even remember my # - Ha Ha! Yes please bring your instruments. This is a "disorganized" event so you can wing it. I've never organized one of these before so we can learn together. Just enjoy is the main thing. Don't forget the supper get-together is not a pot luck. Just cook whatever you want. We'll pull a bunch of tables together and all eat together at 6pm. I'm doing pulled pork sandwhiches and I know some are bringing pasta but at Quebec bolerama two or three people brought their little BBQ's to the table so anybody could cook their burgers, etc.

Mike, as you can see there will be at least one more child. And yes, the park has lots for the children to do.

Raymond: Yahoo, if your grandson speaks french, perhaps I can practice with him. Ha Ha. I was finally able to find someone to teach me some french but only 5 lessons so far. I'm better at writing so I need to practice hearing it the most. I am studying at home hard though.
J'espere que de practiceur mon francais a EggFest! J'apprends francais pour le Quebec bolerama en Septembre, mais je voudrais avoir choisi le français comme un enfant n'est pas à 71 !!!! That's really hard.
I hope I have answered everybody's questions up to date.

Just a reminder everyone. Rideau Acres has a standard campground dog policy. 6' leashes at all times and no excessive barking or aggressive behaviour or you will be politely asked to leave. Please let the park know if anyone is not abiding by this policy as it can ruin things for all of us. Otherwise pets are also welcome.
Pretty good for you're first try I guess with practice you'll get better
Old 05-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #117

Registry
Well I can only hope everyone has a great time. At 71 I'm starting late but hey, it keeps me out of trouble. Since I can't handle the heat of summer, we decided to do a spring event and it seems to be going over well.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #118
jus

Name: Liz&Joe
Trailer: 84 Boler 1300
Ontario
HaHooo....We Are Booked !

Vivian,
We are booked at Rideau Acres so you can put our names
on your list of eggheads for eggfest.

GREAT job on organizing this !!

We can't wait to meet you and all the other eggers & eggerets.

Some info from the park;
They have set aside most of the rally area for this event
so there are lots of spaces for last minute bookers, etc.

They took payment for the first night up front
and then will give a "rally discount" when paid in full.

Our site # is not given until we get there.

The long range weather is looking goooood.

Anyone not coming will missout on a great event !!!!!

Joe&Liz
Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #119

Registry
reminder; Saturday night we pull a bunch of tables together for a Supper Gathering where everybody brings their own meal to the tables around 5:30 and we all eat together. If a few people bring their little BBQ's to the table, anybody who is doing BBQ'd Dogs, Burgers, etc. can cook right there.

This is instead of a pot-luck which we decided not to do because of the special food needs/allergies/choices of many of our guests and the LONG LINE-UPS. It worked really well at Quebec bolerama, and I see that Ontario bolerama has dropped the pot-luck also. Line-ups were just too long and some people at the end of the line got no food and a couple of people got sick so. No potluck.
Bizzian
Old 05-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #120

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Can we bring some of our small paintings to sell ? My wife and I are artists .
Closed Thread